New Farewell Tour CD & Blu Ray

ant
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: New Farewell Tour CD & Blu Ray

Post by ant »

:) It is Ulrich Schnauss - See EB's message in the 'Performances' section. :)
Biggus Dickus
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Well I was looking forward to the quantum years, however this is astonishingly superb !!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

Just bought two Ulrich S albums for revision. Am I missing something? Maybe they need to grow on me.
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Loud thump in the hallway in the area of the front door :D

Triple live Tangerine Dream and a double Steve Roach.

What a fantastic booklet !! Music will be on tonight.....all night 8)
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

Getting better! :)
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

GlynRichards wrote:Just bought two Ulrich S albums for revision. Am I missing something? Maybe they need to grow on me.
I have a feeling that Mr. Schnauss will experience a sudden increase in the sale of his albums this autumn. :wink: :P
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Disc one fantastisch.

Highlights;

Sorcerer Theme.........oh yes 8) 8) 8), Sleeping Watches, Horizon. Sound quality excellent. Feeling a wee bit emotional listening and looking through that wonderful booklet. Great photos.
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Finally get the triple CD and booklet today...

Booklet : superb photos, many pages, interesting Edgar's words at the end... great ! 8) 8)
Just listening to the first CD... well, great too ! Now is "Hermaphrodite"... 8) 8)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
ant

Post by ant »

:D TD night tonight. Look forward to hearing these 3cds and judging by other comments the sound quality appears to be very good too. Shall be flicking through the booklet whilst listening and downing a few beers. Will probably bring a little lump to the throat knowing that we will not be seeing Linda and Iris as part of the band anymore. Still, they were good times and I will remember them fondly and hope that they will have some nice records and concerts of their own to hear and see in the future. :) :(
Biggus Dickus
exit81

Post by exit81 »

I think you'll find they played 4 shows there in 1982.

" In their first Australian performance since 1975, legendary German electronic music pioneers, Tangerine Dream, will perform on Melbourne Town Hall’s Grand Organ, Sunday 16 November."
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Disc 2 very good although preferred Disc 1. Highlights on first listen - Logos and Grind.

Found the bass on Trauma just a wee bit overpowering on bits of the quieter introduction and end section. It's fine though.

Disc 3 just on now, Phaedra 2014 ie the track from possibly the greatest ever TD album :wink:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

GlynRichards wrote:Just bought two Ulrich S albums for revision. Am I missing something? Maybe they need to grow on me.
Ditto. But looking forward to him working with EF & TQ (and HY of course)
tangram4ever

Post by tangram4ever »

Very much looking forward to the cooperation with Ulrich Schnauss - what fantastic news from Edgar to get Ulrich on board!
He's a great musician and very nice chap.
"Should we receive the Grammy one day I already have reserved a place in my bathroom toilet. Before then I subsitute the place with a wonderful Donald Duck replica." Quote from EDGAR FROESE in KULTURNEWS on 11th April 2014.:-)))
ant

Post by ant »

:) Played all 3 cds on Friday night and feelings are a bit mixed. Enjoyed CD1 and 2 but felt the fact that each track was separated by audience clapping etc. slightly ruined it. I really do prefer their concert tracks to roll into each other as they do on the night. Suppose it is because they are from different shows but it just felt odd to me. Just me I suppose. As for the third disc, I found the sound on a couple of the tracks very strange and I really did not like the Berlin Summer Nights version. That is one of my favourite tracks which was played at the end of my mothers funeral, as she was a TD fan, and this version seems to have lost all of the emotion of the original. So to me overall this is not one of my favourite live releases and I would probably give it 6/10. As I say, it may just be me. I will give it another listen sometime and see if I change my mind. The booklet is fantastic though and I do give that 10/10. :D
Biggus Dickus
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

I actually quite like the audience reaction, really sounds like a live album this one, which it is, and its great.

Disc 1 is definitely my favourite, excellent. I also have to say like the Berlin Summer Night version.

All three discs getting a spin today.

8/10, possibly rising.