Sampled Voice?

tomb789
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Sampled Voice?

Post by tomb789 »

Hi, my friend Pete is asking, does anybody know who's sampled voice is used on "Hunter Shot by a Yellow Rabbit"? its his favourite TD tune at the moment.. :roll:
24db

Post by 24db »

A wild guess....it might be VOCALOID software by Yamaha
tomb789

Post by tomb789 »

Thanks for your help and the welcome to the forum, most appreciated, yes I've heard of Vocaloid, had forgotten about that, I suppose Pete was thinking it might be Iris's voice... :oops:
24db

Post by 24db »

tomb789 wrote:Thanks for your help and the welcome to the forum, most appreciated, yes I've heard of Vocaloid, had forgotten about that, I suppose Pete was thinking it might be Iris's voice... :oops:
No problem...btw that's a total guess...I've no idea what Edgar is currently using in his studio. Since being ripped off by various instrument companies they're tight lipped about what equipment they use.
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

I'm quite sure it is a sound from the Roland V synth though. It may be a sample of Iris's voice using that instrument. I have a V synth XT (the rack mount version of this great synth) and I remember hearing a very similar sound on mine when I got it, though I've changed the factory sounds so I'd have to restore them to check to be absolutely sure, but I know Edgar and Thorsten are both very fond of using this synth so there's a fair chance I'm right...
24db

Post by 24db »

TangFanIRL wrote:I'm quite sure it is a sound from the Roland V synth though. It may be a sample of Iris's voice using that instrument. I have a V synth XT (the rack mount version of this great synth) and I remember hearing a very similar sound on mine when I got it, though I've changed the factory sounds so I'd have to restore them to check to be absolutely sure, but I know Edgar and Thorsten are both very fond of using this synth so there's a fair chance I'm right...
Cheers mate
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

24db wrote:
TangFanIRL wrote:I'm quite sure it is a sound from the Roland V synth though. It may be a sample of Iris's voice using that instrument. I have a V synth XT (the rack mount version of this great synth) and I remember hearing a very similar sound on mine when I got it, though I've changed the factory sounds so I'd have to restore them to check to be absolutely sure, but I know Edgar and Thorsten are both very fond of using this synth so there's a fair chance I'm right...
Cheers mate
My pleasure!
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

TangFanIRL wrote:
24db wrote:
Cheers mate
My pleasure!
No, no, the pleasure is all ours.
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

I did wonder if it was a Yamaha FS1r? :roll:
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

Froesesque wrote:I did wonder if it was a Yamaha FS1r? :roll:
Isn't that a motorbike?
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

GlynRichards wrote:
Froesesque wrote:I did wonder if it was a Yamaha FS1r? :roll:
Isn't that a motorbike?
Lol, it was a very nice tone generator that Yamaha released in 1998 - I have one. It was was based on Formant Shaping that could imitate exactly the human voice - no samples in the box at all. But it had many of the old Yamaha DX presets built in too!
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!