Ulrich Schnauss new tracks on myspace

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Ulrich Schnauss new tracks on myspace

Post by 24db »

News from Ulrich's myspace page:

Hello
New Ulrich Schnauss songs have been uploaded to his myspace profile. No this is not a belated April Fool's.

The Quicksand Memory EP will be released through Independiente in the UK and Domino in the US on May 21. Two new tracks from this have been uploaded; Medusa and Look at the Sky.

Ulrich's third album Goodbye will be released soon after. Shine - taken from the album has also been uploaded.

Thank you.

A message from Ulrich will follow in the coming days.

:) :)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... D=13456132
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

A Strangely Isolated place will take some following IMHO :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:A Strangely Isolated place will take some following IMHO :arrow:
Yep, got to admit I'm not that impressed 'so far'!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:A Strangely Isolated place will take some following IMHO :arrow:

Nor me :arrow:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:

Whilst not as engaging as ASIP, I like Goodbye and it's certainly going to get more airplay here, than MFD! :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote: Yep, got to admit I'm not that impressed 'so far'!

Whilst not as engaging as ASIP, I like Goodbye and it's certainly going to get more airplay here, than MFD! :wink:
From the two new tracks on Myspace, it would appear that he's taken on a more aggressive / hardcore tone... would that be a correct assumption to make Mick?

I'm still very much looking forward to the new album.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I think you are right there Stephen,that is exactly how it sounds to me, but only in places :arrow:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

billythefish wrote:
Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
From the two new tracks on Myspace, it would appear that he's taken on a more aggressive / hardcore tone... would that be a correct assumption to make Mick?

Yes and no really. There are certainly less of the lilting melodies that riddled ASIP. The promos I've heard have a more retro "shoegaze" feel, so in a way Ulrich has returned to his roots. Having said that, there are odd moments of a more explorative nature, like the addition of some "blip-pop" in the intro of one of the MySpace tracks. There is also a greater emphasis on vocal elements. In summary, I find it hasn't got the instant attraction of the previous albums, but there is a diversity that may ultimately prove to add long term appeal.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
billythefish wrote:
Hobo wrote: Whilst not as engaging as ASIP, I like Goodbye and it's certainly going to get more airplay here, than MFD! :wink:

Yes and no really. There are certainly less of the lilting melodies that riddled ASIP. The promos I've heard have a more retro "shoegaze" feel, so in a way Ulrich has returned to his roots. Having said that, there are odd moments of a more explorative nature, like the addition of some "blip-pop" in the intro of one of the MySpace tracks. There is also a greater emphasis on vocal elements. In summary, I find it hasn't got the instant attraction of the previous albums, but there is a diversity that may ultimately prove to add long term appeal.
I'll be buying the CD and the EP