++++ NEW USA CONCERT DATES 2012 ++++

prophetfive
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by prophetfive »

Insvims wrote:A must-read-review of TD live in the US:

http://www.dprp.net/concrev/2012_tangerine_1.php

:-)
:D :D Excellent review by a clued up person 8) 8) 8) :arrow:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Excellent report from Lorraine 8) .. I had a message from her husband yesterday,it summed up in a nutshell his thoughts on Edgar and the band and what it meant to the American fans. There are some great and very lovely people amongst the TD fan base worldwide :)

P/S . David G.maybe it is time for your report :idea: (cen-sored) of course :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Aguilar

The Last Concert

Post by Aguilar »

I have been listening to Tangerine Dream for 25 years, their music has been a most rewarding soundtrack to my emotional landscape. When I learned they were coming to the US I couldn't believe it, I had never seen them live and bought my ticket immediately for the last show of their tour at Saratoga, CA.

The day arrived and I drove from San Francisco to the venue at The Mountain Winery in Saratoga. I arrived an hour earlier, there were a few people already seated so I took my seat and just stared at their gear, thinking of the rich tapestry of feelings their music has produced in me. I looked around to scan the crowd; there were a few lifelong fans with TD shirts on, and since I am the only one in my circle of friends and family who listens to TD it just felt plain good to be amongst them. There was a disabled woman in a motorized wheelchair in the front row, unable to move except for her hand, accompanied by a man who was taking care of her. I don't know why but for some reason it made me very happy to see her there.

Showtime was 7:30PM and I was in the fifth row, pretty close to the front. At about 7:25 they were about 100 people in a theater that seats close to 1700. At exactly 7:30 I saw them walk out, Linda Spa was the first, looking stunning as usual in her black outfit and top hat. I caught a glimpse of her reaction to the sparse crowd and it just broke my heart, seeing the disappointment in her face deeply affected me. They all took their places, and at that moment I wanted to tell them this was all a mistake, a dream they were having the night before the gig. I wanted to say that there were throngs of people making their way thru the winding road and that the gig was indeed sold out. After so many years of being on the receiving end of their creative process I wanted to give something back, something, anything. A man shouted "Thank you for coming back to the States! thank you for being here!" which startled me at first but which Froese acknowledged with a hand gesture.

They started playing, Froese keeping the beat with his feet, and I felt that familiar place in my consciousness rise up, full of hope, meaning and things to be discovered. I was completely immersed in the experience. I felt like I was talking with an old friend, reminiscing about a joyful past and an exciting future of value fulfillment. The venue is a little out of the way and people kept coming in steadily so that eventually the theater was about half full. Hoshiko played a BLISTERING solo with Iris on cajon, the look in her face as she nailed those runs in the violin was priceless. Iris had a smile on her face for the whole show and was clearly enjoying herself, a most rewarding sight. Thorsten kept it cool with his dark glasses which he later took off, always keeping an eye on Edgar for cues and giving some to Hoshiko as well. Bernhard of course was superb during 'Stratosfear'. Linda and Edgar coming to the front to play "The Blue Bridge" together is something I will never forget.

In our little corner of the Universe, in that one moment in space/time we gave them a standing ovation. Froese introduced the band and thanked us all for being there. I felt a personal need to thank them for how much their music and this concert had meant for me but all I could do was clap. I left for the drive up to SF, and as that man said:
"Thank you for coming back, thank you for being here"
You only fail when you don't try.
Justin

Post by Justin »

Great to hear your insight to this part of the US tour.
Look for the sounds of Digital Horizons at http://digitalhorizons.bandcamp.com/ and on iTunes, CDBaby, Amazon Downloads and Reverbnation.
r4man

Post by r4man »

It's true that Saratoga was very far from being full, but I would say that 100 is a very low estimate of the crowd size. I think that 500-600 is probably more accurate. I also think that most people were surprised by the on-time start of the show. Most people expect rock shows to start at least 20 minutes later than the announced start time. The venue has two restaurants and my wife and I had our desert boxed in order to be in our seats at 7:30. Had we not been at the show in LA where it also started right on time we would likely not have rushed our meal to be in our seats at exactly 7:30. The fact that they played the night before in Napa (less than 100 miles away) might have also diluted the crowd size.
har

Post by har »

Thanks for posting your interesting account of the US gig folks. Looking forward also to reading TD4evers adventure.

Great that you all had the chance to see the Dream in concert :)
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Dreamtime Express 2012

Monday, July 9, 2012, it was a slightly humid and mild morning here in Huntington Beach, CA. I woke up and jumped on the computer to find out anything on the current tour of Tangerine Dream. Reviews, photos or videos of their current N. American tour thats finishing up on the east coast. Thinking they should be getting ready to travel to California for their west coast, er I should say California dates. Excited the week has arrived. I will be seeing the Dream one more time this year. One more time? Yes, my Dreamtime Express started back in April.

Well, it actually started earlier in the year with the announcement of Tangerine Dream's 2012 "The Electric Mandarine Tour 2012 with the first stop in Budapest. Budapest! I've been wanting to go visit Budapest for the last 3 years. What an opportunity to see the Dream in Budapest. I jumped on the ticket the day they went on sale and scored front row center tickets to the Bartok Bela National Concert Hall (Hungary's National Concert Hall).
Now that I have tickets I have to start planning my vacation to Budapest. I usually like to visit two countries or cities when I holiday in Europe. I thought about Poland but ended up choosing Vienna, Austria instead. I remember talking to Iris Camaa at the Berlin TD meet and greet back in 2009, she said I should visit the city Vienna. And it was a short 2 hours and 45 minute train ride to Budapest. Fast forward to April 4, 2012. Sitting at the airport in San Francisco, checking Andy Kings facebook site "The Zest" I see the ticket sales for the Los Angeles show is announced. And that they will on sale the following day. Now I'm really excited. We leave out of SFO to Frankfurt then connecting flight to Vienna. We arrive in Vienna on Thursday afternoon. Check into our hotel and later that evening I went on my iPad and purchased ticket for the July 12 concert at the Club Nokia in Los Angeles. We have 3 nights in Vienna. Our last night in Vienna, we head back to our hotel after dinner in the city, I'm on my iPad searching the TD forum for any news, info, etc. I'm on Iris Camaa's website and I come across her tour schedule and I see she's playing in Vienna that night! It shows her as a guest at the Planters Club.

I quickly search the club and find out its 6 tram stops from the hotel. I figured I'd take a chance and head over thinking it's probably to late. Threw on my Edgar Froese t-shirt I headed for the tram stop. It took me awhile after getting off the tram to find this place. Streets are dark and very hard to find the address. After asking people on the streets I find the club. It's on a street that is blocked off for construction. But I walk inside and its a dark smoke filled club. 20 minutes later the jazz band takes stage and two songs later announces Iris as the special guest. Iris is singing the entire set. Unbelievable! I thought this was a dream. Never thought I'd be sitting inside a jazz bar in Vienna watching Iris belt out song after song. She notices me with my Edgar shirt sitting at the bar having a Guinness beer. This bar specialized in rum. I needed to find my way back to the hotel after. So I better just drink beer. Iris makes an announcement to the audience that there is a guest here wearing a Edgar Froese t-shirt (from Tangerine Dream). I don't think anybody cared or knew who Tangerine Dream was. Maybe one or two. After Iris's set I head over to talk with her for 15 minutes. Say our goodbyes and head off to try and get some sleep for our train ride into Budapest the next day.

The next day our train approaches the beautiful city of Budapest as it crosses the Danube River right next to the venue Bartok Bela National Concert Hall where Tangerine Dream will be playing. We check into our hotel not far from the concert hall. and head out into the city to find something to eat for dinner. The next morning we head over to the box office to pick up the tickets only to find out they are closed due to the easter holiday. This reminds me of the time we flew over to London for the Royal Albert Hall concert in 2010. The following day we flew into Dublin, Ireland to check out the city and we were told no alcohol sales anywhere in the city because of easter holiday. Whats up with easter? Deja vu. I went back the following day to pick up the tickets. Sunday April 10, the pre concert fan meet at the Cokxpon Ambient Society Club right outside of our hotel was already started when I arrived. Vic Rek (from ricochetdreams), along with Alan Miller (whom I've met before at 3 previous TD concert across the pond, was already there with more Dream fans. Most of them from Hungary and Poland. I finally got to meet Pal from Poland. I believe Pal was the one who set up the fan meet. So it was nice to see a few familiar faces and always nice to meet new faces that have been enjoying the music of Tangerine Dream all these years. There was also promotional cards and t-shirt being handed out for the Loom concert that was just announced for Budapest on Sept 28 & 29, 2012. I was handed a Loom shirt only to find out later that it is a large size. I asked for a x-large. Maybe they did not have any x-large. Guess I'll just have to lose a few more pounds before the Loom concert. A few pints of beers later I see everybody heading out the door to take the 2 minute tram ride to the National Concert Hall for the 8pm show. So off I go. Doors open at 7 and I walk in and head to the merch table. I see Bianca at the table making sure all the items are properly displayed. She sees me and and seems surprised that I made it. We said our hello's and off she went. I continue to check out the merchendise that I planned on buying. Gather my stuff and pay and met Jorg Jankowitsch and his friend that I met the day before at our hotel. We had previously met at other TD concerts in the past. He was looking for his ticket stub that he thought he had lost somewhere inside the venue. He had it all this time inside his pocket. I guess he was nervous and excited about the evening. 15 minutes prior to the start of the concert I walk inside and started taking pictures of this beautiful hall.

No curtains to hide the stage. A silhouette type screen was present behind the instruments. You can still see the pipe organ in the background. Interesting I thought. The hall was packed. Edgar and the rest of the band walked onto the stage at 8pm. Started right off with The Sensational Fall of the Master Builder. One hour later they walked off the stage without saying a word. I guess a few people left thinking it was over. 20 minutes later Edgar walked back on to the stage and started off with the beginning piano version of Ricochet Pt 2 and Linda, Thorsten and Iris joined Edgar for Ricochet Pt 2. Before you know it, another 2 hours and it was over. Not. They came back out for an encore, Star Wars theme. WFT. I was confused to say the least. It was a little awkward as heads were turning. It was not my choice for the encore. But I guess I can say I was there when the Dream played the theme to Star Wars for an encore.
I was off with other fans for the meet and greet in a long narrow room. All the familiar faces were there along with some I’ve never seen before including a family with some young kids. Nice. By the time I left all the trams had stopped running. I had to flag down a bus 20 minutes later and two stops later back at the hotel room. The following day we were off to the airport for our flight back to Frankfurt and eventually back home via San Francisco .
Flash forward - July 9, 2012. It's a mild and slightly muggy morning here in Huntington Beach, Ca. I awake knowing this is the week. Only 4 days till Edgar & Tangerine Dream play at the Club Nokia in LA. For me 96 hours is an eternity. I grab my morning cup of coffee. Hit the www in search of anything TD related. Check the Granada Theater website

to see how the ticket sales are going. Not good. I hope the ticket sales are better for the Club Nokia show. The Santa Barbara show still had great seats in the first 10 rows! Even front row off to the side aisle. Idea! Why not take a mini holiday and journey up north to central California to see the wine country area. Brilliant idea! And on the way back stop in Santa Barbara to see the Dream perform at the Granada Theater Weds. night. I start searching for places in Solvang and Paso Robles. Still lots of cheap hotels with vacancies. Short notice, I wake the wife up, still trying to open her eye lids I hit her with the idea of driving up north to wine country and stopping by Santa Barbara to see Tangerine Dream. She has to think about it for a moment and I can see the $$'s going through her mind. Asked how much would the trip cost and almost immediately says okay. So I called into work for the week, booked the hotels and 2 hours later we were off to Santa Barbara to secure the ticket. So part two of the Dreamtime continues. . . . .
We arrive at the venue almost 3 hours later. I had to stop at Ladyface Alehouse in Agoura Hills for a growler fill of their house IPA for the trip. When we arrived at the Granada Theater the power to the venue and other buildings on the block were out. So the computer was down. 5 minutes later the power comes back up and the young lady starts to work on my ticket purchase only minutes later to loose power again. So I decided to go on my iPhone and buy the tickets through the internet. While talking to the young lady and the young man behind her I asked if they knew who Tangerine Dream was. As I suspected no clue. So I attempt to explain the 45 years of Edgar and TD to them. They are amazed and curious. Both are students at the local university, UC Santa Barbara. And both are majoring in theater. Ten minutes later I secure my ticket and off we go to Solvang. Our first of 3 adventurous days. Solvang is a small Dutch town set in the Santa Ynez mtns. About an hour north from Santa Barbara just off the 101 frwy. Our second time visiting the beautiful Dutch town, first time spending the night there. We awake to a very cool brisk morning and gather our things and walk around the streets before checking out of the hotel for the 2 hour ride north to Paso Robles. Before checking into our hotel in Paso Robles we stop at a well known California brewery "Firestone Walker." They have been brewing some of California's finest since 1996. And they recently opened up a new tasting room with full restaurant.

Not only am I a Tangerine Dream fan, but also into fine craft beers. I recently got into home brewing. So after a few pints and a good meal were off to check into our hotel. I forgot to mention it's 108F outside in Paso Robles. I thought I was in Las Vegas or Phoenix. It was too cold to go into the city. So we hung around the pool and enjoyed some more beer and cocktails. The hotel was having a wine and cheese tastings. So we hung out for that and then headed off into town for dinner. Still cold outside.
We wake the following morning, have a buffet breakfast in the hotel lobby, check out and hit the road back to Santa Barbara. When we left Paso Robles in the morning it was a cool 82F. It's nice to get back to Santa Barbara where the temperature is in the low 70's.
We arrive at our hotel in Santa Barbara about 2 1/2 miles from the venue and it was too early to check in. No clean rooms yet. So I head off to the venue to pick up my ticket. No power outage this time. Out in back the tour bus is parked and the crew is unloading the band's equipment. Ticket in hand I manage to grab some venue posters for myself and a few mates out in the Dream universe. Several for Brad Duke, a fan from the east coast who collects all TD related memorabilia. Also for Mr. J, one of TD's biggest fans from across the pond in the UK. I am glad to say a very good friend who I've only met 3 times on my journeys to Europe to see the Dream play live. Mr J was a no show for the Budapest gig. It's like we had grown up knowing each other listening to Tangerine Dream and the classic rock bands all these years, but living miles apart. And our Dream path brought us together for the first time in London for the Camden gig back in 2008. A very special night I will cherish forever. I never expected to see all the TD fans at the pre gig fan meet. I think it was around 125 that night. And meeting Mr J and Andy King for the first time. It brought a whole new meaning to the words Tangerine Dream. But that was a different time and different place.

As we were leaving the venue to go back to our hotel to check in Thorsten Q was standing outside in the back. As the crew was still unloading the equipment I walked over to have a little chat with him. He recognized me and we talked for a bit. My wife thought he was Edgar's son. He kinda does, I guess. So I said "no, this is Edgar's adopted son." We got a good laugh. Wished Thorsten a great evening and off we went. I forgot to get a picture with Thorsten in the back. Oh well.

July 11, 2012. 3 hours before Dreamtime. Sue drops me off in front of the Granda Theater. Already with some craft beers inside me I head off to seek something to eat before the concert. State St. is like the Main street in Santa Barbara. Full of top line clothing department stores and restaurants. I have plenty to chose from. I find a place with good brew and looks like good food. Step in and enjoy a few more pints while having dinner. Head back to the venue with 20 minutes before the doors open. I head to the back to see if Thorsten is grabbing a smoke before the show begins. Doors open at 7pm and in I go. Straight to the merchandise stand where Bianca is talking to the ladies. Said a quick hello and off she went. I bought the cd Finnegans Wake (which I forgot to buy in Budapest) and the tour poster. I figured they would have the poster on the N America tour so I would just buy it there. Met and talked to a few fans around the booth. They wanted to know about the new cd's FW and the Booster series. A lot of fans are and have been out of touch with the band for all these years here. Maybe thats why the attendance was very low. A new friend I met, his name Peter Andrews from Ventura was asking about TD as he had been out of touch for 20 years. He was excited about the evening and told me he was going to the Los Angeles show also. Asked which cd to buy, I told him any of the Booster cd's and FW of course. He ended up buying FW. A good choice. It was getting close now so we took our seats. Very cozy inside.
As I expected the band takes stage at 8pm and begin with The Sensational Fall of the Master Builder. Hour and half later they finish the first set. I'm not going to give the setlist as my memory fades me and the setlist from the previous dates are basically the same. The band looks and sounds great. Maybe too good. They've had a couple of days of just hanging out after the east coast dates. So they should be refreshed and ready for the next journey here on the west coast. After the first set I saw a few people leave the venue. Not many as there were maybe 500 there to see the Dream that night. Not great but the ones who did come and stay for the entire 3+ hours got their dollars worth. Edgar takes the stage himself after a 20 minute intermission. Starts playing the piano version of Ricochet Pt 2. Linda, Thorsten & Iris follows a few minutes later and continues on with Ricochet Pt 2. Still my favorite Tangerine Dream album ever. Bernard and Hoshiko joins back after Ricochet Pt 2 to continue on the "dreamscape" for another hour and half when they came back out on stage to finish with Hoshiko playing Vivaldi. "What! No Crystal Ship?"

The night was almost over. A small gathering took place just outside the doors near the merchandise stand. About 20 or so was waiting for the band to come out for a meet and greet and to sign autographs. I noticed a tall slightly older man waiting at the corner. He was the first one waiting for Edgar to come out. They shook hands and talked for awhile before Edgar broke loose and greeted everybody else. I did get a picture of them together and I found out later that the gentleman was Paul Brickman, screenwriter and director of Risky Business. I manage to say hello to everybody and get some autographs. Had a special picture taken with Edgar for a special friend back in the UK. You know who you are. It was time to close another chapter. Called the wife to pick me up. Another picture of the theater and back to the hotel I went.
The next morning, July 12 we wake and head over to the lobby for another wonderful continental breakfast buffet. Not. Coffee was good. Packed up and checked out around 9am. 2 and half hour later we arrive back home in Huntington Beach. I have to get ready and do this all over again in just 3 hours! This time I'm hosting a pre gig fan meet at 4pm. Called my two buddies who are going with me. I scheduled a fan meet at the Yardhouse just around the corner from Club Nokia for 4pm. A 3 minute walk. were running a little late but we arrive at 4:15. Adele and her cousin, Dale and Lorraine, daveb (from yahoo site), Peter A (from the SB show) and a few others are already there waiting. A little concern over how we are to pay the bill. I tell them to keep track of what they order. We have to pay for one bill plus gratuity. No problem there. Some more start to show up. First timer James Jacoby and his wife Melissa arrive. I also noticed Stevo and Cyaron with his girlfriend there. Some more I can't recall their names. Sorry. Too much and the time just flew by. Before we knew it, it was time to leave and walk over to the venue. I did not get any pictures of the fan meet this time. Like I said time just flew by and I was trying to talk to everybody that was at the tables. I feel bad about not getting any pictures. Maybe those who were there took a picture or two of the fan meet. All in all I thought the turnout was fantastic.
At the venue doors there was a line already to get in. It was past 7 and the doors were not open yet. Maybe because of the change in concert time from 730pm to 830pm. A lot of "strange people" in line waiting to get in. Some looked lost. But this is downtown LA. I know some of the local radio stations were giving away tickets for tonights show. Hey anything free is great right? Well, some left after the 1st set. I pick up two free tickets given to me by Brad D from the east coast by doing a favor for him earlier. My friends and I already have VIP seats in the balcony for this evening show. So we were set. The extra free tickets were for VIP General Admission (floor). James J and I exchanged the tickets and they were happy to get a little bit closer to the stage. So I still had two extra tickets. Before the doors opened up an older guy came up to me and asked if I had an extra ticket. He had no money. He was dressed nice. But if it wasn't for his clothes I would of thought he came from around the corner of skid row. Maybe he found the cloths in some dumpster and cleaned them up just for tonights concert. So I gave him one of the tickets and kept the other for Brad. Off we went inside when the doors opened up. But not before we had to go through security and x-ray machine. I thought I was back at LAX. Is this a dream or nightmare? Again, this is LA.
Once inside we head over to the merchandise stand. I look over the tour shirt that was not available at the SB show. Although not my style I went ahead and purchased it along with Bernards new ep (and it rocks!) even if it's overpriced. The tour poster was the best deal, $10. Back in Budapest it was going for 20 euros. Glad I waited. Found our seats and proceeded to walk around to check out the inside. Again not my style of venue for a Dream concert. Maybe it would work for Kraftwerk. Hit the bar and bought a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale for $8 plus tip. Ouch. Curtains rose at 830pm and Edgar walked out and started playing Ricochet Pt 2. I thought I was late getting back to the seat and missed the whole set 1. A nightmare. I was totally confused and lost at that point. Can this be true? Something different than what the band has done on the rest of the tour. Iris, Linda and Thorsten walk out and continue on with Ricochet Pt 2 and the rest join in and "dream on" for an hour and half for the first set. Pretty much the same as SB set 2. 20 minute intermission and they continue on for another hour and half to finish off with Hoshiko's Vivaldi as the encore. But wait. There's one more. Thorsten goes right into the Door's "the Crystal Ship." Nice. The Dream is complete.

At the meet and greet after the show there were about 30+ that gathered downstairs in the lobby area. They had planned for the band to sit at a table to sign autographs but if was much a mass confusion as the venue staff was trying to get the people to move back and everybody just moved forward to shake hands and sign autographs while standing up. Again, no markers or pens were available for them to sign. Finally a couple of pens came out. Looked like more of Hollywoods big wigs were there to greet Edgar. Maybe something to do with plans for next year going back into the studio to record soundtracks. Hung out till the end not knowing if this might be the last time seeing the band here in America. Said my farewells and wished them the best for the remaining 2 dates and a safe trip back home. My Dream is complete till next year. Maybe somewhere in China. Or will it be in Europe again? Only time will tell. Cheers. . . . .
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Justin

Post by Justin »

Nice record of your recent adventures!
Look for the sounds of Digital Horizons at http://digitalhorizons.bandcamp.com/ and on iTunes, CDBaby, Amazon Downloads and Reverbnation.
r4man

Post by r4man »

I liked everything about the Club Nokia show except for the intrusive and uncalled for security screening. It wasn't as if it was some hip-hop concert with rival gangs in attendance, after all. I mean, the analog-digital wars are over, aren't they? Well, ok, sure I was tempted to pop one of those Franke-boys upside the head when he started diss my girl Linda, but come on, was that a reason to frisk me like I was carrying? And besides, those Baumann losers didn't even have the stones to show their ugly faces! Anyway, when my main man Edgar showed up you knew the time for talking was over and the time for some serious tunes had begun. Then when "T" started to pound those keys, well, you could tell by the look on his face that The Dream would take no prisoners that night! I can tell you that I was proudly wearing my Dream colors that night with no fear of retaliation! Those security guys at the Club ought to just lay off and let the facts just play out!

:wink:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

r4man wrote:I liked everything about the Club Nokia show except for the intrusive and uncalled for security screening. It wasn't as if it was some hip-hop concert with rival gangs in attendance, after all. I mean, the analog-digital wars are over, aren't they? Well, ok, sure I was tempted to pop one of those Franke-boys upside the head when he started diss my girl Linda, but come on, was that a reason to frisk me like I was carrying? And besides, those Baumann losers didn't even have the stones to show their ugly faces! Anyway, when my main man Edgar showed up you knew the time for talking was over and the time for some serious tunes had begun. Then when "T" started to pound those keys, well, you could tell by the look on his face that The Dream would take no prisoners that night! I can tell you that I was proudly wearing my Dream colors that night with no fear of retaliation! Those security guys at the Club ought to just lay off and let the facts just play out!

:wink:
:D ROFL :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Great review BTW tdream4ever.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Nice reports from our American fan members 8) many thanks.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

epsilon75 wrote:Nice reports from our American fan members 8) many thanks.
8)
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
stevo4

Post by stevo4 »

Just checking in here to read about the tour. Great reviews! Sad to hear about the low(er) turnouts across the country.

I got an email from Bianca last week and they are just now settling back in at home and will hopefully get the okay to share the photos from LA with everyone soon.

It was great seeing everyone again from the 2008 UCLA show!

Stevo
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

stevo4 wrote:Just checking in here to read about the tour. Great reviews! Sad to hear about the low(er) turnouts across the country.

Stevo
I would have loved to see them one more time ... even so, I could shed a tear that it would be the last time that I had a chance to enjoy, appreciate and have my own communion with the things that have taught me the most in life.

It was not to be.

I'm ok with that ... I don't feel that I need to indulge in some emancipatory old experience, in order to subsist or maintain my level of appreciation for music. I, sincerely, find this 20th century "need" to connect, rather ... weird ... and it has a tendency to take away from the music itself. Of course, TD already coming from the experimental days and such, when it was all about that connection, and creating a soundtrack for that moment ... and I do not feel the need to relive it again, unless it is to create a new moment and time and place and experience.