If you had to pick one album only and one track only...

coldwater
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by coldwater »

album: encore
track: yellowstone park

anybody like me scared to overlisten to a fave track in case you get fed up with it? i have not listened to cold water canyon for ages because of this.
Its only the hairs on a gooseberry that stops it from being a grape...a penguin is just a posh bourbon.
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Album: Zeit
Track: Desert Dream
Pergamon_PB

Post by Pergamon_PB »

coldwater wrote:album: encore

anybody like me scared to overlisten to a fave track in case you get fed up with it? i have not listened to cold water canyon for ages because of this.
Maybe with other artists but NEVER with TD
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Pergamon_PB wrote:

Maybe with other artists but NEVER with TD
I do tire of some tracks...there are some albums(not just TD) I just don't play no more because I playe them to death.
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

Current favourite TD track:

Journey Through a Burning Brain (Reise durch ein brennendes Gehirn)
COOTHEBLUE

Post by COOTHEBLUE »

Album :- STRATOSFEAR. first td album i bought
Track :- BEACH THEME. classic guitar work and i would love to see Edgar play the guitar to this live in concert sometime. please, please, please.
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM good enough for dixie and good enough for me- IN MY BLUE EVERTONIA

YOHJI YAMAMOTO-the king of cool
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

Current favourite TD album: Encore (what a masterpiece)

(Favourite concert: Montreal Places Des Arts, April 9th, 1977)
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

coldwater wrote:anybody like me scared to overlisten to a fave track in case you get fed up with it? i have not listened to cold water canyon for ages because of this.
This has happened to me with a lot of EM artists - especially JMJ - but hasn't ever happened to a TD track yet. It just goes to show the depth their music reaches to.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
coldwater

Post by coldwater »

billythefish wrote:
coldwater wrote:anybody like me scared to overlisten to a fave track in case you get fed up with it? i have not listened to cold water canyon for ages because of this.
This has happened to me with a lot of EM artists - especially JMJ - but hasn't ever happened to a TD track yet. It just goes to show the depth their music reaches to.

i agree, i have not tired of any td stuff that i enjoy, however, the stuff that leaves me cold (destination berlin) i aways think one day may grow on me.
Its only the hairs on a gooseberry that stops it from being a grape...a penguin is just a posh bourbon.
mikewp

Post by mikewp »

Album : Poland

Track: Tangram Pt 1, the entire Tangram album I still find to be a stunning masterwork.
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

mikewp wrote:Album : Poland

Track: Tangram Pt 1, the entire Tangram album I still find to be a stunning masterwork.
Tangram is magnificent
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

The question couldn't be easier:

Album: Force Majeure.
Track: Force Majeure.

:D
When it's dark enough, you can see the stars.
DITHMAR

Post by DITHMAR »

If I had to pick one TD album and track for a stay the rest of my life on a desert island or die - I would die most probably!
http://www.dithmar.dk http://www.myspace.com/dennisdithmar

Zodiac Zeit is Gods servant whispering back...
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Not me, I've played Encore more than any other album, and yet I have never tired of it. I will always love Encore.
SequenceC

Post by SequenceC »

Desert_Voyager wrote: Not me, I've played Encore more than any other album, and yet I have never tired of it. I will always love Encore.
I think Encore is one of the best albums to give to someone new to TD,

It has the 'classic TD sound,' lot's of sequencing, and 'tron, all four tracks are long so the album has a good running time. There's nice variation too, including spacey sounds (i.e. beginning of Cherokee Lane), acoustics (piano on Monolight), guitar (Coldwater Canyon), and darker melodies on Desert Dream. And some of the themes are based on music from Stratosfear, Sorcerer and Ricochet giving the listener a taste for those albums as well.

And when that sequence comes in at the end of Desert Dream, it leaves you wanting more. I love that guitar tone on Coldwater Canyon. Doesn't the jungle back cover photo remind you of Sorcerer's music/atmosphere?

I also love how the music just flows so well particularly in Cherokee Lane and Monolight. No doubt IMO Encore is a masterpiece, VERY solid. The obvious flaw is the sound quality (bar on Desert Dream), but the music is just so good, that you don't really think about it.

So as Jason says, Encore is an album you can easily play many times. Long live that double LP 8)