New Farewell Tour CD & Blu Ray

Cyclone
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: New Farewell Tour CD & Blu Ray

Post by Cyclone »

ant wrote:... each track was separated by audience clapping etc. ...
But the CDs are just that, as the concerts were: no bridges this time.
paul wood

Post by paul wood »

On the night, the lack of bridging music at the Shepherd's Bush Empire gig was something I was quite disappointed by. These links have been part & parcel of the TD live experience for so long that it felt odd to have a break between each track. Jarre has always done this, but not the mighty TD. After all this time, such a change in style didn't make sense. It was only after the announcement of the 3 CD set that the penny dropped. Indeed, I was instantly reminded of Kraftwerk's excellent 'Minimum - Maximum' release from several years ago, which used the same basic idea.

I'm sure the bridging style will be back....
ant

Post by ant »

:) Well, if it was like that on the night I obviously didn't notice it. I must have been so 'involved' in the gig that it didn't register. I thought it was like that on a few tracks but not throughout the entire gig. Just goes to show I must have been enjoying it so much as to not notice it. I certainly did on the cd's though and that is why it stood out for me. Prefer them all together though. I will play it all again soon and see if my opinion changes at all. :)
Biggus Dickus
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

My cd and booklet arrived.

Superb quality. Music and booklet.

Thats superb quality :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
ant

Post by ant »

:) I see that Amazon now have this for sale (although currently not in stock) for £36.50. I assume this will be without the booklet??
Can't actually tell as there is no information about it on their website yet. Seems a bit pricey, especially if it is without the booklet and of course unless you have their Prime account there will be postage on top of that too!! :)
Biggus Dickus
ant

Post by ant »

:) Now £27.72 plus £1.26 postage on Amazon, so a little better. However, I don't know if it comes with the lovely large booklet. Still no sign of the blu ray & dvd release though, which is a shame. :(
Biggus Dickus
fgourlot

Post by fgourlot »

Tangerine Dream has confirmed yesterday in his newsletter that the blu ray will be realised !!! :D
François from Paris
ant

Post by ant »

:D Yes I saw that, excellent news indeed. Being the last concert I saw Edgar at, this will definitely be one to cherish but not only that, it was agreat gig which ended with me shaking the hand of the great man after the show - something I will never forget. It is great to hear that Thorsten, Ulrich and Hoshiko are going to continue with Edgars plans for the final Quantum Years and I look forward to these releases very much. It is also good news that the TDOC will continue an I will be renewing my membership next month. The legacy of Mr Froese will continue. So pleased!! :D
Biggus Dickus
ant

Post by ant »

:D O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire gig from May 2014 now available to pre-order on DVD in the shop for shipping on 15th July. Also new compilation CD put together by Bianca with one new previously unreleased track will be released at the same time. Blu Ray release of the Shepherd's Bush concert has been postponed indefinitely. I understand there will be a newsletter about these very soon. :)
Biggus Dickus
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

ant wrote::D O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire gig from May 2014 now available to pre-order on DVD in the shop for shipping on 15th July. Also new compilation CD put together by Bianca with one new previously unreleased track will be released at the same time. Blu Ray release of the Shepherd's Bush concert has been postponed indefinitely. I understand there will be a newsletter about these very soon. :)
Wonderful! Both new items ordered. Great list of tracks to honour Edgar on the new compilation. And even a previously unreleased track. Will be nice to play this later in the summer.
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Both items ordered ! The compilation is a nice idea... :)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
La force du courage
Location: Herblay (about 25 km northwest of Lutèce, capital of France)

Post by La force du courage »

TDludo wrote:Both items ordered ! The compilation is a nice idea... :)
I agree totally to your opinion, TDludo. And I also ordered the new items! :)
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

La force du courage wrote:I agree totally to your opinion, TDludo. And I also ordered the new items! :)
Yes... but my priority will be to watch the DVD ! :wink:
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
ant

Post by ant »

:) Only 26 days 'til shipping commences!! - Not that I am counting at all :lol:
Biggus Dickus
ant

Post by ant »

:D Still counting - now only 7 days until shipping commences!! Really looking forward to watching this concert again. Shame no Blu Ray but DVD will do. :D
Biggus Dickus