Counterpoint records

RAYMAN1970
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Counterpoint records

Post by RAYMAN1970 »

Been seeing "CDs" for sale by these guys on eBay.

They seem to be CDRs of Tangerine Tree, Tangerine Leaves, and other various "bootlegs" and fan-made compilations.

Thoughts on this?
Cyclone

Re: Counterpoint records

Post by Cyclone »

Just don't buy.
RAYMAN1970

Post by RAYMAN1970 »

I had no plans to buy. I have sincere doubts about the sound quality.

My main reason for the comment is, how can TD let this go on? This is a BLATANT violation of why the Tree and Leaves series were ever "released" in the first place; on a not-for-profit basis.

Obviously, Counterpoint Records IS making a profit!

I may be wrong, but it seems like things have fallen apart since Edgar's passing; this forum is largely inactive, the autobiography is STILL delayed, no real news from EB to speak of, bootlegs are getting out of control again.....

Is TD fandom dying?
ant

Post by ant »

:) Fandom is not dying on my behalf but it really is time we had some news about future releases and what has happened about the Starmus DVD. EB is obviously around because since I mentioned that it was strange a upcoming concert had not been put on the News page, a few days later it appeared.

Please EB (Or anyone) - give us some news, otherwise there is a good chance fans will start disappearing from here!! :cry:
Biggus Dickus
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

RAYMAN1970 wrote:... how can TD let this go on?
Counterpoint has been discussed here and elsewhere often.
TD knows, but apparently legal actions are not worth the effort.
There is a statement by EB from about two years ago here.
Last edited by Cyclone on Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

ant wrote: ... Please EB (Or anyone) - give us some news ...
(Unfortunately) there are the latest news usually first on facebook.
Jon

Post by Jon »

ant wrote:Please EB (Or anyone) - give us some news, otherwise there is a good chance fans will start disappearing from here!! :cry:
Like 90 % haven't already?

The Zest on Facebook is the place to be for TD news, like it or not.
ant

Post by ant »

:? Yes, and I find that very sad. Thorsten, Ulrich and Hoshiko are keeping the band alive in Edgar's memory but the fans 'can't be bothered anymore'. Yes, of course, Edgar founded the band and was TD but the other band members over the years made it happen with him and helped compose some wonderful music with him so now Thorsten and Hoshiko plus Ulrich are working hard to complete Edgar's TD years, I think we should be firmly behind them and supporting them big time. For Edgar, if not for anything or anyone else. I sure am and am proud to still want to see and hear their music. Good on them for keeping the TD spirit alive and shame on those fans who have deserted and can't be bothered to see out Edgar's Quantum years. Their Loss!! :(
Biggus Dickus
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Re these Counterpoint chancers. They have been kicking about on ebay for ages. Obvious rip off merchants that personally I wouldn't touch with a bargepole. Surely folk are aware of what they are purchasing there.

However I have to say that personally I have no idea how to go about getting the trees and leaves stuff. So perhaps others are tempted to buy that stuff from them. In respect of the Tree/Leaves I have always been concerned about the sound quality. Bought the reissued Cherry Red bootleg box and whilst it is interesting think I have only listened to it once as I found the sound quality complete pants overall, and this is meant to be pretty good is it not ? I daresay there will be good TD tree stuff though. Although have to say that bootmoon stuff is also poor.

In respect of this forum, as I have said several times previously it is very sad indeed to see it at this level of inactivity. All the allegedly massive TD fans that have bailed out of the Official band forum. Many who were on here posting about the band, music and all the other stuff constantly. Strange and sad to see this.