aged fanboys whining about the new album

TheXFactor
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

aged fanboys whining about the new album

Post by TheXFactor »

posted by Hermes Guzman on Jerome's Facebook page:

"As I said over on another FB page: There may be a band that uses the words "Tangerine" and "Dream" as their name, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm solidly with Jerome on this: Tangerine Dream died with Edgar. In my opinion (note well that word...) anything recorded or performed after Jan. 21, 2015 is tribute at best, aggrandizing ego-stroking at worst. With respect, all of the surviving members of the band have well regarded solo careers that they should return to."

Says the guy who CLONED Tangerine Dream with his own (ahem) "solo albums" and also felt the need to RENAME certain Tangerine Dream compositions (i.e. 'Logos Part B' becoming 'Descent Into Madness') because it was your "impressions" of the music. Speaking of "aggrandizing ego-stroking"...

Complain about the sound quality of any 34 year old soundtracks lately? :roll: Or make someone else's death all about yourself by posting wordy "tributes" all over the internet such as "I remember when I first heard their ~~**SEMINAL MASTERPIECE**~~" (because you apparently have the final say in such things) or "...you belong to the ~~**AGES**~~ now...".

Painful. Just painful, it is, to read anything you write. Guess you'll have to live in the past when you need to hear "the main score to your life"...
ant

Re: aged fanboys whining about the new album

Post by ant »

:) Peter met with Edgar in 2014 and was going to be with him for the Quantum Years, so why not complete this episode of TD that Edgar wanted to do? I, personally, am very glad Peter, along with Thorsten, Ulrich and Hoshiko are doing so and am very much looking forward to the new album and hopefully seeing them live in 2016. Jerome is, of course, entitled to his opinion, but I don't agree with him and to be honest, was a bit disappointed with his reaction after his father passed. Jerome had not been a part of TD for several years and I therefore don't think he has any say in what TD do in the next couple of years. Yes, I loved and admired Edgar and his work and will miss him in the things to come greatly, but I will also be very pleased that his final phase of TD will be completed. That of course is my opinion!! :roll:
Biggus Dickus
Jon

Post by Jon »

I don't think Hermes Guzman reads this forum... :!:
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

To be truthful he is right, however, it could be said that the attitude leaves a lot to be desired.

The issue is, that if there is plenty of material that was recorded and in various stages of sketching, that was not used, and some of the folks will now battle it out to see what they can do with these small bits and pieces.

In this day and age of computers and recording, that Edgar may have left over 1,000 hours of material laying about, would not be a secret to anyone, and no big deal ... but will something be found that can be used and interpreted or not, is forever to be seen.

And that this can not be done is sad ... and disrespectful. There are many composers that had their material found years later, and I suppose that we're gonna sit here and say that anything that was found was garbage, compared to the rest of that person's work, and that is not necessarily true.

Will it be as good or better? ... I'm not sure it matters. I would rather see the material, and at least, hopefully, this will not become the stupid and ugly soap opera run by the Zappa family that has no idea what to release or show, and they have more in their vaults that they are "afraid" to show people. Like it really matters, and instead ... Frank will continue to be a guitar hero, and no one still understands why Europeans love his compositions and Americans don't care.

I sincerely hope that Edgar gets a better fate.

As for Jerome ... in 15 years time, he will be in charge of the whole TD thing ... I think that by that time, he will come around and not be silly and ignore it, and not try to kill it, since it will be serious income compared to his own work!
Network23

Post by Network23 »

Hipgnosis wrote:As for Jerome ... in 15 years time, he will be in charge of the whole TD thing ... I think that by that time, he will come around and not be silly and ignore it, and not try to kill it, since it will be serious income compared to his own work!
:) Perhaps J has already set the wheels in motion where his legacy is concerned:

https://jeromefroese.bandcamp.com/album ... mp-edition

I have to say I find the notes for each track rather interesting. In hindsight, we know J was given an unprecedented amount of creative control during his time in the band. He seems to go out of his way to inform the fan base how much of the music he was responsible for. Or maybe I'm completely off by a country mile. 8)

Still, his decision to release an album that draws on his early professional career sans the words "Tangerine Dream" on the cover won't go unnoticed. Edgar literally has no presence here, per the track notes.
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

Jon wrote:I don't think Hermes Guzman reads this forum... :!:

He does (as "goozer").