QUANTUM KEY ep

T4N63R1N3 DR34M
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: QUANTUM KEY ep

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

I am completely on board with the music that is being created by the band and find Quantum Key to be a very good EP.

I look forward to the release of Quantum Years and hopefully a live concert.

BUT....

For me, this will always be a NEW band. I will buy the CDs and will listen many times.

Edgar was the embodiment of Tangerine Dream. The captain of the ship. The leader. The inspiration for the music.

The creator of the artwork. The driver of the direction of the music. The man behind the concepts.

Other band members came and went. Someone, somewhere, asked "why did Edgar never leave?"

It was HIS band. He could not leave.

The new band have his inspiration and musical guidelines, but they cannot have his knowledge and exact idea of what he wanted, only a rough outline which they will interpret.

There are those that may say that Tangerine Dream will continue, even without the original creator.

Of course, they are correct. Tangerine Dream CAN continue. BUT, in name only.

However, realistically, these fans are of course deluding only themselves if they believe the 'band' will be Tangerine Dream.

The new band may well go on to create some of the greatest music. I think they will. I think the new album will amaze us.

The three members, Thorsten, Ulrich and Hoshiko are excellent musicians and are very well respected by me.

However, FOR ME, Tangerine Dream are no more. Long live QUANTUM YEARS, the new band..the new direction..the new era.

(I shall now retire to my flame-proof shelter somewhere secret, away from attack :) , safe in the knowledge that this is only MY opinion and that other opinions are available)

The other opinions remain invalid to me of course, but I look forward to seeing the responses.

Music is subjective. Some people say Zeit/Atem/Alpha Centauri is the greatest trilogy. Some say Rubycon/Ricochet/Phaedra. Some say Tangram/Force Majeure/White Eagle.

There are many, many combinations. They are ALL valid. None are right, none are wrong (not even those that like Rockooon ;) like me) You like what you like.

p.s. This is the longest post I've ever put on here. (The biggest waste of letters, some may say ;) )

The history of Tangerine Dream will be with us always...but now, please welcome QUANTUM YEARS
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

That wasn't a bad post, after all... :lol:
I would say that you're not wrong AND you're not right... :wink:
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

TDludo wrote:That wasn't a bad post, after all... :lol:
I would say that you're not wrong AND you're not right... :wink:
And I would agree with you and disagree ;)
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I really like this ep single, I never complaining about it, I don’t know why people made a big huge fuss about it,
Electron Bonfire is one my favorite track, I must it play it 100 times or more, I really like this track.
To be continued.

Best Peter. LASERDISC DREAM

:!: :arrow:
Donofrio_TD

Post by Donofrio_TD »

RAYMAN, I'm not "bailing out". I still like the music. In fact I do love it, and I never said it was bad or that I was going to quit. I believe I made that clear before. It's just that these guys are not in the same dimension that Edgar was and, of course, that deserves some criticism if they're going to keep the name of the brand "Tangerine Dream" with themselves.

By the way, ant, if you can't handle criticism from time to time and you only want to hear possitive reviews all your life, then there's a simple rule for you to follow: Do not read me!! ;) I'm sure you wouldn't spend any time writing about something you didn't care for. Guess what? Me either! If I didn't care for Quantum Key or any other release, I wouldn't be here, and the most it takes me to write a review or a response is 10 minutes, no more, so I don't really spend that much time here. So there you have it!! Don't read me if you don't want to. Block me out, if you must!! But I won't stop writing my opinions just because you say so. If something reaches the level it deserves, then I'll write a possitive review..., but if something (in my view) doesn't or gets only half-way there, like many of the releases from the last couple of years, then don't expect flowers!!! :P But that doesn't mean I don't care or that I've given up, just that my priorities have been re-classified.
Laserdisc Dream

No word just yet from invisible hand, the vinyl version for the quantum key.
I don’t know when it coming out.
The only thing I own the copy was the out this world on LP.

ant

Post by ant »

Donofrio_TD, I can take criticism, even if I don't agree with it, but I am just fed up with hearing it here. As I said earlier, we have lost the big guy himself and I just want to enjoy what is to come from Thorsten, Ulrich and Hoshiko. So if you want to carry on putting downers on everything, I will do as you suggest - Ignore you in future.
Biggus Dickus
ant

Post by ant »

:? I see Amazon have Quantum Key as a pre-order now for a release in October 2016. It also says you can't post comments on it yet as it hasn't been released, even though there are comments attached to it from the release last year!! What is that all about? Is it being re-released or is it just an Amazon blunder? :roll:
Biggus Dickus
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

ant wrote::? I see Amazon have Quantum Key as a pre-order now for a release in October 2016. It also says you can't post comments on it yet as it hasn't been released, even though there are comments attached to it from the release last year!! What is that all about? Is it being re-released or is it just an Amazon blunder? :roll:
It's a re-release on a new label:

http://www.musictap.net/2016/08/19/the- ... antum-key/
ant

Post by ant »

:roll: Thanks Insvims. Someone else has told me that but says it should be showing as a vinyl release not a cd release, which is what Amazon are showing it as. If it is just a cd release then I cannot see the point as it is available from Eastgate still. It being a vinyl release would make more sense. :D
Biggus Dickus
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

ant wrote::roll: Thanks Insvims. Someone else has told me that but says it should be showing as a vinyl release not a cd release, which is what Amazon are showing it as. If it is just a cd release then I cannot see the point as it is available from Eastgate still. It being a vinyl release would make more sense. :D
Maybe for similar reasons as the re-release of the Zeitgeist Concert. For the American market or something. And I guess it will reach a wider audience with better distribution and promotion (maybe?).
ant

Post by ant »

:) Possibly Insvims. They did release the Out Of This World album on Vinyl, so maybe this is too. I have looked on their website but it does not mention Quantum Key at the moment - at least I could not see it anyway. I guess time will tell. :D
Biggus Dickus
Laserdisc Dream

check out the front cover for vinyl edition.

Back cover.

I''ll Be looking forward to this vinyl edition.

71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

I listened to this cupdisc for the first time today. I found it very good. Too early to say more at this point.