Where are they now, these once active TD fans?

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

cantosis wrote:People spend too much time talking about music and not enough time listening to it 8)
Despite rumours put about by my wife I can multi-task. I can do both at the same time. :wink:

NP TD - Zeitgeist CD
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Jon

Post by Jon »

cantosis wrote:People spend too much time talking about music and not enough time listening to it 8)
True.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Jason Hopkins disappeared completely after Voyager came to an end in 1998. He was never active online. Niall Dew disappeared too, although he showed up on emportal.info some time ago with some info about why Voyager stopped.

Strange about Tangmaster though. From thousands of posts to zero.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Jon wrote:Strange about Tangmaster though. From thousands of posts to zero.
At the time I think he did say that things were changing in his personal life and that he wouldn't be able to contribute as much. I don't think he's fallen out with TD's music and he does reappear every now and again.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Chris Monk wrote:
Jon wrote:Strange about Tangmaster though. From thousands of posts to zero.
At the time I think he did say that things were changing in his personal life and that he wouldn't be able to contribute as much. I don't think he's fallen out with TD's music and he does reappear every now and again.
yes, I think Hans has his hands full with being a grandfather,still It would be good to see all the lost TD fans posting again :)
...The wise.....are silent.....
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Jon wrote:Jason Hopkins disappeared completely after Voyager came to an end in 1998. He was never active online. Niall Dew disappeared too, although he showed up on emportal.info some time ago with some info about why Voyager stopped.

what were the reasons why voyager stopped?,I have an idea why it might have but would like to know what was actually said about it
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
Jon wrote:Jason Hopkins disappeared completely after Voyager came to an end in 1998. He was never active online. Niall Dew disappeared too, although he showed up on emportal.info some time ago with some info about why Voyager stopped.

what were the reasons why voyager stopped?,I have an idea why it might have but would like to know what was actually said about it
fess up dude?
Jon

Post by Jon »

cantosis wrote:

I guess it took too much time and effort. They had plans of an online version, but it never materialized.
24db

Post by 24db »

Jon wrote:
cantosis wrote:

I guess it took too much time and effort. They had plans of an online version, but it never materialized.
I seem to remember there was an online version with some content uploaded...but websites take way too much work, so I can't blame them when they pulled the plug on it
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I think volume (17) being a double issue was the last from Voyager.....shame it finished,it was a good magazine.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

epsilon75 wrote:I think volume (17) being a double issue was the last from Voyager.....shame it finished,it was a good magazine.
It was a godsend for me. It's too easy to forget what life was like in those pre-internet days.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

billythefish wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:I think volume (17) being a double issue was the last from Voyager.....shame it finished,it was a good magazine.
It was a godsend for me. It's too easy to forget what life was like in those pre-internet days.
Very true Stephen. Voyager was a hugely valuable source of TD/EM info for those without internet.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
billythefish wrote:
Very true Stephen. Voyager was a hugely valuable source of TD/EM info for those without internet.
brilliant magazine, that's why I kept mine :)
24db

Post by 24db »

back on subject, it's a shame that so many 'real' TD fans have faded away over the years
Le Combat du Sang

Post by Le Combat du Sang »

24db wrote:back on subject, it's a shame that so many 'real' TD fans have faded away over the years
What constitutes a "real" TD fan? :?