KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN LIVE NOW - TD DOCUMENTARY

ant
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN LIVE NOW - TD DOCUMENTARY

Post by ant »

:) Either way the pledges are now just over 63,000 Euros so I think it will happen now!! So pleased. :D
Biggus Dickus
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Yes, it seems it will happen ! And the pledges will be way over 70 000 Euros ! :D
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

ant wrote::( It is sad to think that has been the story of your life 71db. TD have had a large following over the years and I have met numerous people who know them. They may not be a massive fan like me, but they know them. TD have never been in the 'popular music domain' like others, because Edgar did not want that. He admired other bands and musicians but never wanted the fame I think. They never aimed for No. 1 hits etc, as that was not what Edgar was trying to do with his music. To him, I think, it was a musical journey for which he was quite happy if some of us tagged along. There is a good chance this documentary will be made. At the time of writing this, there is an anonymous pledger who will give exactly the same amount at the end of today as all the pledges since sometime last Sunday and I think we only need circa 3000 euros for that to happen, so I am optimistic now!! Cheer up 71db, life is not all doom and gloom. As Talk Talk once said - "Life is what you make it". :)
Compared to Finland, Tangerine Dream has been extremely popular in Germany, UK and US. I have known about TD since early 90's, but for long I though TD is just an old synth band with no activity after mid 80's. In the last days of year 2007 I started to study TD and some Googling told me that Force Majeure is one of TD's best albums. I bought it and it blew me away. Next I bought Tangram and my mind was blown again. This was mid January 2008 and I had become a fan. During the next 3 years I bought 90 TD albums. :D My best friend thought what I was doing was lunatic. All my hyping made him bought 2 or 3 TD albums.

My life is not entirely sad. Well, I kind of hate my job, but otherwise my life is ok. Thanks for the friendly support ant!
TDludo wrote:Interesting discussion...

I think 71db isn't wrong, when he's saying that a vast majority of people "couldn't care less" about TD, and it's obviously depressing for us. But now we know this project can really see the light of day ! This will be an opportunity to show people the reality of TD and their influence. Once the movie is finished, we can show it to many people who don't know them.
The situation has changed dramatically within the last few hours! It was only 52.000 € and when I come back home it's almost 65.000 € now! Wow! So many (50 or so) new backers!
fgourlot

Post by fgourlot »

Message from Tangerine Dream :

"Dear TD fans and supporters,

The funding goal is within reach! Just 4.800 € are missing. Let's lead this project to success!

Tell everyone you know that the Tangerine Dream Documentary needs just a little push to cross the finish line. Only 3 hours remain. We came so far, we can't fail now!

We like to thank all of you for your efforts, but let's go for it one last time!!!"

We need you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
François from Paris
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

It's a thriller ! Still 4300 € to give in 3 hours and 30 minutes... Come on, TD fans !
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

TDludo wrote:Interesting discussion...

I think 71db isn't wrong, when he's saying that a vast majority of people "couldn't care less" about TD, and it's obviously depressing for us. But now we know this project can really see the light of day ! This will be an opportunity to show people the reality of TD and their influence. Once the movie is finished, we can show it to many people who don't know them.

Same thing about Edgar's book : it will be a precious item to talk about. So let's try to be optimistic... :wink:
And the saddest thing is that once this project is completed and the DVD is released, there will still be the vast majority of people who still couldn't care less about TD

This project is for us that DO care and would like to see te full story told.

Along the way there may be some people who are 'converted' to TD fans, but mainly no.

Not long left of the Kickstarter campaign....the target is in sight !!
There are now 752 backers and we have a total of almost 67,000 EURO :)

Where are all the TD fans ?? 752 is not a big number, worldwide :(
ant

Post by ant »

:D 2369 euros to go with 763 backers. I assume the person who is going to match the pledges since Sunday will put this well over the goal. Well done everyone who has backed, no matter the amount as it will make it happen. :D
Biggus Dickus
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

ant wrote::D 2369 euros to go with 763 backers. I assume the person who is going to match the pledges since Sunday will put this well over the goal. Well done everyone who has backed, no matter the amount as it will make it happen. :D
Yes, but it would be so cool to reach the 70 000 goal before midnight... That's suspense ! :)
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

And now it seems that it's... done ! :D
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

TDludo wrote:And now it seems that it's... done ! :D
Yesss!

Mission: Accomplished ;)
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

Unbelievable!
70.000 euros 35 minutes before the end! Congratulations to the TAG/TRAUM team!
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

This is amazing news! Thanks to the 779 backers, and especially the anonymous donor!
Still, where were all the other fans that usually go to the concerts around the world?
Well, the film will be made, and I am happy to contribute. :-)
fgourlot

Post by fgourlot »

Dear All,

We have a thought for Edgar, Bianca, all the musicians, all the TD team , TAD/TRAUM Team

Just to tell you that we love you all and we are proud to be fans of Tangerine Dream .

We are proud and exited by the TD Documentary
François from Paris
ant

Post by ant »

:D :D :D :D ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!! THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO HAS PLEDGED TO MAKE THIS WONDERFUL PROJECT HAPPEN. I AM OVER THE MOON WITH HAPPINESS. THE DREAM WILL LIVE FOREVER. :D :D :D :D
Biggus Dickus
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

ant wrote::D :D :D :D ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!! THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO HAS PLEDGED TO MAKE THIS WONDERFUL PROJECT HAPPEN. I AM OVER THE MOON WITH HAPPINESS. THE DREAM WILL LIVE FOREVER. :D :D :D :D

It is absolutely fantastic news !

Let's hope the producers do justice to Edgar's career and memory.

Someone once said.. vigil !!