Melrose re recorded

drmusicj
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Melrose re recorded

Post by drmusicj »

Hs Edgar ever demonstrated this so called ....."deliberate effect created by a filter plugin that chops up sound bytes". .....that totally ruins the song it was tried on?

It's a defect for sure
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Don't really know what you are talking about here, but then again I am no musician.
But regarding the title of your post... Of all the re-recorded albums (that I have heard), I think that Melrose is the one that is most similar to the original. Have to listen hard to hear something new on this one. But I am very glad that the great track The Back Of Beyond is included on the release. :-)
drmusicj

Post by drmusicj »

The infamous skipping on Cool At Heart about 223 into the song?
According to Voices In The Net it was explained away by Edgar as some kind of process like I quoted in y original post.
It sounds like just plain old skipping on the disc........give a listen again.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

drmusicj wrote:...give a listen again.
I will. :)
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Have listened again. Now I remember that skipping, but I just thought it was a faulty mp3 file since I have the download version.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I still think this ''efffect'' ruins a great track...can't believe it's there intentionaly. :roll:
dream-fan

Re: Melrose re recorded

Post by dream-fan »

As I read in the „Voice in the net“-Homepage there is a fault with the 2002 re-recording of Melrose. The Membran record label released by mistake the Original 1990 version on this disc.

I saw now the original Eastgate-version of the 2002 re-recording in the Eastgate Shop, but unfortunately they didn‘ t answer to my E-mail, so maybe here is anyone who can say if the version in the Eastgate-Shop contains the „real" re-recording as it was released in the „Melrose years“ box. Thank you!