Pete Namlook (1960-2012)

epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

This is very sad news ,such a prolifiic artist gone at 52 .... RIP PN :(
Last edited by epsilon75 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I am totally shocked and saddened by this news. Pete Namlook`s music has been a true source of comfort in recent years. going to take a while to get over this :cry:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I'm shocked...he was a really nice man and a great artist..RIP Peter.. :(
Jon

Post by Jon »

Wow, this came as a shock. I haven't really heard much of his music (I once owned the Fires Of Ork CD with him and Biosphere), but I was well aware his strong presence and legacy in the genre.

Rest In Peace mr. Namlook.
har

Post by har »

Oh No :cry:

I am so very sorry to hear this, this is awful news.

I had been in touch with Pete last month and he sent me some seeds to try in my garden. Had also ordered the latest FAX release last week. Wondered why I hadn't heard back from him and actually emailed him this morning.

:cry: :cry: :cry: Tragic
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

An immense loss. A majestic figure in electronic music...innovative, original, fluid and creative. Such a sad moment....we have the huge body of work...to enjoy.

:arrow:
har

Post by har »

Very upset about this, still can't believe it.

Never met him personally but spoke to him loads via email and whenever he sent me my orders always put in a wee note, picture, seeds for my garden, sometimes a free CD/DVD. A real good lad and an inspiration to me musically.

I am seriously gutted and upset about this.

Rest In Peace Pete, my friend, thoughts with all your family, colleagues and friends.

cantosis

Post by cantosis »

har wrote:Very upset about this, still can't believe it.

Never met him personally but spoke to him loads via email and whenever he sent me my orders always put in a wee note, picture, seeds for my garden, sometimes a free CD/DVD. A real good lad and an inspiration to me musically.

Rest In Peace Pete, my friend, thoughts with all your family, colleagues and friends.

Totally understand what you mean mate, ordering directly from him and having that little interaction made it that bit more special.

I am glad I ddint delete my emails I have had over the years from ordering.
har

Post by har »

cantosis wrote:
har wrote:Very upset about this, still can't believe it.

Totally understand what you mean mate, ordering directly from him and having that little interaction made it that bit more special.

I am glad I ddint delete my emails I have had over the years from ordering.
Also have my emails, and bits and bobs from him. He really was a genuine, great lad.

He just sent me some East German tomato seeds to try out next year in my garden as we had been speaking about growing stuff.

Will play Labyrinth5 next, the last one he sent me :(.

Will always be grateful for yourself and AK for getting me interested in Pete's wonderful music.

Gutted

sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I feel so sad about Peters passing...As Har said a great guy and a wonderful musician.. :cry:
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

As the rest of you, I could not believe my eyes when I first read a note from Geir Jenssen (Biosphere) on Facebook, where he postet a track by Namlook, and said:
Rest in peace my good friend Pete Namlook. You made fantastic music.
Namlook's daughter wrote yesterday:
It is with much grief that we announce the passing of Peter Kuhlmann, AKA Pete Namlook. We are still shocked and are working on an official announcement that will follow soon to bring clarity to our minds. As word spreads on the internet more and more we just want to make clear that he died peacefully from as yet unspecified causes on 8th November 2012. We will announce more details as and when they surface.
Info: http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=18224

A Pete Namlook Facebook page run by a fan, but authorized by Namlook: https://www.facebook.com/Namloook

Pete, you where a gentle giant.

Image Image Image Image
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

R.I.P. Mr Namlook. Still shocked on the news.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Terrible news - RIP Pete