Stranger Things

RAYMAN1970
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Stranger Things

Post by RAYMAN1970 »

Forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere, but there is a Netflix original series in the US (not sure about other regions) that has been scored by Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein (of the group S U R V I V E).

The music sounds almost EXACTLY like the Froese, Franke, Schmoelling era of TD. The show itself is set in 1983, so the music fits in perfectly with the setting.

I have read some articles about the composers and they definitely specify TD as an inspiration (the soundtrack to "The Keep" in particular).

Give this soundtrack a listen. I am sure you will want to purchase it. It is like a flashback to early-80s TD music.

The dream is still alive and continues to inspire others.
sorcerer

Re: Stranger Things

Post by sorcerer »

Sounds interesting this. Hopefully this series will be on in the UK, will check.

Is the show any good ? worth it for the music no doubt anyway.

AND there is no doubt the Dream continues to inspire and influence others, the amount of TD style music that is prevalent and continues to be in the EM world is staggering. Some of it is very good indeed and some not so. Always amazes me also that so many of these musicians who are clearly TD influenced , some bordering on plagiarism :wink: , slagged and slag TD off continually. Not all obviously.
RAYMAN1970

Post by RAYMAN1970 »

The show is quite good. It is a mixture, if you will, of films such as E.T., Goonies, and Steven King's "The Stand" and is told (mainly) through the eyes of a group of early-teen children who live in a rural town where bizarre occurrences begin to happen that affect, not only the kids, but some of the adults as well, including the town sheriff.

After viewing further episodes, I have identified two scenes the use ACTUAL TD music. One episode uses a short, edited mix of "Green Desert" and another scene uses an abbreviated version of "Exit".

Even if it weren't for the music, I would still tune in. It is a very well-crafted show, but I must admit, it was the MUSIC that tempted me to check it out. The same held true for the 1990 series "Twin Peaks". Both shows have amazing music that made me want to tune in, but I ended up loving these shows anyway.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Horizon from Poland has also been used.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Wow check out the new music soundtrack by tangerine dream for Stranger Things. :shock:

https://soundcloud.com/tangerinedreamof ... out-glitch

https://soundcloud.com/tangerinedreamofficial2015/ii-1

the second track i like this one. :wink:

:!: :arrow:
ant

Post by ant »

:roll: Is this going to be released officially on CD? :roll:
Biggus Dickus
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

ant wrote::roll: Is this going to be released officially on CD? :roll:
I can't see why... It's just something they are making "for fun", a kind of "hommage to an hommage".
It's not part of the real Stranger Things soundtrack...
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
ant

Post by ant »

:) I know it is not an official soundtrack and is just a bit of fun but it still could be released couldn't it? :)
Biggus Dickus
Okefenokee

Post by Okefenokee »

I just finished watching the second season. The last episode, chapter 9, also contains a snipped from Poland, "Rare Bird", the closing section of Tangent :-)