Are Tangerine Dream to stop touring?

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Are Tangerine Dream to stop touring?

Post by Chris Monk »

There's an interview wit Edgar Froese in the latest edition of Progression magazine. The magazine says about the interview:

Tangerine Dream (cover story) — in-depth interview with founder Edgar Froese, including reflections on the band’s past, present and plans to end its touring career.

Are TD considering stopping touring?

If so, I for one would be very sad but would fully understand. I would certainly miss the best live band I've ever seen.

Any officcial comments from TD?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
epsilon75

Re: Are Tangerine Dream to stop touring?

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:There's an interview wit Edgar Froese in the latest edition of Progression magazine. The magazine says about the interview:

Tangerine Dream (cover story) — in-depth interview with founder Edgar Froese, including reflections on the band’s past, present and plans to end its touring career.

If so, I for one would be very sad but would fully understand. I would certainly miss the best live band I've ever seen.

(comment removed) .........
Last edited by epsilon75 on Thu May 16, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
tdream4ever

Re: Are Tangerine Dream to stop touring?

Post by tdream4ever »

epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:There's an interview wit Edgar Froese in the latest edition of Progression magazine. The magazine says about the interview:

I have been told some news,but I was told in confidence,and will not put that on here. I am sure there are a lot of fans that would like to know what the situation is,but whatever decision is made,I fully understand and respect it 100%. Maybe EB will make a statement when they feel the time is right.
I feel when the time is right EB will make statement on TD's situation and future. I hope that we here on this site will be one of the first to be notified as most of us here respect this site. I felt that this would happen. It's just a matter of time. We are all getting older. I will respect any decision made by Mr Froese. He is TD. :wink:
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

If everyone buys a three year TDOC membership they have to continue... right??????
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
ant

Post by ant »

:( That would be very sad indeed. The thought of never seeing TD live again will be hard to take. Is this because of Edgar's recent accident? I thought they were talking of doing the Cruise next year?? I hope we hear something definite soon. :(
Biggus Dickus
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

I would be very sad if I couldn't see TD live one more time (at least)... :(
Let's hope for some gigs next year...
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

TDludo wrote:I would be very sad if I couldn't see TD live one more time (at least)... :(
Would be good to be able to say goodbye in style, rather than them say "that's it - no more concerts"
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
TDludo wrote:I would be very sad if I couldn't see TD live one more time (at least)... :(
Would be good to be able to say goodbye in style, rather than them say "that's it - no more concerts"
Hi Guys,

Please don't worry too much - Edgar will make a statement soon and you can be sure that TD won't disappear without whimper....:-)

Wait for more news here very soon, thx,
regards,
EB (ADMIN)
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Hi Guys,

Please don't worry too much - Edgar will make a statement soon and you can be sure that TD won't disappear without whimper....:-)

regards,
EB (ADMIN)
. That - is music to our ears :D 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
ant

Post by ant »

:) Thanks EB. I was going to say that if TD were to stop it would be nice to have a big 'farewell' gig in London so that we can all give the band a big big night to remember. However, we will see what Edgar has to say.
Either way I hope at least TD will continue to make music and release more CD's even if we never get to hear them live again. But as the saying goes - 'Never Say Never' !! :)
Biggus Dickus
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Hi Guys,

regards,
EB (ADMIN)
We wait patiently for the announcement.

(as patiently as you know TD fans can be. :lol: )
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

*ahem* vigil.
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

GlynRichards wrote:*ahem* vigil.
:D
...The wise.....are silent.....
redziller

Post by redziller »

To be honest I am in a state of denial - but whatever the future we have a fine canon of works to draw on
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I first saw TD back in 1980 and experienced what can only be called a paradigm shift in my feelings towards music. Before the show I was majorly into Heavy Metal but after the show it all became just male posturing and rather bad sexual innuendo.

Since then I've been fortunate to see TD pretty consistently over the intervening decades and they have always surpassed my expectations.

So if TD stop playing live obviously I will be very sad but if anyone deserves a retirement it has to be TD.

Very mixed feelings here.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda