Worst TD tracks

sparrow
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by sparrow »

Chris Monk wrote:
burningbrain wrote:Worst? All tracks with that "Aaaaaheeeee"-Vocalsample.
Liked it at first....

...but it got a little over utilised.
Worse thah Ahhhhhhhhhheeeeee was the hey yeah on VFART.
Erik

Post by Erik »

it was only prominent in a couple tracks (if my memory serves me right)
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

sparrow wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Liked it at first....

Worse thah Ahhhhhhhhhheeeeee was the hey yeah on VFART.
Is this the voice of Jayney Klimek (who featured on Divine Comedy & TOTT)?
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Chris Monk wrote:
Liked it at first....

There are some of these on The Island of the Fay also, but I think it only adds to the mood of the album. Not overused. And I can't help but really like that vocal sample.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Insvims wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Liked it at first....

There are some of these on The Island of the Fay also, but I think it only adds to the mood of the album. Not overused. And I can't help but really like that vocal sample.
Will listen to this with interest.

Actually I was listening to the Lisbon DVD this morning and much enjoying the vocals samples used throughout, especially on Carmel Calif. Top stuff.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
PurpleTwilight

Post by PurpleTwilight »

To be honest, I'm not really fond of the vocal sfx on Views From A Red Train. I can live with 'em, but they actually leave me pining for Steve Jolliffe's singing on Cyclone. I can smell the death threats already.

To date, I'm not aware of any truly "worst" tracks. But one incredibly disappointing one would be 'Rolling Down Cahuenga' from Melrose. It starts off promising, with a nice 'Enjoy The Silence'-esque bassline, but quickly loses focus and starts meandering for several minutes. I don't usually skip tracks I dislike, but I tire of this one too quickly.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Don't like Optical Race (the track) very much.
I really love the album, but the title track is too "pop".
Erik

Post by Erik »

the title track^ has always reminded me of old Sonic games for some reason.....
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Jon

Post by Jon »

PurpleTwilight wrote:To be honest, I'm not really fond of the vocal sfx on Views From A Red Train. I can live with 'em, but they actually leave me pining for Steve Jolliffe's singing on Cyclone. I can smell the death threats already.

To date, I'm not aware of any truly "worst" tracks. But one incredibly disappointing one would be 'Rolling Down Cahuenga' from Melrose. It starts off promising, with a nice 'Enjoy The Silence'-esque bassline, but quickly loses focus and starts meandering for several minutes. I don't usually skip tracks I dislike, but I tire of this one too quickly.
Really disagree about Cahuenga. was one of my early TD favorites in the early 90s.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Jon wrote:
PurpleTwilight wrote:To be honest, I'm not really fond of the vocal sfx on Views From A Red Train. I can live with 'em, but they actually leave me pining for Steve Jolliffe's singing on Cyclone. I can smell the death threats already.

Really disagree about Cahuenga. was one of my early TD favorites in the early 90s.
Yeh. Nice tune. Not one of TD's very best but still very pleasant to listen to. Have to admit that it doesn't go anywhere very much but that doesn't make it a bad track.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Erik

Post by Erik »

first time i heard it was Arizona, so i might be biased towards it. i think it's great
PurpleTwilight

Post by PurpleTwilight »

I consider Melrose a rather odd album. For me, there's something desolate-sounding about the tracks in general that wasn't present in previous or later albums. Maybe it's the songwriting, the instrumentation, the production, etc. Strangely enough, my two favorites are 'Three Bikes In The Sky' and 'Cool At Heart,' which didn't seem too popular among fan reviews I've read.

I'm not too fond of 'Girls On Broadway' from Rockoon, although I've heard that many fans really like the song. It gets points for being somewhat creative in its arrangement, but I think the major-key doesn't do it for me. I never skip it, though, since it's not that bad.

Going back to the song 'Optical Race,' I keep imagining it as an inspiration for 'Under The Sea' from Disney's The Little Mermaid.
Erik

Post by Erik »

girls on broadway is cool as a cucumber
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

To have remembered some "worst" tracks, that means already they had a tune or something remarkable... Which isn't the case for a few dozens of tracks from TD, for instance many on "Mota Atma", "Transsiberia" or several of their soundtracks form the 80's...
OK, the five first albums hardly had any melody either, but the guys were experimenting with new sounds at least, and there were some special harmonies... not just two notes or two chords going nowhere over a bed of programmed rhythms without any specificity.
The "main title" from Sorcerer is quite meaningless as well.
And this is a man who loves some of their atonal music who speaks.
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

I love love love every track on Melrose, it's a very fine album 8)

Girls on Broadway is extremely cool 8)

Optical race, the title track is a youthful and enjoyable track if you can keep up with its energy. I love it 8)
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle