Avery Hall 1977 concert review

T4N63R1N3 DR34M
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Avery Hall 1977 concert review

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

From Synapse Magazine

http://www.cyndustries.com/synapse/syna ... 977&pic=15

Starts at the bottom right hand corner, then click on the next link for the rest:

http://www.cyndustries.com/synapse/syna ... 977&pic=48
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

Richard Einhorn is a douchebag, and I hate Tangerine Dream being referred to as "The Tangs." :evil:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

:shock: I've always called TD the Tangs when talking about them with people who know them. :oops:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

sparrow wrote::shock: I've always called TD the Tangs when talking about them with people who know them. :oops:
You're not alone... :)
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Erik

Post by Erik »

the pooty tangs
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

They are Tangerine Dream, not The Tangs. The Tangs sounds like a punk band.
ant

Post by ant »

:) Have called them 'The Tangs' for years and will continue to do so. Don't see anything wrong with it myself but each to their own. Back in the 70's we had signs around saying The Tangs Rule OK!! so it has been around a long time (a bit like me!!). :D
Biggus Dickus
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

ant wrote::) Have called them 'The Tangs' for years and will continue to do so. Don't see anything wrong with it myself but each to their own. Back in the 70's we had signs around saying The Tangs Rule OK!! so it has been around a long time (a bit like me!!). :D
Me too, it's just the same as the Rolling Stones being called "The Stones" as far as I'm concerned. No big problem.
harmonicaman

Post by harmonicaman »

Sfearical Sequence wrote:Richard Einhorn is a douchebag, and I hate Tangerine Dream being referred to as "The Tangs." :evil:
Never liked reviewers where the "review" is nothing of the sort and is actually the author setting out his/her own sense of self importance and elitism - always with Thesaurus at the ready. Read a number of TD reviews like that, some of concerts I attended. Same for other bands I like.

The worst, which prompted me to write to NME or Sounds I don't remember which now, was a review of the 1990 Berlin gig, Jeromes debut I believe. I was at that show, and the review was not exactly bad, rather dismissive, but it had some good points, problem was one of them was the mention of tracks that were not played on the night, Chinchilla being one, and the several mentions of the band being a three piece who have tread the synth path for decades. Ignoring the then line-up and onstage performers, so I wrote asking if the reveiewer had attended the show as the content of the gig as stated in the review was not what was played.

I did actually get a reply, which I unfortunately dont have anymore that the reviewer was freelance and was paid for the submission and this would now be investigated....don;t know if anything came of it.