MOVIE Scores

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

Quite a few clips there from films I've never seen. Nice selection of tracks. Let's hope it brings in some soundtrack work for the mighty TD. Also nice to see that TD are being fairly selective about the type of work they will take.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Erik

Post by Erik »

still can't get these clips to work...
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Jon

Post by Jon »

Erik wrote:
i didn't know identification of a woman had an original score
I don't think it had.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Good news from Eastgate:

TANGERINE DREAM recently got some offers for scoring movies again - and think that they will decide for one or the other, but this takes time, so don't expect results too fast.:-)
In any case we will keep you updated!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Jon wrote:Good news from Eastgate:

TANGERINE DREAM recently got some offers for scoring movies again - and think that they will decide for one or the other, but this takes time, so don't expect results too fast.:-)
In any case we will keep you updated!
Things are moving a pace for TD then. Thought they might. Must be a fair queue of people wanting TD to do soundtracks for them.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

I don't know why a consumer of music can be pleased about this new direction of scoring movies again. Of course I'm glad for them if they get such jobs and earn money with that and their self-realization will be successful.
But this is their matter. What will I have of this? Not very well enjoyable short musical clips? Even if there would be longer tracks: no need for me sitting in front of the TV or in the cinema to listen to the music I prefer - and if a soundtrack CD with longer tracks will be released, I don't need the movie.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Cyclone wrote:I don't know why a consumer of music can be pleased about this new direction of scoring movies again. Of course I'm glad for them if they get such jobs and earn money with that and their self-realization will be successful.
But this is their matter. What will I have of this? Not very well enjoyable short musical clips? Even if there would be longer tracks: no need for me sitting in front of the TV or in the cinema to listen to the music I prefer - and if a soundtrack CD with longer tracks will be released, I don't need the movie.
Well, there are thousands of soundtrack fans out there. You are not one of them, that's perfectly fine, but don't except everyone else to agree. I think TD's music is perfect for the movies. I have missed them in that scene.

Your post is plain negativity.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Check this one out, music by Edgar:

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B003U79JB6/ref= ... xob04TNC0F
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Jon wrote:
Cyclone wrote:I don't know why a consumer of music can be pleased about this new direction of scoring movies again. Of course I'm glad for them if they get such jobs and earn money with that and their self-realization will be successful.
Well, there are thousands of soundtrack fans out there. You are not one of them, that's perfectly fine, but don't except everyone else to agree. I think TD's music is perfect for the movies. I have missed them in that scene.

Your post is plain negativity.
Depends on the film and it depends on the music but given TD's previous soundtrack work I think that it's very promising. Given that TD are being fairly selective about what they will take on then I expect good things.
mikewp

Post by mikewp »

I'm not exactly sure how it can be a bad thing at all, so am confused as to what the above post means. If TD does score more films, most certainly the music will be released, either through TD or a soundtrack boutique label. You seem to say if the soundtrack cues are shorter you won't enjoy it , and if they're edited into longer suites you seem to complain you won't need the movie...? :D Good will abounds but... huh?

It is nothing but good news.

NOW...if we can just get some of these older scores re-released in expanded/complete versions!
ant

Post by ant »

:? I also cannot see the logic behind the comment on TD doing Soundtracks. I personally loved a lot of their earlier soundtrack work and enjoy watching the films too. I am very keen on Edgar taking up this aspect of his work again and look forward very much to first one be it on cd or DVD!! :D
Biggus Dickus
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

ant wrote::? I also cannot see the logic behind the comment on TD doing Soundtracks. I personally loved a lot of their earlier soundtrack work and enjoy watching the films too. I am very keen on Edgar taking up this aspect of his work again and look forward very much to first one be it on cd or DVD!! :D
quite agree ....................i would love any of the unreleased old stuff as well .............not greedy am i ?
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

It might also increase TD's profile. It seems to me that many people know TD by listening to Love on a Real Train from Risky Business.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

TD doing movie scores again is interesting. Hoping for some cool movies and cool music.
Also hope for a massive re-release project of older movie scores. It's about time. :-)
har

Post by har »

Insvims wrote:TD doing movie scores again is interesting. Hoping for some cool movies and cool music.
Also hope for a massive re-release project of older movie scores. It's about time. :-)
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Plus world wide !! ( especially UK :wink: ) re-release DVDs/BRs of Canyon Dreams (to replace my VHS), Oasis which I have never seen ( :cry: ) and all the old films ESPECIALLY SORCERER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :!: