Tempodrom DVD

Echosnare
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Echosnare »

Wot 'e said....
hansx

Post by hansx »

Got my copy last friday. Think it is a beauty. Like it very much. Great show, pity that I wasn't there. Hope that in 2007 we can see TD again on stage somewhere in this neighbourhood.
And TD, give us some more of this quality-productions. :D
JD

Post by JD »

24db wrote:
JD wrote:"Please.... Not this again...... "

Oh has this already been covered ? I read through the thread but didn't see any comments about it. Maybe its forbidden to mention it in which case you have my sincere apolgies ? I guess everybody else is Ok with a live but not live gig.
It's certainly not forbidden, it's only that it's been covered a zillion times before on the earlier version of this forum and a hand full of others. It's one of the few times Edgar has written a reply in answer to the 'M' word ;) . So I guess this is why a few fans get bored if quite a few threads always end up with 'TD, are they playing?' theme.
Oh right, ok. Its maybe more of a problem for me than the fans here. :)
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

JD wrote:
24db wrote:
JD wrote:"Please.... Not this again...... "

Oh has this already been covered ? I read through the thread but didn't see any comments about it. Maybe its forbidden to mention it in which case you have my sincere apolgies ? I guess everybody else is Ok with a live but not live gig.
It's certainly not forbidden, it's only that it's been covered a zillion times before on the earlier version of this forum and a hand full of others. It's one of the few times Edgar has written a reply in answer to the 'M' word ;) . So I guess this is why a few fans get bored if quite a few threads always end up with 'TD, are they playing?' theme.
Oh right, ok. Its maybe more of a problem for me than the fans here. :)
Everyone is welcome to your opinion.... :wink:
Hobo

Re: Tempodrome DVD

Post by Hobo »

HarryPotter No7 wrote:Hello people, new to this forum, thought I'd give my 10 penneth's worth on the new Tempodrome DVD whilst listening to Metaphor and TD plays TD......

I've been into TD since 1985 so I (like all of you) have waited a long time to finally get my hands on an official full LIVE Tangerine Dream performance.

It was worth the wait - although I was not as lucky as all of you who attended this gig (finding some1 to come with me all the way from England proved very difficult!), viewing it made me very envious, everything seems to fall into place perfectly, the music, the venue, the light show, the camera work, the musicians, even the dvd menus/packaging have been put together excellently - My only gripe is the use of computer effects, especially on my favourite track 'Loved by the sun', that aside, I am extremely pleased with this, and a big hands-up for how fast it was made available to us.

It's puzzleing why 2 tracks have been omitted, especially when they showcase EF/JF's 'axe-use' for the first time officially on DVD - I have an audio copy of this gig and they sounded fine.....mmmmm! strange!

Next up to watch - Dante's Inferno DVD
I know this will not be a patch on the Tempodrome gig, but the way I see it, the more DVD's being made available to us, the better!!!

Bye for now :-)

p.s
anyone notice on the DVD menu, the track 'Charly the Kid' should in fact be 'Rainbirds Move'...........
Welcome to the forum. Glad you are enjoying the Tempodrom DVD. I agree it's a great pity we didn't get to see Edgar on guitar.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Re: Tempodrome DVD

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
HarryPotter No7 wrote:Hello people, new to this forum, thought I'd give my 10 penneth's worth on the new Tempodrome DVD whilst listening to Metaphor and TD plays TD......

I've been into TD since 1985 so I (like all of you) have waited a long time to finally get my hands on an official full LIVE Tangerine Dream performance.

It was worth the wait - although I was not as lucky as all of you who attended this gig (finding some1 to come with me all the way from England proved very difficult!), viewing it made me very envious, everything seems to fall into place perfectly, the music, the venue, the light show, the camera work, the musicians, even the dvd menus/packaging have been put together excellently - My only gripe is the use of computer effects, especially on my favourite track 'Loved by the sun', that aside, I am extremely pleased with this, and a big hands-up for how fast it was made available to us.

It's puzzleing why 2 tracks have been omitted, especially when they showcase EF/JF's 'axe-use' for the first time officially on DVD - I have an audio copy of this gig and they sounded fine.....mmmmm! strange!

Next up to watch - Dante's Inferno DVD
I know this will not be a patch on the Tempodrome gig, but the way I see it, the more DVD's being made available to us, the better!!!

Bye for now :-)

p.s
anyone notice on the DVD menu, the track 'Charly the Kid' should in fact be 'Rainbirds Move'...........
Welcome to the forum. Glad you are enjoying the Tempodrom DVD. I agree it's a great pity we didn't get to see Edgar on guitar.

I think they've dropped a clanger there Mick,the solo on Ride on the Ray was superb..............cant understand why it is not there :?
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
tangmaster

Post by tangmaster »

hansx wrote:Got my copy last friday. Think it is a beauty. Like it very much. Great show, pity that I wasn't there. Hope that in 2007 we can see TD again on stage somewhere in this neighbourhood.
Yep it's great to see the show at home. On the last evening of the year. Oh by the way, the tracj called Encore is Force Majeure anf Flashpoint is Going West, but stunnning just love the Girl on the stairs track. And that great Little Blond version. A concert i couldn't see live but now i can. Great show with a verry nice opening. The Dream Is always the same. :D
The way a world of dreams is going on!
hansx

Post by hansx »

tangmaster wrote:
hansx wrote:Got my copy last friday. Think it is a beauty. Like it very much. Great show, pity that I wasn't there. Hope that in 2007 we can see TD again on stage somewhere in this neighbourhood.
Yep it's great to see the show at home. On the last evening of the year. Oh by the way, the tracj called Encore is Force Majeure anf Flashpoint is Going West, but stunnning just love the Girl on the stairs track. And that great Little Blond version. A concert i couldn't see live but now i can. Great show with a verry nice opening. The Dream Is always the same. :D
Hi Tangmaster, glad you are also here. Did have a listen to some parts of the dvd again. Even my kids did like it in a way. it came up to my daugther that Iris is always laughing on the stage and the others were very serious.
And indeed it looks like she is having fun.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote: it came up to my daugther that Iris is always laughing on the stage and the others were very serious.
And indeed it looks like she is having fun.
Linda looks very serious on this DVD yet when I saw at the SBE show she was all smiles and grins, very much like Iris. I guess she was concentrating quite hard, three hours is a long show.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Its rarely that Iris does not smile and its good to see her enjoying herself,Linda on times looked serious only when the camera was following her..........both ladies are very nice tho :D
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Iris has the most beautiful geniuine smile I've ever seen. If I was a mucisian and single I'd like a date with her :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

sparrow wrote:Iris has the most beautiful geniuine smile I've ever seen. If I was a mucisian and single I'd like a date with her :wink:

I think there would be a very LLLLOOONNNGGGG cue John :wink: :lol:
Echosnare

Post by Echosnare »

epsilon75 wrote:
sparrow wrote:Iris has the most beautiful geniuine smile I've ever seen. If I was a mucisian and single I'd like a date with her :wink:

I think there would be a very LLLLOOONNNGGGG cue John :wink: :lol:
Yes, & Gerald is a BIIIIGGGGG lad!
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

You can read my review of Live At The Tempodrome Berlin at this link:
http://td.pertou.dk/eng-0009.htm
Dzsedzs

Post by Dzsedzs »

Pertou wrote:You can read my review of Live At The Tempodrome Berlin at this link:
http://td.pertou.dk/eng-0009.htm
Very interesting, althought my copy is due to come, and can't say anything against it or agree with you, but I have a bad feeling that this is what I would find. I have already heard from my band and read here that things are not perfect on the DVD both in musical material and in the making of the dvd. Making of the dvd I mean that someone said that 2.0 is better than 5.1 and unfortunately in the setup on the dvd they are mixed up.
But still I'm glad that mine is due to come in days. :)
--------------------------------------------------------
Check out my TD site at:
www.freeweb.hu/tangerinedream
And spread the world that Tangerine Dream is a universal language.
--------------------------------------------------------