TD gig in Zurich Kongresshaus Switzerland on May 7, 2012 !

WildGuineaPig
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by WildGuineaPig »

GlynRichards wrote:Can't believe you announced that before TD. That's treading on dodgy ground that is! :wink:
:D
"Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. " - Homer Simpson
feldon30

Post by feldon30 »

Ticket is bought (actually bought Row 3, Seat 59 in January). Airfare purchased (ouch!). Now I just have to find a hotel, and hopefully some other TD fans to say hello to!

PM me if you want me mobile number or e-mail to get in contact and hopefully have a meet!

-Morgan Feldon (Yes, that guy)
ex-pat in Copenhagen
redziller

Post by redziller »

Well well, there's a name from the past!
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
feldon30

Post by feldon30 »

I've been out of the game for quite a while for sure. The irony of being in Europe when TD is finally doing a US tour has not escaped me. The hard part is resisting seeing them more than once here.
Whoopysnorp

Post by Whoopysnorp »

Just realized that almost 6 years have passed since I saw them last time at the Berlin Tempodrom gig, but I'm sure I will still recognize some familiar die-hard TD fans in Zürich. Anyone here on the forum who can come up with a nice meeting point before the concert?
See y'all :D
Heiko H.
feldon30

Post by feldon30 »

I too hope there is some kind of get-together. I'm booked at the Senator Hotel. It's not very close, but the price was not bad and it is just one tram (#13) from the hotel to the venue.

My number is +45 31 36 03 76

My e-mail is morganfeldon@gmail.com. I could not find a good e-mail for you, Heiko.

-Morgan

P.S. I will edit out the personal details after the event.
Whoopysnorp

Post by Whoopysnorp »

After doing a quick search on Tripadvisor I think the following restaurant would be a suitable option, located at the Bahnhofstr. 28a: ZEUGHAUSKELLER (http://www.trymarket.ch/zeughauskeller/index.htm). It's only a five minute walk to the venue, has a large seating capacity and the food is supposed to be good and not too pricey (which doesn't say much in Switzerland, it still costs a fortune :lol: ). As you will notice they offer a multi-lingual menu card, so you will at least know what you just ordered :wink: .
My only problem might be that I won't make it there before 18.00 to 18.30, as my flight is scheduled for arrival at Zürich Kloten airport at 16:15, then i'll have to catch the train, get to the hotel etc. etc. However (and unless someone comes up with a better location) I promise to be there, just look out for a handsome guy wearing a Ricochet shirt :lol: . My email adress is "eyedance_at_web.de".

<auf Deutsch> wer sich vor dem Konzert mit mir (Heiko Heerssen) und hoffentlich noch anderen TD-Fans auf ein Bierchen treffen möchte: wie wär's im ZEUGHAUSKELLER (http://www.trymarket.ch/zeughauskeller/index.htm) so gegen 18.00 Uhr? Irgendwie wird man sich schon über den Weg laufen :D
feldon30

Post by feldon30 »

Looks like a good choice as far as location/proximity.

I don't know how much taxis cost but between an airport shuttle and trams maybe you can get there earlier than you think. :) I'm packing a backpack and that's it.

Also, I'm easy to spot as I'm 6'9" (205cm).

Looking forward to it!

-Morgan
Whoopysnorp

Post by Whoopysnorp »

feldon30 wrote:Looks like a good choice as far as location/proximity.

I don't know how much taxis cost but between an airport shuttle and trams maybe you can get there earlier than you think. :) I'm packing a backpack and that's it.

Also, I'm easy to spot as I'm 6'9" (205cm).

Looking forward to it!

-Morgan
according to "World taximeter" a taxi drive from the airport to the venue (13 km/7 miles) will cost €50/US$65 :shock:
I already bought a 24h tram ticket online for €10 which gets me to the hotel & back in just a couple of minutes.
6'9"? Congratulations to the guy sitting right behind you :wink:
feldon30

Post by feldon30 »

Whoopysnorp wrote:according to "World taximeter" a taxi drive from the airport to the venue (13 km/7 miles) will cost €50/US$65 :shock:
I already bought a 24h tram ticket online for €10 which gets me to the hotel & back in just a couple of minutes.
I should probably do the same re: buying a 24 hour tram ticket.

I wonder if museums and the sort will be closed, or what else there is to do in Zurich besides buy chocolate. ;)

Did you see if there was a camera policy?
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

feldon30 wrote:
Whoopysnorp wrote:according to "World taximeter" a taxi drive from the airport to the venue (13 km/7 miles) will cost €50/US$65 :shock:
I should probably do the same re: buying a 24 hour tram ticket.

I wonder if museums and the sort will be closed, or what else there is to do in Zurich besides buy chocolate. ;)

Could start by looking here to see if there is anything of interest to you..
http://www.zuerich.com/en/visitor/Exper ... html#title
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

feldon30 wrote:Did you see if there was a camera policy?
I sent an email to the venue asking this. Here is the reply.

Photography is NOT allowed for concert guests.

Just accredited photographers are allowed to take pictures – the first three songs without flash.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact the organiser of the concert: j.vogel@allblues.ch

Kind regards,

Claudio Kaul
feldon30

Post by feldon30 »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
feldon30 wrote:I wonder if museums and the sort will be closed, or what else there is to do in Zurich besides buy chocolate. ;)

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:I sent an email to the venue asking this. Here is the reply.

Just accredited photographers are allowed to take pictures – the first three songs without flash.
Thank you kindly for doing this research. Looks like I have some homework to do. :)

Morgan
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

feldon30 wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
feldon30 wrote:I wonder if museums and the sort will be closed, or what else there is to do in Zurich besides buy chocolate. ;)

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:I sent an email to the venue asking this. Here is the reply.

Thank you kindly for doing this research. Looks like I have some homework to do. :)

Morgan
Glad to help :) Enjoy the concert, and Zurich also.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Wonder whats up with the first three songs without flash? Are these venue policies being enforced like the Budapest venue? Some videos and pictures are up from the Italy shows. Not much, yet. Still a few days to settle down. I hope the mates at the London gig will over ride the no camera/video policy.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!