TD LIVE @ MOOGFEST - ASHEVILLE (USA) 28 OCT 2011

T4N63R1N3 DR34M
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

TDludo wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:We look forward to hearing from anyone who attends the gig, with regard to set-list etc. And uploads to Youtube of course :wink:
Video extracts and setlist would be great indeed ! 8)
Also a merch-stall report !

Especially any ep/cupdiscs that have not been mentioned...
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Sorry to say that I did not make it to TD and Moogfest on Friday. No seats on flight out of LAX to Houston or Chicago for transfer to Asheville.

But just received this from the Tadream site.

Moogfest
Asheville, NC, USA

From NPR (US public Radio)

"There was a time when the space rock of Tangerine Dream felt so dated. Tonight at Moogfest it feels majestic"

This was the post immediately sent after the show from the US public radio network!

Finally after 36 years my first TD experience! From where I picked in the balcony, I could see the entire hall layout. Only about 1/3 of the hall was filled when TD came out. During the first while it almost filled, as festival goers came in from other events (up to 6 music events going on in town at any one time). Mostly young people, many in halloween outfits, these were here to attend the festival in general. Many of them were exposed to the band for the first time I'm sure. Near the end of the show other events were about to start and from the balcony I could see large numbers leaving to check out more performers. I hoped that the house lights would not come up but before the encore, but they did. Edgar seemed to acknowledge the nature of the venue when he said in his final words that Moogfest is of one of the best prog festivals in the world, and it is great that people can move about and experience so much music.

It was good to hear their new material, they featured their new member on violin (or some device close to it), she was on hand the whole night just to play about three selections.

Being a festival there were restrictions, from the balcony I could constantly see a huge white clock facing the group, ticking away. This ensured they faced no penalties on starting exactly on time (even though people were still coming in from other venues). There was also no leeway for anything extra or impromptu, two more groups were coming up and the festival has a set schedule.

A meet and greet was not workable. Moogfest was in control, with a multitude of wristbands and permission levels. With that system and being in such a busy building I can see why it had to be dropped.

Merchandising was also controlled by Moogfest. This no doubt set limits how much any group could present beyond the festival's own gear. I saw nothing new, always had been envious of those who attended shows.

A possible U.S. (Canada too?) tour was hinted at. Hopefully those who got to see TD tonight will again see them with conditions under the group's own control.

Gary from Nova Scotia, Canada

So maybe we'll get another chance to see Edgar and the Dream perform here in North America in 2012! :(
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Sorry to say that I did not make it to TD and Moogfest on Friday. No seats on flight out of LAX to Houston or Chicago for transfer to Asheville.

But just received this from the Tadream site.

Moogfest
Asheville, NC, USA

From NPR (US public Radio)

"There was a time when the space rock of Tangerine Dream felt so dated. Tonight at Moogfest it feels majestic"

This was the post immediately sent after the show from the US public radio network!

Finally after 36 years my first TD experience! From where I picked in the balcony, I could see the entire hall layout. Only about 1/3 of the hall was filled when TD came out. During the first while it almost filled, as festival goers came in from other events (up to 6 music events going on in town at any one time). Mostly young people, many in halloween outfits, these were here to attend the festival in general. Many of them were exposed to the band for the first time I'm sure. Near the end of the show other events were about to start and from the balcony I could see large numbers leaving to check out more performers. I hoped that the house lights would not come up but before the encore, but they did. Edgar seemed to acknowledge the nature of the venue when he said in his final words that Moogfest is of one of the best prog festivals in the world, and it is great that people can move about and experience so much music.

It was good to hear their new material, they featured their new member on violin (or some device close to it), she was on hand the whole night just to play about three selections.

Being a festival there were restrictions, from the balcony I could constantly see a huge white clock facing the group, ticking away. This ensured they faced no penalties on starting exactly on time (even though people were still coming in from other venues). There was also no leeway for anything extra or impromptu, two more groups were coming up and the festival has a set schedule.

A meet and greet was not workable. Moogfest was in control, with a multitude of wristbands and permission levels. With that system and being in such a busy building I can see why it had to be dropped.

Merchandising was also controlled by Moogfest. This no doubt set limits how much any group could present beyond the festival's own gear. I saw nothing new, always had been envious of those who attended shows.

A possible U.S. (Canada too?) tour was hinted at. Hopefully those who got to see TD tonight will again see them with conditions under the group's own control.

Gary from Nova Scotia, Canada

So maybe we'll get another chance to see Edgar and the Dream perform here in North America in 2012! :(
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

The whole concert for streaming here:

http://www.npr.org/2011/10/24/141658754 ... gfest-2011
Justin

Post by Justin »

Sounds like some new material included too!
Look for the sounds of Digital Horizons at http://digitalhorizons.bandcamp.com/ and on iTunes, CDBaby, Amazon Downloads and Reverbnation.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Personally I can't hear much new material. But I did not pay full attention during the whole streaming of the concert.
Justin

Post by Justin »

There's a chunk in the first half, 40,50 mins in that I don't recognise.
Look for the sounds of Digital Horizons at http://digitalhorizons.bandcamp.com/ and on iTunes, CDBaby, Amazon Downloads and Reverbnation.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Just been listening in to the show. Sounds good.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

Justin wrote:There's a chunk in the first half, 40,50 mins in that I don't recognise.
I think, it's Mystery of life and death from Summer in Nagasaki.

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Thanks for the link ! Listening now... 8)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

Excellent listening! 8)
Mac cuber transfer

Post by Mac cuber transfer »

Listening to the stream now, sounds great!
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I really hope that there were some new arrangements of old favourites, that would be 8)
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Thomas Mc Nulty

Concert as download

Post by Thomas Mc Nulty »

Perhaps T D will consider giving this concert as a Xmas pressie in the fanclub site? After all Finnegan's Wake, The Starmus gig and other CHristmas goodies will be coming soon...