Booster VII - the final Booster...

redziller
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Booster VII - the final Booster...

Post by redziller »

Luenchen wrote:I received today the new Album´s Booster VII und supernormal with the booklet. Now I´m lisening with tears in my eyes and thinking of Edgar :cry: :cry:
It's very poignant now - heavy heart!
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
dream-fan

Post by dream-fan »

Listening to the new Track "Heart Throb" by Froese/Schnauss is very sad, as this title shows what a great collaboration this could have been. TD sounded never so fresh to me the last years.
Thomas Mc Nulty

Post by Thomas Mc Nulty »

Still nothing here yet. Seems strange that if they were all shipped similtaneously on the 5 Feb that they all haven't arrived yet.
ant

Post by ant »

:D Received mine today. I think shipping started on Monday 9th Feb so if you haven't got them yet it should not be long now. :D
Biggus Dickus
Thomas Mc Nulty

ant wrote::D Received mine today. I think shipping started on Monday 9th Feb so if you haven't got them yet it should not be long now. :D
Thanks for that update Ant! Usually when they start arriving in England, mine usually comes the next day or so. I've never seen the words Patient Tangerine Dream Fan together yet!
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

My opinion about Booster VII : superb, with a great diversity and some surprises ! 8) 8)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
ant

Post by ant »

:) Enjoyed Booster VII very much but was it my imagination or was there a passage of music from the Schmoelling days that was on two tracks?? I am convinced there was so I will have to go through them again soon. Maybe it was just my mind playing tricks on me but I know I sat there thinking, I am sure that piece of music was on CD1. Also, I notice that there was a track (The Light Cone) included that in fact was from one of Edgar's solo albums (Pinnacles) and not a TD album. I also thought there were two new tracks composed by Ulrich & Edgar but one of them is actually from Mala Kunia. Other than that, a very nice release. :D
Biggus Dickus
RAYMAN1970

Post by RAYMAN1970 »

The track "Morning Sun" sounds like something very similar from "The Park Is Mine", if not a "reworked" song from that soundtrack.

If that is the case, then there is definately some Schmoelling work in there!

"The Light Cone 2015", although an Edgar track, made me smile.

The memories. They are so bittersweet. :?
Thomas Mc Nulty

Got mine today. Probably be the weekend before it all settles in.
Raphalge

Post by Raphalge »

was it my imagination or was there a passage of music from the Schmoelling days that was on two tracks?? I am convinced there was so I will have to go through them again soon. Maybe it was just my mind playing tricks on me but I know I sat there thinking, I am sure that piece of music was on CD1
Indeed it is! I thought there was a pressing mistake to start with, but the second tracks on both discs are actually a teeny tiny bit different. Both track 2 on CD1 - Industrial Life - and track 2 on CD2 - Polar Radius - are built around "Victory" from The Park is Mine. According to Voices in the Net the soundtrack is not a TD-approved release, so it's odd this track should show up twice like that, embedded but nonetheless quite distinct.

In fact, on listening specifically again, I can hear very little difference between these two tracks. One is slightly longer, but it seems to be the same composition. Has there been a bit of a mix-up somewhere? One track is from Kyoto, according to VitN. The other is labeled as new but has a similar title to Polar Circles from DM5 (remixed from Running out of Time from Miracle Mile). I'm not familiar with that track - can anyone confirm whether or not it is similar to the Kyoto track?

(Where would I be without Voices in the Net?)
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Raphalge wrote:Both track 2 on CD1 - Industrial Life - and track 2 on CD2 - Polar Radius - are built around "Victory" from The Park is Mine.

What track is this? I can't see Victory on The Park Is Mine. To me it seems just like two slightly different versions of the Kyoto track.
Raphalge wrote:The other is labeled as new but has a similar title to Polar Circles from DM5 (remixed from Running out of Time from Miracle Mile). I'm not familiar with that track - can anyone confirm whether or not it is similar to the Kyoto track
No similarities between these.
Raphalge

Post by Raphalge »

I can't see Victory on The Park Is Mine
OK. Have to confess, I don't have that soundtrack album. What I have is a CD called "Dream Music - the movie music of Tangerine Dream" on the Silva label. Track one is called "Victory" and it is claimed to be from The Park is Mine, so I assumed this was correct.

Anyway, that track, wherever it's really from, is absolutely the source material for the latter parts of both Industrial Life and Polar Radius on Booster VII. And the more I listen, the more it seems those two are the same composition, just fading out at different points.

Aha. A little digging on YouTube reveals the actual name of the source track is "Finale/End Credits" and it is indeed on The Park is Mine.

I like the title "Victory" better :)
ant

Post by ant »

:) Thanks guys for that. I didn't think I was going mad. I wonder if one was meant to be something else and somehow the same track has ended up on there twice?? Strange. Maybe EB or someone else can tell us if this was deliberate or a pressing error. :?
Biggus Dickus
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

ant wrote::) Thanks guys for that. I didn't think I was going mad. I wonder if one was meant to be something else and somehow the same track has ended up on there twice?? Strange. Maybe EB or someone else can tell us if this was deliberate or a pressing error. :?

Wouldn't be the first time it has happened, probably won't be the last ;)
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Just had a closer listen to Industrial Life and Polar Radius. I think I hear small differences, but it's very hard to remember details from the first track while listening to the next. Is it different mixes? What do you think?
And what is a polar radius? The poles are just pinpoints, and can't have much radius. And these tracks don't have much differences. :wink: