The Clamshell - Reims/Mannheim

sorcerer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

The Clamshell - Reims/Mannheim

Post by sorcerer »

Not long till this is released and nothing on here about it. Any thoughts from anyone ?

Ricochet era TD , absolutely fantastic. This could be seriously good, hope so......

A 4 CD CLAMSHELL BOXED SET FEATURING OFFICIAL BOOTLEGS OF TWO CLASSIC TANGERINE DREAM CONCERTS FROM REIMS CATHEDRAL AND THE MOZARTHALLE, MANNHEIM
THE FIRST SET IN AN OFFICIAL BOOTLEG SERIES APPROVED BY TANGERINE DREAM
INCLUDES ILLUSTRATED BOOKLET WITH NEW ESSAY
ant

Re: The Clamshell - Reims/Mannheim

Post by ant »

:) Not heard anymore about it other than what you have described above Sorcerer but I have ordered it anyway!! It is TD after all and it needs to be in my collection :roll:
Biggus Dickus
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Any feed back available from anyone on this release yet ? Overall package, the sound/music/essay.

Fancying it massively but have a lot of other music on the go also.
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

ordered it today... from what I have read in Facebook discussions, the verdict so far is overwhelmingly positive..
paid a Little under 35 Euro, still quite a steep Price, but well...
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

One of these was the first bootleg I ever saw by TD in Southern California, and if I had the money at the time, I would have bought it.

It was either the LA Times, or Melody Maker that mentioned this concert in a review ... that was quite complimentary.
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

How many errors are there with the packaging? Incorrect song titles, wrong band members listed or misspelled, mastering mistakes, etc. Wouldn't be a proper TD official bootleg release without a ton of errors!
ant

Post by ant »

:) Have just got my copy and it looks like a nice box set. Won't be any track titles wrong as they are just called Reims Set 1 and Reims Set 2 etc. Done with the help of Bianca and Eastgate and a nice few words at end of booklet notes saying "Dedicated to the memory of Edgar Froese - A fine and much missed musician". Could not have put it better myself. Hopefully will get a chance to listen to some of it this coming weekend. :)
Biggus Dickus
Whoopysnorp

Post by Whoopysnorp »

Mannheim 76 sounds better than ever, but all thanks has to go to Jerzy K.'s brilliant remastering of the master tape which had just a bit above average sound quality when we first used it for the "Tangerine Tree" series, I couldn't quite believe how good it sounded when he sent me back his version on cd-r. Back then the tape hadn't been in circulation and musically it stands as one of the best TD live recordings of 1976. Next on their release schedule is Paris 1978 and East Berlin 1980, which is a no-brainer.

Heiko
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

Really enjoying this box set and very happy about the sound Quality as well. Looking Forward to many more entries in the series (albeit a more mdoerate Price tag would be appreciated.. ;)
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

Details on volume 2 available - release 29th January 2016:
https://www.spincds.com/odessey-and-ora ... -2cd-47594

Looking very much Forward to These!
To get myself a bit in the Steve Joliffe-mood, Ive been listening to Steamhammers "Mark II" Album recently - well worth checking out!