Picture Palace Music

Laserdisc Dream
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Happy birthday to T.Q. From USA. :wink:

:!: :arrow:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

From CD Services, Dundee

CD SERVICES NEWS
40 - 42 BRANTWOOD AVE DUNDEE DD3 6EW UK
Telephone: (+44) 0 1382 776595 / Fax: (+44) 0 1382 776595
E-Mail: orders@cd-services.com or info@cd-services.com
On-Line Stores: www.cd-services.com

PICTURE PALACE MUSIC: INDULGE THE PASSION (New 2012 Studio Album - Stock # 1527052) CD £14.99

A new studio album for 2012 from TANGERINE DREAM member Thorsten "Q" Quaeschning's side project PICTURE PALACE MUSIC. Entitled: 'Indulge The Passion [Music For 7-Word-Influences & Monetary Capitals]', the album available to order now and features a musician line-up as follows: Thorsten "Q" Quaeschning (synthesizers / kora / koto / vocals / glockenspiel / piano / drums / memotron / organ / electric guitar/ lapsteel guitar / electric kazoo / harmophon / darbuka / djembe / ebow guitar / vocoder / xylophone), Sascha Beator (synthesizer), Kai Hanuschka (drums / darbuka / djembe / cajon), Vincent Nowak (drums / didgeridoo / darbuka / djembe / shaker / cajon djirre electric guitar / acoustic guitar / electric mandolin), Juergen Heidemann (sound stones / stones / vocals / rainstick), David See (electric mandolin / electric guitar), Stephen Mortimer (acoustic guitar / electric-guitar), Thorsten Spiller (acoustic guitar), Tommy Betzler (drums / gongs / shaker / djembe / darbuka), Chris Hausl (vocals), Nadine Gomez (violin) and Vanessa O. (cello).
Track List:
01. Immortal Hours & Passion Flowers
02. Rose & The Cross
03. Separate Existence
04. Speaking Stillness In The Rose-Flushed-Snow
05. Bealific Vision
06. Fiery Fountain Of The Stars
07. Passion Of Regret
08. Compass Me
09. Continuous Aspiration

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 29&theater
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:D PPm have announced dates for the Swimminpool Festival. The two day event will take place on 17th/18th August at Clubtheater Stadtbad Stegliz, Berlin. Bernd Kistenmacher and Nattefrost are among those participating. 8) 8) 8) :arrow:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Really hope they do a UK gig sometime... :)
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Really hope they do a UK gig sometime... :)
Only a matter of time :wink: :arrow:
TD Eye

Post by TD Eye »

E-Day 2012 in Oirschot - The Netherlands, has taken place. Headliner of the festival was Picture Palace music. Their performance of nearly 2,5 hours exceded all expectations and was even better than their E-Live appearance in Oct. 2010. PPm's show of last Saturday was absolutely fabulous! Congrats to Ron for making it all possible.

Here's the lineup:

Thorsten "Q" Quaeschning (Synthesizer, Glockenspiel)
Sascha Beator (Synthesizer)
Vicent Nowak (Drums, Percussion)
Djirre (Guitar)
David See (Electric-Mandolin, Electric-Guitar)
Juergen Heidemann (Soundstone, Stones)
Jan "Stix" Pfennig (Drums)
Yusuf Sahilli (Guitar)
Tommy Betzler (Drums, Gong)
F.E. (Guitar)

For the fourth time, the German electronic scene orchestrated the Schallwelle awards (6 different categories), where the best national and international albums and artists are honored for their particular achievements in 2011. For the second consecutive time the award in the category Best German Act/Artist went to Picture Palace music. The award was presented to Thorsten after the mainset.

For those who are interested, here's the setlist of PPm's performance. (thanks to TD Eyewitness, who in turn thanks Vincent Nowak ;-) Off topic: rumours say TD Eyewitness wants to have her own account :-) On topic again: the setlist:

1. Passion of Regret (Indulge the Passion)
2. Beatific Vision (Indulge the Passion)
3. Speaking Stillness in the Rose-Flushed-Snow (Indulge the Passion)
4. Damsels Dive
5. Chill Crystal Zone (Midsummer)
6. Right of Ascension (Midsummer)
7. Immortal Hours and Passion Flowers (Indulge the Passion)
8. Seperate Existence (Indulge the Passion)
9. Continuous Aspiration (Indulge the Passion)
10. Drowning moon and eleven suns (Natatorium)
11. Moondial (Natatorium)
12. Demeter-Morph (Symphony for Vampires)
13. Drowning one's sorrow into the ocean (Midsummer)
14. The Rose and the Cross (Indulge the Passion)

Encore 1:
15. The Gretchen Tragedy (Natatorium)
16. Risk Pool (Natatorium)

Encore 2:
17. Drum-Boheme
18. Metropolis Theme (Metropolis Poetry)

There is an interesting clip (over 13 minutes) on Youtube of PPm's gig last Saturday.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK9RVPy3nIM
Members and non-members only please.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

The new album "Indulge The Passion" is another very good release,and comes highly recommended.
:Thumbs Up: from me 8) :D
TD Eye

Post by TD Eye »

epsilon75 wrote:The new album "Indulge The Passion" is another very good release,and comes highly recommended.
Superb album, highly recommended indeed!
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

Thank you TD Eye for your great review.
Really sorry to be not at Oirscot last saturday. :cry:

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Would have loved to been in Oirschot just to listen to "Drowning Moon & Eleven Suns and Moondial. These two tracks are among my PPM favourites. (Fantastic) 8) will this concert be released on CD I wonder :idea: Here's hoping.
I think "Yoshiwara Nightclubbing Society" would be a great addition to the concert set :idea: incredible sounds 8)

Many thanks to "TD EYE" for the report :D
TD Eye

Post by TD Eye »

epsilon75 wrote:Would have loved to been in Oirschot just to listen to "Drowning Moon & Eleven Suns and Moondial. These two tracks are among my PPM favourites. (Fantastic) 8) will this concert be released on CD I wonder :idea: Here's hoping.
I think "Yoshiwara Nightclubbing Society" would be a great addition to the concert set :idea: incredible sounds 8)

Many thanks to "TD EYE" for the report :D
If I understood well the concert has been recorded. Thorsten told me it is not likely that it will be released on CD. The main reason is that Thorsten plays live at a certain volume level, he likes to play loud, it's almost inherent to his music. "Listening at home to a live CD gives the listener the opportunity to adjust the volume, which would not do justice to PPm's music."
The volume last Saturday in Oirschot was fine! And our volume at home is fine too :-)
Let's convince Thorsten to release a live CD! Would be really great. :idea: :arrow:
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

epsilon75 wrote:The new album "Indulge The Passion" is another very good release,and comes highly recommended.
I have to agree played a few times now it's a grower.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

If I understood well the concert has been recorded. Thorsten told me it is not likely that it will be released on CD. The main reason is that Thorsten plays live at a certain volume level, he likes to play loud, it's almost inherent to his music. "Listening at home to a live CD gives the listener the opportunity to adjust the volume, which would not do justice to PPm's music."
What tosh :!: :?

That means he mustn't like any live recordings. \in which case, why bother recording them ?
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

the bm remains convinced that this year we will have a UK PPM concert :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

bigmoog wrote:the bm remains convinced that this year we will have a UK PPM concert :D
good :)