Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:01 pm
Posts: 52
Hi Friends,

I would like to have more information on this soundtrack.

Usual compilation, new songs,........old unreleased material,...... is there any person who can send more information?

All the best & Thank you


http://www.ebay.it/itm/METROPOLIS-Tange ... 41900e6d7c


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 10:40 am
Posts: 3100
Location: In my private cryo space lounge, Oslo, Norway
Doubt this is official. IMDB says it's a sci-fi movie form 1927. They also lists some songs (not TD, and strangely from 1984):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0017136/sou ... tt_trv_snd

Well, I don't understand this. Maybe someone know, but I would not buy this as an official TD release. No info on this on the Voices in the Net website either.

_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/Insvims


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:22 pm
Posts: 258
Location: Freiburg, Germany
Insvims wrote:
Doubt this is official. IMDB says it's a sci-fi movie form 1927. They also lists some songs (not TD, and strangely from 1984):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0017136/sou ... tt_trv_snd

Well, I don't understand this. Maybe someone know, but I would not buy this as an official TD release. No info on this on the Voices in the Net website either.


"sci-fi movie from 1927"? thats like saying "citizen kane is the Story of this newspaper dude"... ;)

Metropolis is one of the most important and groundbreaking movies of all time, inspiring countless others for decades such als Bladerunner etc...

Giorgio Moroder produced a Disco Soundtrack to a colourized version in the 1980s, which was highly controversial but I Kind of liked it (the Music, certainly not the colour)

never heard of a Version by TD "inspired by the movie" - but there is one from PPM:


http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/metropolis_poetry.htm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Nothing more than another bootleg,which uses the TD name,to sell. :oops: :arrow:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:26 pm
Posts: 56
Location: New Orleans, LA USA
I saw this yesterday on eBay and immediately dismissed it.

It's a shame that those who are not "in the know" with TDs body of work could fall for a scam like this.

It angers me and I wish I could do something about it.

:evil:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 1:42 pm
Posts: 28
Location: Braunschweig, Germany
On the second photo you can see, that this is again a release by "Orange records" who already released the very doubtful "Soldier"-OST. So I think, the music on this CD might be from Tangerine Dream, but again just some kind of compilation from other material.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:44 pm
Posts: 50
Those Orange Records boots are amusing. Isn't that the same cover art used for the Metropolis rock soundtrack that featured a couple tracks by Giorgio Moroder?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:54 pm
Posts: 1670
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
I wonder what kind of music is on this release.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:28 pm
Posts: 2279
Network23 wrote:
Those Orange Records boots are amusing. Isn't that the same cover art used for the Metropolis rock soundtrack that featured a couple tracks by Giorgio Moroder?



It's sort of similar, but then ANYTHING to do with Metropolis will look similar...

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 10:40 am
Posts: 3100
Location: In my private cryo space lounge, Oslo, Norway
multivit72 wrote:
"sci-fi movie from 1927"? thats like saying "citizen kane is the Story of this newspaper dude"... ;)

Metropolis is one of the most important and groundbreaking movies of all time, inspiring countless others for decades such als Bladerunner etc...

Giorgio Moroder produced a Disco Soundtrack to a colourized version in the 1980s, which was highly controversial but I Kind of liked it (the Music, certainly not the colour)

never heard of a Version by TD "inspired by the movie" - but there is one from PPM:


http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/metropolis_poetry.htm

I see. I'm not much into movies, so I had never heard about it. Just found out it was a very old movie, so I could not understand the 1984 soundtrack. You provided the answer to that. :-)
I have Metropolis Poetry, but actually I did not know what this Fritz Lang movie mentioned on the cover was.
Regarding this so called TD soundtrack; the track titles are not any TD titles I know. I tried search for a couple of them on Voices in the Net. So I too wonder what music is on this.

_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/Insvims


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:44 pm
Posts: 50
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Network23 wrote:
Isn't that the same cover art used for the Metropolis rock soundtrack that featured a couple tracks by Giorgio Moroder?



It's sort of similar, but then ANYTHING to do with Metropolis will look similar...


I compared them and they used art from elsewhere for the front cover, but the back cover art is indeed a swipe from the '84 Metropolis LP. http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=1132886


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:28 pm
Posts: 2279
Network23 wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Network23 wrote:
Isn't that the same cover art used for the Metropolis rock soundtrack that featured a couple tracks by Giorgio Moroder?



It's sort of similar, but then ANYTHING to do with Metropolis will look similar...


I compared them and they used art from elsewhere for the front cover, but the back cover art is indeed a swipe from the '84 Metropolis LP. http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=1132886


..and that is taken from the poster advertising the film...

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:28 pm
Posts: 2279
...And I too wonder what music has been used.

Obviously the titles have no connection to any proper TD track.

I suspect some of the tracks MAY be from Dead Solid Perfect/Three O'clock High, simply because of
the short durations.

I may be totally wrong of course.

I'll have to see into this.. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:28 pm
Posts: 288
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
The track times on that CD cover add up to nearly 90 minutes of music, but the ebay listing doesn't say anything about it being 2 discs. The possibility of it being actually PPM's Metropolis Poetry does seem to be the most likely, but whoever made it must have padded it out with additional music from other sources.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:54 am
Posts: 7393
Location: Scotland
The last boot The Soldiier was one disc and strangley ran at just under 90 minutes. Older players will struggle to play this and I thought any more than 81 minutes would be impossible. I have a leonard Cohen boot that also runs just under 90 minutes on one disc. Plays fine too.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage