Television

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: TD on TV!

Post by Chris Monk »

Justin wrote:Ok, nothing to get carried away with, but TD did get a very brief clip on the 'I'm In A Rock And Roll Band' doc on BBC2 at 10pm tonight. Just a snippet from the Coventry Cathedral tape showing Chris Franke behind the keys. The show was highlighting the role of the 'Other One' in the band line up after the previous shows dealing with the singer, lead guitarist and drummer previous weeks. Some may say Franke could be described as the 'Other One' in TD !!! Mabey the forthcoming Edgar book may shed more or less light on this. Don't know enough about the inner workings of 70's-80's TD to sign up to this view but sure would be an interesting read.
Saw that. Had enough time to say "That's Chris Franke" to my wife before he was gone. Not worth seeing really.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Justin

Post by Justin »

Definately a case of blink and you'll miss it!
Look for the sounds of Digital Horizons at http://digitalhorizons.bandcamp.com/ and on iTunes, CDBaby, Amazon Downloads and Reverbnation.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

There was a rather good program adout Dali on the BBC the other night. I wasn't able to watch it at the time but managed to view it on the iPlayer.

The link is:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... ters_Dali/

Sadly on available to UK viewers.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Chris Monk wrote:There was a rather good program adout Dali on the BBC the other night. I wasn't able to watch it at the time but managed to view it on the iPlayer.

The link is:

yes, interesting and a good programme...it didnt tell me anything I didnt know already, but its great to see BBC 1 doing decent Art Docs... :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

Chris Monk wrote:There was a rather good program adout Dali on the BBC the other night. I wasn't able to watch it at the time but managed to view it on the iPlayer.

The link is:

Cheers Chris
24db

Post by 24db »

The link is:

I watched it at the time...not at all bad
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Yep, it was a good program. Young chap presenting it was very good. Hadn't realised how much Dali was influenced by the coastline of Northern Spain.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:Yep, it was a good program. Young chap presenting it was very good. Hadn't realised how much Dali was influenced by the coastline of Northern Spain.
don't forget the other 3 episodes are on the i-player...I saw the one on Picasso last night...pretty good
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:Yep, it was a good program. Young chap presenting it was very good. Hadn't realised how much Dali was influenced by the coastline of Northern Spain.
btw Edgar is really influenced by Van Gogh
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

24db wrote:
I love Van Gogh's artwork (as I do for numerous artists, i.e. Zdzisław Beksiński, Claude Monet (Haystacks are brilliant), Salvador Dalí, Urs Amann, and others.
24db

Post by 24db »

SequenceC wrote:
24db wrote:
I love Van Gogh's artwork (as I do for numerous artists, i.e. Zdzisław Beksiński, Claude Monet (Haystacks are brilliant), Salvador Dalí, Urs Amann, and others.
I've been told we 'might' get something from Edgar that was influenced by Vincent sometime...starts BM like Vigil

I'd recommend Lucian Freud
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
don't forget the other 3 episodes are on the i-player...I saw the one on Picasso last night...pretty good
Just watched the Picasso program. Also very good. Will probably watch the other two over the next few days. Nice to see the BBC doing some interesting programs for a change.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
Just watched the Picasso program. Also very good. Will probably watch the other two over the next few days. Nice to see the BBC doing some interesting programs for a change.
Anybody see the one on the Rolling Stones the other night? might have to catch up with this (I'm no fan of their music, but I doubt whether it would dull)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote: don't forget the other 3 episodes are on the i-player...I saw the one on Picasso last night...pretty good
Anybody see the one on the Rolling Stones the other night? might have to catch up with this (I'm no fan of their music, but I doubt whether it would dull)
actually very interesting indeed and Im no fan
...The wise.....are silent.....
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

Might watch that too, don't know that much about the band.