Jon Lord of Deep Purple RIP

tdream4ever
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Jon Lord of Deep Purple RIP

Post by tdream4ever »

age 71
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

:cry: I loved his signature Hammond sound on the Deep Purple albums...I knew he had the big C but didn't know he was so close to passing. Another one gone .. :(
Last edited by sparrow on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Very sad news on Jon Lord's passing,a rock music legend. RIP.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Oh wow!!! That's a real shock. I knew he was ill but, given his recent activity, thought he was over the worst of it. Trying to hold back the tears here.

One of the first albums I ever heard was Deep Purple's Made in Japan, on which Jon Lord really shined and it stills stands today as one of the greatest live albums ever recorded.

RIP Jon.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
har

Post by har »

Oh dear, very sad news. :( .

NP Paice Ashton Lord - Malice in Wonderland, one of my favourites.

:(
batman

Post by batman »

sad news....... :(
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
ant

Post by ant »

:( Sad news indeed. Deep Purple were one of my favourite bands of the seventies and Jon's musicianship was second to none. Another music Legend passes and goes to a better place were they will all be jamming together. RIP JL. :(
Biggus Dickus
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Extremely sad! Another giant falls. But he fell with honor and courage! A sad day for all heavy rockers, and others in this business. My thoughts go to all his former band colleagues.
Glad I got the opportunity to see him live several times.
Red Morpho

Post by Red Morpho »

Made In Japan one of the first (and one of the best) albums I ever bought now at full volume of the headphones........
Very Sad day
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...
batman

Post by batman »

(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
batman

Post by batman »

(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

Recently, the BBC had an article on rock music and orchestras, and inevitably, they clips they had were from Jon and his comments.

It kinda made me want to go back and listen to this, because for some reason it never got to my ears in one piece and my tastes have always been more towards the less pompous side of rock music, and I never really thought that Deep Purple, was that important musicaly, despite their famous/infamous rock music history, and some of the other genres in music that they ended up helping develop ... like too loud ... and too metal ... and what not.

This band is one of the two concerts I walked out of, btw ... too loud and out of tune at the Long Beach Arena ... heaven knows when it's so far out there, and the other act was Leon Russell, who also was loud, but at least sounded better!