Traffic & Singing ?

stygof
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Traffic & Singing ?

Post by stygof »

Just been watching some of the Youtube clips from RAH, what a damn shame there won't be an official DVD...
Did you enjoy the Thorsten version of Satie with those wonderful traffic sounds woven in, or did they interfere with it for you? Me - I thought they really added to it :D
What about Iris' singing during the intro to Logos? Again, I was captivated by it, but did it hit the spot for you?
TDludo

Re: Traffic & Singing ?

Post by TDludo »

stygof wrote:Just been watching some of the Youtube clips from RAH, what a damn shame there won't be an official DVD...
Did you enjoy the Thorsten version of Satie with those wonderful traffic sounds woven in, or did they interfere with it for you? Me - I thought they really added to it :D
What about Iris' singing during the intro to Logos? Again, I was captivated by it, but did it hit the spot for you?
I think the traffic sounds and the images of walking people were an excellent addition to the "Gymnopédie n°1".
You can listen to it on the webpage : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gymnopédies_(Satie)

And Iris' singing was simply wonderful. I think it could have been much longer. (I even managed to compliment her after the concert...)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
tdream4ever

Re: Traffic & Singing ?

Post by tdream4ever »

stygof wrote:Just been watching some of the Youtube clips from RAH, what a damn shame there won't be an official DVD...
When I first heard about Iris singing. . . . . :shock: . . . . . I thought oh nooo, but when I heard her inside the RAH singing into Logo's, I thought very 8) . Iris's vocals blending into Logo's was perfect. I was ready for another 3-4 hours of Dream music. But then. . . . . . interval. 2nd set was the best. :D :D :D :D
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Iris's singing was absolutely beautiful and was perfect to the Logos intro and I wanted it to last longer. I truly hope that there will be much more of Iris singing in future TD music instead of vocal samples. Norwegian Wood was really great aswell. I really enjoyed Satie's First Gynopedie played on the grand piano and the traffic noises seemed to add a contrast to it.
Le Combat du Sang

Post by Le Combat du Sang »

I have to agree about using Iris's voice rather than the samples. She has a beautiful voice, and is a beautiful woman. The intro to Logos was one of the highlights of the RAH for me. Made the hairs in my neck stand up.
intercorni

Post by intercorni »

Le Combat du Sang wrote:I have to agree about using Iris's voice rather than the samples. She has a beautiful voice, and is a beautiful woman. The intro to Logos was one of the highlights of the RAH for me. Made the hairs in my neck stand up.
Iris's voice is on the Dante CD something out of tune. That does not sound good, I do not like :-(
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Traffic sounds - Fine by me. Just added to the atmosphere IMO.

Iris' singing - Also fine by me. Could have stood a bit more to be honest. Again, it just added to atmosphere.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
24db

Post by 24db »

perhaps TD should have more singing?
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:perhaps TD should have more singing?
that's fighting talk :twisted:
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:
perhaps they should drop the synths as well?...let's be honest...perhaps we've heard almost everything that they're capable of...the synths I mean

;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
perhaps they should drop the synths as well?...let's be honest...perhaps we've heard almost everything that they're capable of...the synths I mean

;)

a synthesiser what can produce an infinite variety of sounds is only limited by the musician's imagination and ability to be bothered. (imho) :D
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote: that's fighting talk :twisted:

;)

a synthesiser what can produce an infinite variety of sounds is only limited by the musician's imagination and ability to be bothered. (imho) :D
anybody who's ever even dropped their sandwiches on one (Ah...Tony D you are missed) will know that Synths aren't limitless, everything is limited...and in the end no matter what you'll repeat yourself. TD need to move back into the Orchestral palate...perhaps Supernanny is available?
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote: perhaps they should drop the synths as well?...let's be honest...perhaps we've heard almost everything that they're capable of...the synths I mean

;)

anybody who's ever even dropped their sandwiches on one (Ah...Tony D you are missed) will know that Synths aren't limitless, everything is limited...and in the end no matter what you'll repeat yourself. TD need to move back into the Orchestral palate...perhaps Supernanny is available?
I accept your excuse for the failings of musicians' originality and the lack of randomness in analog synthesis

I would be very happy indeed to hear a TD album that is totally different to everything they have ever released in 40 ears.....and is not synthesiser or laptop softsinthe created
24db

Post by 24db »

BM...you know I'm right ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Must have been a few cardboard cut-outs at this concert from various locations :wink: :P