LOOM

RonB
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by RonB »

pb2rdf wrote:Am awake after a short night :D

The Loom concert was very surprising, good quality of music, and some golden oldies (Including Johannes Schmoelling ;-) )
This promises and taste for more in future.

Meeting several TD friends, looks like a reunion .... , all those EM gigs.

After the concert shake hands with Jerome and Johannes, met both first time.

And finally acted as a cab driver for 4 of my TD friends, staying in the same hotel as Loom !!!
At this stay is a very nice story linked to, but that story has to be written, told by themselves, if they would.
At last at home, after getting me some food at the local restaurant.
During my meal at home had a look to my pictures an video's I made.

In between two recordings are uploaded.

Loom playing Quichotte part1 at E-live 2011 by Johannes Schmoelling : only 1st 3 minutes, start of the concert.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E22ErGaxYlw

Loom final encore at E-live 2011 : Choronzon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk4pVtbsYlI

More to follow, at least 3.

Peter.
was this first part not of Tangram?
But it was magical, I am glad to have been a part of this!!
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Thank you pb2rdf for the downloads and report on Loom. I had tickets but had to cancel last minute. I think. . . .no. . . . . .i know I missed a good concert. Hope to see more vids and report, setlist & reviews from others that were there.

I hope they do play some more next year. Maybe around the same time as TD on their European tour.

Looking forward to more VIDS.

Cheers.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

I can't find any words to describe what a stunning performance Loom gave 300 happy souls Saturday evening in Oirschot. That was 2 1/2 hours of pure bliss with grown up men (and a few ladies) sitting with tears in their eyes during long parts of the show.

A special thank you to all my good friends in the TD community who made this weekend a memory for life.

So thank you to my soulmate Stale, TP & C, CJ & Gary, the two gentlemen from Scotland Mr. Ed & Mac, Jakob, Gerry from Hamburg and to Charles and his mate from France for driving us back to Eindhoven Sunday morning.

Stein
Mars

Post by Mars »

bergen-dreamer wrote:I can't find any words to describe what a stunning performance Loom gave 300 happy souls Saturday evening in Oirschot. That was 2 1/2 hours of pure bliss with grown up men (and a few ladies) sitting with tears in their eyes during long parts of the show.

A special thank you to all my good friends in the TD community who made this weekend a memory for life.

So thank you to my soulmate Stale, TP & C, CJ & Gary, the two gentlemen from Scotland Mr. Ed & Mac, Jakob, Gerry from Hamburg and to Charles and his mate from France for driving us back to Eindhoven Sunday morning.

Stein
Well said Stein! We are like an old couple now! :-) Great to meet up with you and rest of the fantastic gang again. Will remember this weekend for a very long time. Such a great performance!
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

And of course a big Thank You to Conrad G. for organizing the meet & greet :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Just found this on FB from Jerome:

Hi all,
Back to Berlin! Will post more infos and things very soon but for the next two days I still need some recovery from the last two months of heavy rehearsing, organizing etc. Thanks to all who have participated on the show, it was real fun! For now, I provide you with the tracklist from saturday (a few of you did ask for it.) Hear ya soon!! best, jerome

Loom Set 1:
01. Palace of Dreams
02. New untitled track by LOOM
03. La Marche
04. Catwalk
05. Going West
06. Matjora is still alive
07. A room in the house closed to the public
08. A long way home
09. Abacus
10. Crystal Red (Jerome/Johannes collaboration title for JF's third solo album)

End Set 1

Loom Set 2
01. Circles
02. Towards the evening star
03. Rise of smooth Automaton
04. My reality at 52 degrees of Latitude
05. Cartoony Universe
06. White Eagle
07. Beach Theme

End Set 2

Encores
01. A Mellow Morning
02. Time and Tide
03. Choronzon

.....sooooooooooooo wish I'd been there.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

...and this from Jerome about the Chronozon clip on YouTube:

Wow, the mobilists were fast! Gotta say that this version is all new (except the drumloop *wink*) greets, J.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Mars

Post by Mars »

Chris Monk wrote:Just found this on FB from Jerome:

Hi all,
Back to Berlin! Will post more infos and things very soon but for the next two days I still need some recovery from the last two months of heavy rehearsing, organizing etc. Thanks to all who have participated on the show, it was real fun! For now, I provide you with the tracklist from saturday (a few of you did ask for it.) Hear ya soon!! best, jerome

Loom Set 1:
01. Palace of Dreams
03. La Marche
04. Catwalk
05. Going West
08. A long way home
09. Abacus

End Set 1

Loom Set 2
01. Circles
05. Cartoony Universe
06. White Eagle
07. Beach Theme

End Set 2

Encores
01. A Mellow Morning
02. Time and Tide
03. Choronzon

Yes, this concert was fantastic! :-)
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

Chris Monk wrote:Just found this on FB from Jerome:

Hi all,

Loom Set 1:
01. Palace of Dreams
03. La Marche
04. Catwalk
05. Going West
08. A long way home
09. Abacus

End Set 1

Loom Set 2
01. Circles
05. Cartoony Universe
06. White Eagle
07. Beach Theme

End Set 2

Encores
01. A Mellow Morning
02. Time and Tide
03. Choronzon

I think that the track from Loom was "The Light that failed" the first track from the nice EP.
In my opinion, it was Beach scene and not Beach theme.

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

bergen-dreamer wrote:And of course a big Thank You to Conrad G. for organizing the meet & greet :)

My pleasure!!! I was very happy to arrange that! ;)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Another superb YouTube clip. This time Loom playing Johannes Schmoelling's Time and Tide. Brilliant solos from both Jerome and Johannes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 0iLW4vaY34
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:Takes me all the way back the 1980. Have to say I'm having to wipe the tears away to watch this.
Wuss ! :wink: :lol:
Sigh! How did we all get this old ? I remember CLEARLY a young Johannes Schmoelling having a great time solo-ing away at various TD gigs in the 80's.

Seems not so long ago, but the dates don't lie.

1980.............30 YEARS passed since then !!!!!!!!!

Good to see he's got over whatever "stage-fright" stopped him playing with Edgar and TD a couple of years back.
Maybe, just maybe, he will play some part in the series of concerts announced recently. Also Jerome ? :D
I saw TD for the first time in 1980 and was blown away. My memories of that show are crystal clear and this just brought them all back. Who could not be moved by that? 30 years; where did they go?

I'd love to see the band play. It's the closest I'll ever get to having a time machine.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Yet another clip. This time Loom playing Beach Scene/Theme and Jerome doing his best "chip-off-the-old-block" routine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8htaukN ... er&list=UL
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Chris Monk wrote:Another superb YouTube clip. This time Loom playing Johannes Schmoelling's Time and Tide. Brilliant solos from both Jerome and Johannes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 0iLW4vaY34
Great live version !

The quality of the footage is superb also. Wonder if Romerium has the rest of the concert.? If so it could be made into a great DVD.

He has uploaded two top-quality videos already. Here's hoping for more.!
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

RonB wrote: was this first part not of Tangram?
But it was magical, I am glad to have been a part of this!!
Hallo RonB,

There is no piano play at the Tangram Album.

I'm very sure the first track of the Loom concert is Quichotte part1, compared it more than once.

grtz, Peter