Sorcerer 2014

Sfearical Sequence
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Sorcerer 2014

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

I'm in love with this recording. The reworkings are some of the best they've done, and the "new" material is a pleasure. I love how "In the Mist of Night" incorporates elements of "Main Title" since that track wasn't made part of the reworkings. I have a hard time believing, however, that "Servant of Misery" was ever intended for the original film score.
Donofrio_TD

Post by Donofrio_TD »

CD 1 is surprisingly pretty good with the reworkings. I'm usually not so fond on reworkings, but in this case they're bearable. I still prefer the original, of course, although I've got to admit that this one has really nice digital touches and notes to die for, like on "The Mountain Road", one of my favorite tracks, even better here.

CD 2. I have no doubt that this is also pretty good material, but it sounds to me like almost everything they've released post Atomic Seasons era. Nice hints here and there but most of the time it sounds like more of the same to me. Also, that constant trance/techno/even disco beat is tiring sometimes, and frankly it gets a bit old and boring as time passes along. A shame because most of the tracks here start out pretty good, but almost nothing changes as they find themselves approaching their end. It seems like Edgar sometimes doesn't know where to go with this sort of rhythm lately, because he's practically done everything with it. My favorite track from this CD: "Servant Of Misery". Dark. Calm. Compelling. Melancholic. "Crash At Down" was a close one, but it just has something that doesn't quite... click.

All in all, not a bad release. But, for a double album, it's mediocre again, and I won't be coming back to it so often. The times when TD made something that truly sticked with you, in your mind, in your soul, in your mere ways of life and in your bones, are long gone.

What's next, "Zeit 2015"? Please don't. :roll: :P

Just my opinion, good-bye.
ant

Post by ant »

:) You are of course entitled to your opinion on Sorcerer 2014 but none of what you say about it can I agree with. To me it is one of the best TD releases in a while and I find nothing tiring or repetitive about it and have played it several times and no doubt will play many more times. A superb release IMHO. :D
Biggus Dickus
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

ant wrote::) You are of course entitled to your opinion on Sorcerer 2014 but none of what you say about it can I agree with. To me it is one of the best TD releases in a while and I find nothing tiring or repetitive about it and have played it several times and no doubt will play many more times. A superb release IMHO. :D
Agree! A fantastic double CD release.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Thirded :)
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I don’t really complaint about this album
This is a fantastic album of sorcerer 2014
I really like this version better good style awesome music whatever mood you’re in
The people are long time TD fan don’t like this album or not.
This album I play it so many time I just lost count.
I play the original on LP sound it okay a very good tune
I wish they are planning for this version on vinyl with 180 Gram quality.
This well be so cool to put on Vinyl. 8)

!>
Sfearical Sequence

It's a pity that they put the original version of "Rain Forest" on Booster VI, otherwise, they might have done a "Rain Forest 2015" for Booster VII to add to the Sorcerer reworkings. Maybe on the next compilation, whatever that might happen to be . . .
Luenchen

Post by Luenchen »

The France / German TV-Station "ARTE" show the Movie with the German Title "Atemlos vor Angst" 5. Feb. 2015 / 0:40 o´Clock (UTC+1).
Rest in pease Edgar, enjoy the universe!
rigel

Post by rigel »

An interesting, very recent interview with William Friedkin here, in case anyone missed it:

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/william-fri ... -interview
Sfearical Sequence

rigel wrote:An interesting, very recent interview with William Friedkin here, in case anyone missed it:

That is a fascinating interview. Thanks for posting the link. It has me wondering about some things:
1) Does an audience tape of that Black Forest concert in 1974 exist?
2) Friedkin used to refer to "90 minutes of musical impressions" that were sent to him, but in this interview he says "What I did was basically cherry pick from several hours of tracks that they recorded." I'll chalk that one up to memory creep since it's been 40 years.
3) He still has the original tapes!!! :shock:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Sfearical Sequence wrote:
rigel wrote:An interesting, very recent interview with William Friedkin here, in case anyone missed it:

That is a fascinating interview. Thanks for posting the link. It has me wondering about some things:
1) Does an audience tape of that Black Forest concert in 1974 exist?
2) Friedkin used to refer to "90 minutes of musical impressions" that were sent to him, but in this interview he says "What I did was basically cherry pick from several hours of tracks that they recorded." I'll chalk that one up to memory creep since it's been 40 years.
3) He still has the original tapes!!! :shock:
He also says: "I would love to have had that score as an extra on the US Blu-Ray. Perhaps we can get that done with the European version."

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Come on Bill :!: :!: