THIEF on the Criterion Collection

Laserdisc Dream
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

THIEF on the Criterion Collection

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Thief is on the criterion collection. :shock:
I had ready to pre-order on blu-ray. :D :wink:

http://www.criterion.com/films/28024-thief

:!: :arrow:
har

Re: THIEF on the Criterion Collection

Post by har »

Nice one.

Hope we get this on blue ray in the UK. Be interesting to hear what the sound quality is like.

Next up.............SORCERER...........on blue ray................................HOPEFULLY :!:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

har wrote:Nice one.

Hope we get this on blue ray in the UK. Be interesting to hear what the sound quality is like.

Next up.............SORCERER...........on blue ray................................HOPEFULLY :!:
I have theif on doovee doo but aye Har would love Sorceror...never had a chance to see that...thought Theif was pish though except for the soundtrack. :shock:
har

Post by har »

sparrow wrote:
har wrote:Nice one.

I have theif on doovee doo but aye Har would love Sorceror...never had a chance to see that...thought Theif was pish though except for the soundtrack. :shock:
I bought Thief on DVD a wee while back, very dated and yes a wee bit pishy :mrgreen: however still enjoyed it, although the music helped. Interesting to see how the music I knew so well fitted into the film.

I mind seeing Sorcerer on steam driven UK tele in the late seventies. I must have been about 14, was slightly aware of TD and hearing their music whilst watching what was quite a tense, dark film (from memory !) was quite something at the time. A formative TD moment for moi 8) .

Seriously hoping it gets a release so I can finally see it again before I pop ma cloggs :wink: preferably in full digital surround sound :shock: :D
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

Director William Friedkin will release a newly remastered "Sorcerer" on Blu-Ray on April 14, 2014. It will not be a Criterion Collection edition, but he promises it will feature a commentary and other extras. Hope he has lots to say about TD's phenomenal contribution to the movie, which I saw in a theater on my 20th birthday, July 20, 1977.
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
Ravnnet

Post by Ravnnet »

It looks like William Friedkin is in Copenhagen April 2014 and it is part of the reason that Tangerine Dream will perform the whole complete Sorcerer. in Copenhaen April 3.

Here is a article in danish about it - you might want to use Google Translate on that one :lol:
http://www.cphpix.dk/p/news.lasso?n=47&news_id=702

Cheers...
24db

Post by 24db »

...and still no comment about what Johannes had to say? come on he must have said something interesting!
Schmoelling in wonderland

Post by Schmoelling in wonderland »

I just rent the DVD of Thief (Criterion) and the Johannes Schmoelling interview is a MUST see !

I was sure it will be just a 4 or 5 minutes interview but he goes in a deep analyst and he remember alot of things. The interview is about 10 minutes approx. He also made, at the same time, a little historical of TD by when he came in the band in 1979. Very happy to have that kind of interview in a "professionnal" recording. The next interesting interview will be the DVD about the making of The Keep that include Schmoelling and Froese interviews.