Madcap's Flaming Duty - forthcoming live performance

Lucan
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Madcap's Flaming Duty - forthcoming live performance

Post by Lucan »

I, being in New Zealand, will sadly not be able to attend this show. And they're never coming here (tho' I understand they played in Auckland in 1975) so it's unlikely that I'll ever see TD live. But that's irrelevant. Listening to MFD, I noticed that a few of the songs, "One Hour Of Madness" for instance, have rather extensive backing vocals. Herr Hausl would have done it all in the studio thanks to the magic of multi track recording, but how do you suppose they're going to handle this live? Rearrange the songs to dispense with backing vocals? Get more singers in? Use prerecorded backing vocals? Or - and this is my favourite of all the possibilities - d'you think maybe Edgar and Thorsten might do a little singing?
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

If Edgar and Thorsten provide a few vocals I for one would rate Friday's gig as the very greatest of all time - the shock would be just too much 8)

My feeling is that TD will play as live as we know it with some 'pre loaded....backing'....howsoever it will be a great gig, how can TD fail? Its Tangerine Dream playing live, it dont get any better than that :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Edgar and Thorsten singing :shock: Now that would be a BIG shock......but perhaps Edgar fancies himself as a Barry Gibb lookalike :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

I imagine that they'll use patches for the extra vocal sounds. I'm not that technically knowledgeable about such things. :?
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Maybe Jayney Klimek will be called upon again and give the vocals a little twist
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

bigmoog wrote:If Edgar and Thorsten provide a few vocals I for one would rate Friday's gig as the very greatest of all time - the shock would be just too much 8)

My feeling is that TD will play as live as we know it with some 'pre loaded....backing'....howsoever it will be a great gig, how can TD fail? Its Tangerine Dream playing live, it dont get any better than that :arrow:
Thorsten was lipsinking the words for Loved by the Sun at the Videodrom gig. Could this have been prep for the Astoria?

....seriously doubt it but you never know. I've been wrong before. I remember telling my mates that a band I saw in concert would never amount to much.............that band was called Van Halen. :oops:
24db

Re: Madcap's Flaming Duty - forthcoming live performance

Post by 24db »

Lucan wrote:I, being in New Zealand, will sadly not be able to attend this show. And they're never coming here (tho' I understand they played in Auckland in 1975) so it's unlikely that I'll ever see TD live. But that's irrelevant. Listening to MFD, I noticed that a few of the songs, "One Hour Of Madness" for instance, have rather extensive backing vocals. Herr Hausl would have done it all in the studio thanks to the magic of multi track recording, but how do you suppose they're going to handle this live? Rearrange the songs to dispense with backing vocals? Get more singers in? Use prerecorded backing vocals? Or - and this is my favourite of all the possibilities - d'you think maybe Edgar and Thorsten might do a little singing?
It's never been proved that that NZ gig happened...shame :(
All the backing vocals can come off hard drive these days, Edgar sing? he can't sing, but he's said a couple of times he wished he could.

I dare say they'll be one or two surprises at the gig.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Perhaps Edgar will do a touch of Ballerina Adorned in Tutu :arrow: :twisted:
Janus

Post by Janus »

epsilon75 wrote:Perhaps Edgar will do a touch of Ballerina Adorned in Tutu :arrow: :twisted:
you got me very concerned now colin what with the after show
whatsit at the ASTORIA :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink:
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Janus wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Perhaps Edgar will do a touch of Ballerina Adorned in Tutu :arrow: :twisted:
Oh Well " Bottoms Up :shock: :arrow: :wink:
Janus

Post by Janus »

:shock: :D :D :D
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

epsilon75 wrote:
Janus wrote:
Oh Well " Bottoms Up :shock: :arrow: :wink:

colin, my supplies have arrived from thee ass whole spammer that you requested....do yer want the 12incher or the double ended two speed?

i have my wubber mask....so we are in with a shout :shock: :shock:
...The wise.....are silent.....
Lucan

Post by Lucan »

Well, I know Thorsten can sing. He got vocal credits for some of the Picture Palace Music stuff. I've still not heard any of that, but since I dig Thorsten's work with TD, I'm definitely going to.
Janus

Post by Janus »

I know whatever the outcome its sure going to interesting Lucan, Iris I'm
sure will play a fair part in it all 8)
Lucan

Post by Lucan »

I hadn't thought of the possibility of Iris doing some singing. That's just embarrassing!