'optical limits'

Erik
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

'optical limits'

Post by Erik »

does anybody know the correct date and venue of this show? i've seen it labeled as 1988.09.09 (the date of tangerine tree vol. 42), but i'm pretty sure that isn't the same show, based on the track order and the transitions, there's just no way it's the same day.

i've also seen it dated as 1988.09.04, but i don't think they even had a show on that day.
bigmoog

Re: 'optical limits'

Post by bigmoog »

Erik wrote:does anybody know the correct date and venue of this show? i've seen it labeled as 1988.09.09 (the date of tangerine tree vol. 42), but i'm pretty sure that isn't the same show, based on the track order and the transitions, there's just no way it's the same day.

i've also seen it dated as 1988.09.04, but i don't think they even had a show on that day.

I would answer you as I have the CDR and a date in front of me, but Im trying to log into another TD forum at the moment and it appears the admin has locked me out :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: oh woe is the BM woe....'tis very sad innit :P :P
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Re: 'optical limits'

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:
Erik wrote:does anybody know the correct date and venue of this show? i've seen it labeled as 1988.09.09 (the date of tangerine tree vol. 42), but i'm pretty sure that isn't the same show, based on the track order and the transitions, there's just no way it's the same day.

I would answer you as I have the CDR and a date in front of me, but Im trying to log into another TD forum at the moment and it appears the admin has locked me out :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: oh woe is the BM woe....'tis very sad innit :P :P
Ask his right hand man to let you in :wink: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Erik

Post by Erik »

i do believe there is a chance it's 09.06, a show in boston
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Zebbyworld has some good concert date info if you don't know that site already:

http://www.aztec.ms

then navigate to 1988 tourdates
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

Erik wrote:i do believe there is a chance it's 09.06, a show in boston
Seems so, yes. From the TD Bootleg Tracklisting:
OPTICAL LIMITS
Recorded September 6, 1988 Boston, MA, USA, except [Alexander Square] from unknown venue.
(The music material has been taken from Spherical Harmonics and improved, including
cross-fades that were not present on the original to give a 'virtual live' effect.)
Erik

Post by Erik »

ah, i should have known to check that site. thank you!
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

I'm kinda curious what "crossfades" means BTW. Weren't the '88 concerts (just like almost everything from TD) well bridged, with no real pauses for extra applause?
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

Erik, if you're looking for specific data, the show was recorded at the Sommerville Theater in Sommerville, Massachusetts - not in the city of Boston as most records show (but in a suburb of).
24db

Post by 24db »

reviewed the next day in the The Boston Globe (Tangerine Dream’s astral journeys) by Steve Morse
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

24db wrote:reviewed the next day in the The Boston Globe (Tangerine Dream’s astral journeys) by Steve Morse
Super show - but odd that the gig was excluded from the tour shirts (as it was scheduled to be part of the tour from the get-go).
24db

Post by 24db »

Beaubourg wrote:
24db wrote:reviewed the next day in the The Boston Globe (Tangerine Dream’s astral journeys) by Steve Morse
Super show - but odd that the gig was excluded from the tour shirts (as it was scheduled to be part of the tour from the get-go).
plus 'at least' 2 other gigs that were cancelled (between TD's tour poster being printed and the gigs)
Erik

Post by Erik »

Beaubourg wrote:
Erik, if you're looking for specific data, the show was recorded at the Sommerville Theater in Sommerville, Massachusetts - not in the city of Boston as most records show (but in a suburb of).
thank you very much!

i also have a Radio Eins recording from 2001. i know they had a few from that year, but i'm not sure what specific date. it's called "Listener's Poll".