ASTORIA 20TH APRIL 2007-LIMITED ED CD

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
wayfarer wrote:A great Cd and souvenir of a superb gig! Sphinx Lightning was the first track that I ever heard of TD's, so I was on Seventh Heaven at hearing that, despite the screw-up! :D
What happened? I missed this bit
was that the track that they had a little trouble getting started? There was a pregnant pause, for a few seconds, at one point and the band were all looking at Edgar expectantly.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tangerine-Dream-S ... dZViewItem

Bit naughty considering your be able to get it from CD Services for the price it was sold at the gig. how many copies of this are there?
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
wayfarer wrote:A great Cd and souvenir of a superb gig! Sphinx Lightning was the first track that I ever heard of TD's, so I was on Seventh Heaven at hearing that, despite the screw-up! :D
What happened? I missed this bit
was that the track that they had a little trouble getting started? There was a pregnant pause, for a few seconds, at one point and the band were all looking at Edgar expectantly.
During a transition, Edgar messed up what I believe was a preset, and a sound effect was heard throwing off the flow of the track.
24db

Post by 24db »

wayfarer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote: What happened? I missed this bit
During a transition, Edgar messed up what I believe was a preset, and a sound effect was heard throwing off the flow of the track.
He was whincing during a plane sound effect as well :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
wayfarer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: was that the track that they had a little trouble getting started? There was a pregnant pause, for a few seconds, at one point and the band were all looking at Edgar expectantly.
The guy shouldn't worry, I doubt many people noticed.
timer

Post by timer »

cantosis wrote:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tangerine-Dream-S ... dZViewItem

Bit naughty considering your be able to get it from CD Services for the price it was sold at the gig. how many copies of this are there?
This is the same person who put SBE DVD on for £30 before the majority had it !.
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

cantosis wrote:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tangerine-Dream-S ... dZViewItem

Ouch?

There's one on there for 40 Euro! (and he's got 4 copies for sale)
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

24db wrote:
wayfarer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: was that the track that they had a little trouble getting started? There was a pregnant pause, for a few seconds, at one point and the band were all looking at Edgar expectantly.
Yep - I remember that bit - I think it had come in too loud, so he tweaked some knobs on the top keyboard and turned down the volume.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Oh yes! this is trully marvelous.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
24db

Post by 24db »

I haven't even had a chance to play it yet! :(
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

A lovely cd, first two track....80's reworked
So the first track is Sphinx Lightning reworked. What original track is Lady Monk based on?
Justin

Post by Justin »

Lady Monk sounds like it's based on Zen Garden from Le Parc. I may be wrong but from memory i think that is the origin.
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

Justin wrote:Lady Monk sounds like it's based on Zen Garden from Le Parc. I may be wrong but from memory i think that is the origin.
You could be right.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I like this EP very much,a think its rather excellent :D :D :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Justin wrote:Lady Monk sounds like it's based on Zen Garden from Le Parc. I may be wrong but from memory i think that is the origin.
If it's not based on Zen Garden then there are a lot of samples from Zen Garden on it.