++++ NEW USA CONCERT DATES 2012 ++++

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

ant wrote::D Hi Colin and everyone else on this Forum. Just got back from NY this morning and can tell you it was a brilliant show. was not a sell-out but would think there was a few hundred or so. was meant to start at 8pm but did not kick off until about 8.35. was much the same as the London gig with a break of 20mins. They finished about midnight but unfortunately nobody seemed to know if there was going to be a meet and greet. They said if you wait around they may appear - well by that time I had been standing for 6 and a half hours and I had a 20 min walk back to the hotel so I gave up and left. That was the only disappointment of the night! Towards the end of the gig Thorsten seemed to have words with Hoshiko, obviously not pleased with something she had or had not done. was a shame to see but hopefully all is ok now between them. was boiling in NY with the temperature reaching just over 100 degrees on the day of the gig and it was very very humid too. Having to stand outside in that for over and hour before the doors opened I was very glad to get inside to the air conditioning. We came out to rain and thunder and lightning.
I heard from one guy who went to the Phili show the night before that only about 140 people showed up and the band had to play in a very tiny basement area where they could only just fit on the stage minus a lot of equipment. Edgar was said to be upset and said it was their smallest turnout in 40 years!! Sad thing is I think a lot of Americans just don't know who they are these days and they don't get any radio play so hence the low turnout. One guy at the NY one didn't even know who their current line-up were. Sad but when they haven't been out there for so long it is not easy to build up a following again, especially on the East Coast. They should do a bit better in in LA etc. I hope so anyway.
Anyway was very glad to see them in NY - probably won't get that chance again. Didn't see and flyers or posters outside in Times Square which is a bit of a shame = Just their name on the front of the venue. Maybe a lack of input by the promoter, who knows. Managed to buy Bernhard's ep but the rest I had already got but I suppose at least it meant less to carry back to the UK. Anyway a great time in the Big Apple and can't wait to see them again in the UK. :D
Thank you for the report Richard,much appreciated. I hope you enjoyed your time in NY 8) :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

ant wrote::D Hi Colin and everyone else on this Forum. Just got back from NY this morning and can tell you it was a brilliant show. was not a sell-out but would think there was a few hundred or so. was meant to start at 8pm but did not kick off until about 8.35. was much the same as the London gig with a break of 20mins. They finished about midnight but unfortunately nobody seemed to know if there was going to be a meet and greet. They said if you wait around they may appear - well by that time I had been standing for 6 and a half hours and I had a 20 min walk back to the hotel so I gave up and left. That was the only disappointment of the night! Towards the end of the gig Thorsten seemed to have words with Hoshiko, obviously not pleased with something she had or had not done. was a shame to see but hopefully all is ok now between them. was boiling in NY with the temperature reaching just over 100 degrees on the day of the gig and it was very very humid too. Having to stand outside in that for over and hour before the doors opened I was very glad to get inside to the air conditioning. We came out to rain and thunder and lightning.
I heard from one guy who went to the Phili show the night before that only about 140 people showed up and the band had to play in a very tiny basement area where they could only just fit on the stage minus a lot of equipment. Edgar was said to be upset and said it was their smallest turnout in 40 years!! Sad thing is I think a lot of Americans just don't know who they are these days and they don't get any radio play so hence the low turnout. One guy at the NY one didn't even know who their current line-up were. Sad but when they haven't been out there for so long it is not easy to build up a following again, especially on the East Coast. They should do a bit better in in LA etc. I hope so anyway.
Anyway was very glad to see them in NY - probably won't get that chance again. Didn't see and flyers or posters outside in Times Square which is a bit of a shame = Just their name on the front of the venue. Maybe a lack of input by the promoter, who knows. Managed to buy Bernhard's ep but the rest I had already got but I suppose at least it meant less to carry back to the UK. Anyway a great time in the Big Apple and can't wait to see them again in the UK. :D
Thanks for the quick write up Ant. Yeah the Philly show had to move to another venue due to lack of ticket sales. Probably due to lack of promotion and advert. Too bad. They cut their performance down to just over an hour n half. But Thorsten did sing the Door's "Crystal Ship" which I'm hoping they will play here in LA this Thursday. I am surprised that the Philly area and others did not get the news out about the Dream tour on the east coast. I know the radio program "Stars End" (from the Philly area) did a little promo on their Sunday morning radio show last weekend. Played Ricochet set2 and announced it for their N America tour. Its too bad the numbers are down. I think the LA show will bring in alot more then the east coast did. Not sure about the Santa Barbara and others how they will do. I think I will have 25+ showing up for the pre gig fan meet. And from what I've been reading on the other sites alot will be flying in from out of state. I don't expect it to be sold out though. The words "Tangerine Dream" is like obsolete here in America. Nothing can be heard on the radio anymore. There are a few stations that will play an older classic song from TD once every 6 months and you can here it late at night. The internet will have some, but not many will go out and search Tangerine Dream. And I guess the others want the old classic Dream. I think they all fell off the train back in the early 90's to 2004. Oh well, their loss. Man, am I glad I did not go to the east coast with all the heat wave going on! It sounds like you had a great time in the Big Apple. I wish I could of flown out and joined you but I was busy going to the Jon Anderson gig Friday night and home-brewed my next batch of beer Saturday and worked Sunday. Plus the temp here in the LA area was a cool 75F.
:D :wink:
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

I wonder if it would have been better to save the US gigs until after the film work next year. Surely that would have given them more exposure.
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

It's just been way too long that Edgar and Tangerine Dream been here. The last N America tour was 92 before the 1 night gig at UCLA in 2008. And here we are in 2012 with a short N America tour. You don't hear the music played often here. And the previous works that TD made probably did not suit the audience here. I know I was one of them when they did the Dante series. But I still listened and enjoyed the music of TD. I am more into the Dream than I ever was. But I was always loyal to Edgar and company. I think there was a period of 5 years when I was in Japan that I got 90% out of the loop.
ant

Post by ant »

:) 75 degrees sounds better. The 100 in NY was just a bit too much mostly due to the high humidity. It was less humid the next day following the storm but was still very very warm. The real hardship was that all I felt like doing was having a few beers!! It's a hard job but someone had to do it! I do hope their remaining gigs go well and have better attendance. I am sure they will. As far as I am concerned the 'Dream' is still very much alive - all we need to do is get that message out to our American friends. Let;s hope following these gigs and maybe a few new soundtrack works this may happen. That would be great. Keep on Dreaming!! :)
Biggus Dickus
fgourlot

Post by fgourlot »

François from Paris
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Just got back from the Santa Barbara concert last night. It was fantastic!! :wink: Not much time left before I turn around and head to Los Angeles for the Club Nokia concert this evening. I can say this- Last night performance was Spot On!! Edgar and TD played exceptional. Started at 8 and finished at 1120pm with a 20 minute intermission. The only downside was only one encore song. Vivaldi. The venue did not have a curfew. So they could of played till midnight. See you after tonights gig. Cheers.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Okay. I'm here on just a little over 4 hours of sleep. Tired, but have coffee in hand. I can now say last nights concert at Club Nokia is now my #1 TD concert. Let's just say Edgar opened last nights show with Ricochet Part 2 at 8:32pm. The Dream left the stage at around 11:45pm after playing Vivaldi and the Door's "The Crystal Ship" encore and Edgar's speech. I don't have the words right now to describe the show last night. But it was surreal. Half way through the second set my eyes were closing (from lack of "sleep"-Santa Barbara concert previous night), but I could still see the Dream playing. Reminds me of my ventures across the "Pond" to see Tangerine Dream the same night and turn around the next day and fly back home. On just 4 hours of sleep from the previous night till now (+4 hours of sleep) last night (this morning). I feel like I'm in a dream-state of mind right now. I did take plenty of photos of last nights concert. A couple of videos. Don't expect much from the videos as I used a small digital camera. Photos are okay. Some better than others. I hope that others out there in the www have better videos that will upload them on youtube. Yes I did capture Ricochet Part 2 on vid, but the quality and audio is not good. Sorry. I also got half of Vivaldi/"the Crystal Ship" for the encore. Ran out of memory. Imagine that? I was not expecting to take alot of pictures as all the previous venues announced "No Photos or Videos." But there was no announcement last night at Club Nokia. And I saw alot of fans taking pictures and video taping. Stevo (Steve) was there taking pictures professionally! They should up online within a week or so. Bianca asked to see the pictures before posting online. They will be similar to Andreas photos of the Dream's previous concerts in Europe. Fan meet was a success! I think 25 showed up at our reserved table. And a few others I saw wearing Tangerine Dream shirts were throughout the restaurant. I don't think they knew about the pre gig fan meet. But came over and chatted with us. More than half that showed up were at the last fan meet (2008-UCLA). Will get into more details of fan meet & concert later when I do a short write up. I'm still trying to soak all this in. Pictures will be up later. See you soon. :wink:
har

Post by har »

Great stuff, cheers for the updates......You are one lucky chap experiencing all that DREAM 8)

Hope TD have made an impression over the pond and well done to them for taking that on !!
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Glad to hear you had a good time seeing TD in the US David - it was about time you got a proper tour over the pond agan :P :wink:
fgourlot

Post by fgourlot »

A video of the Los Angeles gig :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCyLl4Va0N0
François from Paris
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Club Nokia LA July 12, 2012

Last edited by tdream4ever on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

I just completed an upload of Ricochet Pt 2 (Opening song for LA Club Nokia show) on youtube. You can search for it on the tube.

Warning - Don't be mad or angry at me for the poor video/audio quality. I used a digital camera and two guys next to us were talking throughout the first three songs. I felt like hitting them over their heads with my camera. Oh well. Enjoy. :wink: :D :D :shock: