=== NEW CONCERT in 2011 & NEW RELEASES in November 2010

Ravnnet
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Ravnnet »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

TangFanIRL wrote:
GlynRichards wrote:
TangFanIRL wrote:About to book flights for Tommy, David and myself, even though no sign of tickets on sale yet! Two months before the concert, it's about time they were available so people can get cheaper flights...

It'll be a blast.
Did you book these? :oops:
YES I DID! not good AND DOUBLE not good! :-(
Whilst this is obviously a VERY annoying change of date, EB did say on the first announcement on this thread "PS: Please still wait with booking flights to Spain until you'll receive more details on our website soon."

Now, "soon" is a word that has very vague meaning in the TD universe so it's evident that people want to get things booked. I would not have been able to afford the March date as there was not enought time to save. I may have been able to afford the June date now BUT the boss at work put her holiday dates on the calendar last week....19th June for 2 weeks :evil: .
So I couldn't go now even IF i did have funds... :roll:
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
TangFanIRL wrote:
GlynRichards wrote: Did you book these? :oops:
Whilst this is obviously a VERY annoying change of date, EB did say on the first announcement on this thread "PS: Please still wait with booking flights to Spain until you'll receive more details on our website soon."

Now, "soon" is a word that has very vague meaning in the TD universe so it's evident that people want to get things booked. I would not have been able to afford the March date as there was not enought time to save. I may have been able to afford the June date now BUT the boss at work put her holiday dates on the calendar last week....19th June for 2 weeks :evil: .
It was likely that I could have gone in March, although I would have missed Ellis' birthday weekend. However, I think June will be too expensive for me. :cry:
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
TangFanIRL wrote:
GlynRichards wrote: Did you book these? :oops:

At the end of the day this looks to be one of those situations that is beyond the control of TD and Starmus are to be blame for this cock-up. Starmus should have let people know they were thinking of moving the Festival to warn people. I wanted to avail of an airline sale that ends soon, so I booked flights, on Monday of this week I took a chance and made a bad call on this occasion. C'est la vie. Will still go though for the fun, Tommy will have us in stitches for the weekend I'm sure. Anyone else get caught out with flights? Or is it just us?! ;-)
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately we have to inform you that the STARMUS Festival Organizing Committee did postpone the whole event –
conferences and Tangerine Dream concert – from originally March to the week of 20 - 25 th JUNE 2011!

New date: TANGERINE DREAM STARLIGHT CONCERT “SONIC UNIVERSE” – Friday, 24th June 2011

TICKET SALES: beginning of February

Honestly, we weren’t amused about it….but finally had no influence in that decision as the majority of STARMUS organizers
voted for this change due to many reasons (see official announcement below).

We deeply apologize to all fans who already booked flight tickets (although we recommended in our concert announcement
to wait for further news before flight ticket purchase…) and maybe hotel already, we know that it is very annoying to rebook or cancel things.
Although this accidental case of ‘force majeure’ occurred, we still hope that we will meet some of you at the concert in June.

PS: Please read the official announcement from the STARMUS facebook website below:

-----------------
"BREAKING NEWS!! STARMUS FESTIVAL CHANGES ITS SCHEDULE!!!!! IT IS GOING TO BE 20-25 JUNE 2011!!!! NEW OPPORTUNITY TO COME... SEE THE NEXT TEXT TO KNOW MORE:

In recent weeks we have received many suggestions regarding the desirability of rescheduling for STARMUS Festival. The dates chosen for the month of March 2011 presented for a large segment of space enthusiasts certain problems related to the logistics of travel to the Canary Islands and incompatibilities with annual vacations. Therefore, after consultation with speakers, astronauts, musicians, sponsors and organizations, and in response to these demands, the Advisory Board and the Organizing Committee have decided to set the final date for Starmus Festival for June 20-25, 2011 to facilitate and guarantee the widest participation in this important event.

-----------------
Best,
EB (ADMIN)
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Ravnnet wrote:Sorry

:cry:

Do you have tickets for the show?
No. Are you involved Peter in organising this event?
Ravnnet

Post by Ravnnet »

No
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Ravnnet wrote:No
If you had been we'd have been better informed!! I'm not angry with TD but I am with Starmus. To make big announcements about a festival and then to change the dates without warning is quite unprofessional. Especially from a group of people that should know better. Sorry for my rant but I'm peaved to say the least.
Ravnnet

Post by Ravnnet »

100% agreed.

It is a quite strange way that festival organizes itself
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

TangFanIRL wrote:
If you had been we'd have been better informed!! I'm not angry with TD but I am with Starmus. To make big announcements about a festival and then to change the dates without warning is quite unprofessional. Especially from a group of people that should know better. Sorry for my rant but I'm peaved to say the least.
Yes. Maybe they should have been astrologers rather than astronomers.
Then they would have "seen it in the stars" that the March date would be unsuitable. :lol: :lol:
Ravnnet

Post by Ravnnet »

Yes :wink:

and now we know that TD's concert is 24th june - let's hope we can tickets this time....
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

TangFanIRL wrote:
What do you mean "without warning"? The warned you now. Should they announce the festival, and at the same time announce that the date is changed? I am sure they warned everyone as soon as they knew it would change. Things are re-scheduled all the time. And this was even many weeks ahead of the event.
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Insvims wrote:
TangFanIRL wrote:
What do you mean "without warning"? The warned you now. Should they announce the festival, and at the same time announce that the date is changed? I am sure they warned everyone as soon as they knew it would change. Things are re-scheduled all the time. And this was even many weeks ahead of the event.
What do I mean? I'll tell you what I mean. They announced the festival as being in March. Then they bring their site offline and announce on Facebook it has been postponed to June. There was no warning about this postponement. I'm pretty sure they had a good idea a week or two ago that the March dates were unlikely to happen and yet they didn't warn people. That was my point. If I had got such a warning I wouldn't have wasted 600 Euros on flights for 3 people. Now do you understand my meaning?
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

I can see both sides of this discussion. I think Insvims is referring to this bit on the first post of the gig...

PS: Please still wait with booking flights to Spain until you'll receive more details on our website soon.

But, I can fully understand why Conrad booked the flights (cos I nearly did) and is well peeved with the change. I mean how close to the gig should be have actually left it before trying to book flights, accomodation and genereal arrangements.

Not the bands fault though.

Still harsh.
Last edited by GlynRichards on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

TangFanIRL wrote:
Insvims wrote:
TangFanIRL wrote: If you had been we'd have been better informed!! I'm not angry with TD but I am with Starmus. To make big announcements about a festival and then to change the dates without warning is quite unprofessional. Especially from a group of people that should know better. Sorry for my rant but I'm peaved to say the least.
What do I mean? I'll tell you what I mean. They announced the festival as being in March. Then they bring their site offline and announce on Facebook it has been postponed to June. There was no warning about this postponement. I'm pretty sure they had a good idea a week or two ago that the March dates were unlikely to happen and yet they didn't warn people. That was my point. If I had got such a warning I wouldn't have wasted 600 Euros on flights for 3 people. Now do you understand my meaning?
Yes, but I wonder how you can know that they knew this two weeks ago. It seems like they have come to a decision about this after discussing with all the involved parts, and as soon as possible after that made a "press release" about the re-schedule. So I still don't know exactly what you meant by saying they did this "without warning". It is in everybodys interest to tell people about cancellations or change of dates as early as possible. I don't see how they could warn people before they had made a decision on this.