Tangerine Dream at Festival de Jazz Montréal June 30, 2012

tdream88
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Tangerine Dream at Festival de Jazz Montréal June 30, 2012

Post by tdream88 »

Festival de Jazz de Montréal (TD event)
http://www.montrealjazzfest.com/program ... x?id=10577

My Facebook event page (in french)
http://www.facebook.com/events/306035762749372/

AND YES! A DREAM COME TRUE !!!

* TD concert is sponsored by TD Bank ! :D *
"The visible creates a work in form - the invisible defines its worth"
Lao Tse - Tao Te King // Optical Race \\ RIP EF✝
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

I'm sincerely happy for you Tdream88 and all the very pleasant peoples of the Quebec, a fantastic country. :)

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
tdream88

Post by tdream88 »

la sagesse du destin wrote:I'm sincerely happy for you Tdream88 and all the very pleasant peoples of the Quebec, a fantastic country. :)

Charles
Merci Charles !

Tu es le bienvenue chez-moi quand tu veux !

Au plaisir !
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

this will raise td's profile to greater heights :!: :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:this will raise td's profile to greater heights :!: :D
How can you raise a profile that is all ready cemented in time, the music speaks for itself :wink: :)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

epsilon75 wrote:
How can you raise a profile that is all ready cemented in time, the music speaks for itself :wink: :)
:wink:

i know a few Jazz fanatics, that may well enjoy live TD.....if Iris gets out her marimbas.....the crowd will get the TD groove....man...Cool 8) 8)
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
:wink:

i know a few Jazz fanatics, that may well enjoy live TD.....if Iris gets out her marimbas.....the crowd will get the TD groove....man...Cool 8) 8)
I would certainly like to see Iris get her marimba's out and her booty :shock: :arrow:
ant

Post by ant »

:? Strange for TD to be in a Jazz Festival but great to see them touring so much more and getting the TD name around the globe again. Would love to go as Montreal is a place I would very much like to see but with a NYC trip already booked for March it is unlikely I could afford this gig as well. Just hope I can get to see them again in the UK sometime in 2012 to make up for it. :D
Biggus Dickus
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

ant wrote::? Strange for TD to be in a Jazz Festival but great to see them touring so much more and getting the TD name around the globe again. Would love to go as Montreal is a place I would very much like to see but with a NYC trip already booked for March it is unlikely I could afford this gig as well. Just hope I can get to see them again in the UK sometime in 2012 to make up for it. :D
TD Jazz version of Zeit. ? Hmmmmmm.. Niiccccccccee !
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

ant wrote::? Strange for TD to be in a Jazz Festival but great to see them touring so much more and getting the TD name around the globe again. Would love to go as Montreal is a place I would very much like to see but with a NYC trip already booked for March it is unlikely I could afford this gig as well. Just hope I can get to see them again in the UK sometime in 2012 to make up for it. :D
Mind you the Reading Festival used to be subtitled the Jazz and Blues Festival but there wasn't much of either.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
tdream88

Post by tdream88 »

Gerald Gradwohl with Trio Töykeät / Threeo had played at this festival in 1996
http://www.montrealjazzfest.com/program ... px?id=8280
--
It would be great that Mrs. Camaa plays with her band there.
--
TD bio from the Jazz Festival website ;-)
http://www.montrealjazzfest.com/artists ... px?id=7778
--
Definition of electronica in the Jazz Festival web site.

Origins

The term electronica was first coined at the turn of the 21th century to designate various trends in electronic music that first came into being in the 1980s. Emerging during this period was an innovative style that borrowed from disco and funk - both of which enjoyed widespread popularity in the United States - but was also marked by electronic experimentation, with German-based groups Tangerine Dream and Kraftwerk leading the way. On its influential albums Autobahn (1974) and Trans-Europe Express (1977), Kraftwerk used robotic, repetitive and hypnotic sounds held by many to illustrate the growing impact of new technologies on modern society. [...]

http://www.montrealjazzfest.com/artists ... onica.aspx
jonnyboy

TD in Canada

Post by jonnyboy »

This is wonderful news! It may be a great excuse to enjoy the long weekend in Montreal and take my family with me (my two oldest children are in the extended french program at school so this would be a worthwhile trip).

I wonder, what chance TD extending their Canadian stay with a date in Toronto?
always a T Dreamer
tdream88

Re: TD in Canada

Post by tdream88 »

jonnyboy wrote:This is wonderful news! It may be a great excuse to enjoy the long weekend in Montreal and take my family with me (my two oldest children are in the extended french program at school so this would be a worthwhile trip).

It's a very nice festival with many excellent outdoor free show.

Bienvenue à Montréal !
tdream4ever

Re: TD in Canada

Post by tdream4ever »

tdream88 wrote:
jonnyboy wrote:This is wonderful news! It may be a great excuse to enjoy the long weekend in Montreal and take my family with me (my two oldest children are in the extended french program at school so this would be a worthwhile trip).

It's a very nice festival with many excellent outdoor free show.

Bienvenue à Montréal !
I think this would be nice time to take holiday in Montreal. But from the pictures of the past years it looks like a ton of people at this event. Too many for me at my old arse age. I tend to shy away from festival now. Too many unknown bands (some I'm sure are great & some not). And TD would probably play a shorten 2 hour set-if allowed. I prefer TD in an venue that would accomodate no more than 6,000. I dont know if they would be able to fill a venue of that size (maybe in some cities). Plus I would like to get in, see the band perform for 3 hours, maybe a meet and greet afterwards and hit a pub or 2 before heading back to the room or home. But it's nice to see TD back in Canada. Hopefully the rumored US tour is true!
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
tdream88

Post by tdream88 »

April 25th 2012
The artistic director of the Montreal Jazz Fest André Ménard about TD...

Ref.: "Journal de Montréal - Week-end section" (in french)
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2012/0 ... la-musique (Thank you Google translation!)

[...] A gateway

André Ménard has not always been sensitive to jazz tunes. As a child he had felt nothing at Expo 67 (in Montreal) when he attended the prestations of Oscar Peterson and Mahalia Jackson.

Everything changed the first time he heard the German band Tangerine Dream, which he describes "his gateway to jazz."

"We find the spirit of jazz in the progressive rock: a piece of 20 minutes with a big solo in the middle, it's very jazz," he says.

André Ménard has reason to smile as Tangerine Dream has earned a place in the program Jazz Fest this summer. The concert will occur at the Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier at Place des Arts on June 30th.

"These guys do not come often in North America, says he. A friend of mine went to see them in a electronic music festival in North Carolina last fall (*Moogfest) and when he returned, he told me they were fantastic."