Concerts

bergen-dreamer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bergen-dreamer »

bigdaveh wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
bigdaveh wrote: Yep and me. When you get time email me your fight details and times. :)
Where is the fight :? :wink: :wink: :mrgreen:
Well spotted that man :!: :!: Fingers not working right or me eyes. FLIGHT. :P
Will e-mail you when I'm home from work tonight Dave 8)
Six By Nine

Post by Six By Nine »

Started quite a hectic few weeks for gigs a couple of weekends ago with "Get Loaded in the Park" including, amongst many others Tom Middleton (bog standard crowd warm up set illuminated only by his mix of Halcyon), Felix Da Housecat (storming old skool rave set), Royksopp (fantastic live set with the Berlin school Alpha Male bringing the house down) and of course, Orbital (sadly things had got a bit messy by this stage, so memory slightly hazy!)

Followed this up with Flock of Seagulls at Wolves Civic - love their greatest hits but on this show's evidence don't think I'll be investigating further! The famous mullet is now hidden under a baseball cap that made the lead singer look like a football hooligan. OK, but...Honourable mention to support Scarlett Soho, cracking 80's retro synth pop, flavour of the month I know but well done all the same.

Next up was Editors to open the new O2 Academy in Brum - very swanky, felt like I should take my shoes off before walking on the new carpet! Played a lot of tracks from the new album which are quite a departure - very electronic, not sure to be honest will reserve judgement til I hear the CD.

And most recently, Orbital again at the O2. Thankfully (I think) a bit more compus mentus this time so could really appreciate a fantastic set with a couple of new sounding tracks and most of the classics. Really built things up to a climax with most of the tracks mixed into each other - far superior to their farewell tour of a few years ago. As usual the audience were really up for it and the band seemed to feed off their energy and be enjoying themselves.

Now got Orbital at Brixton, Muse, Depeche Mode, Franz Ferdinand, Gary Numan and Kasabian to look forward to. Oh and Spandau Ballet (not my choice!).
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Just found out that Australian Pink Floyd will be playing at the Nokia Theater this Thursday (24th). I have tickets already for Chickenfoot on Sunday. Should I go to Aussie Floyd too? I heard they are as close to Floyd as your gonna get. What should I do?
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

tdream4ever wrote:Just found out that Australian Pink Floyd will be playing at the Nokia Theater this Thursday (24th). I have tickets already for Chickenfoot on Sunday. Should I go to Aussie Floyd too? I heard they are as close to Floyd as your gonna get. What should I do?
The Aus Pink Floyd are outstanding Dave,i can highly recommend them on the twice i have seen them. Note perfect mate 8) 8) 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

tdream4ever wrote:Just found out that Australian Pink Floyd will be playing at the Nokia Theater this Thursday (24th). I have tickets already for Chickenfoot on Sunday. Should I go to Aussie Floyd too? I heard they are as close to Floyd as your gonna get. What should I do?
I've seen the Oz Floyd a few times and they've never disappointed. It costs a hell of a lot more to see them now than when I first saw them, so they must be doing something right. They don't look much like Floyd but they sound nearly as good.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

A free concert!!

http://www.immersionfestival.com/

This should be really cool.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Didn't make it to Aussie Floyd the other night. Work and to close to Chickenfoot which I'm getting ready to go in one hour. Been reading reviews on past concerts. All reviews are really positive. Will check back later. Cheers.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Last night's concert Chickenfoot ended up being a surprise :o . The 2nd band before Chickenfoot was Queensryche. Totally did not expect that at all. They belted out a alittle over an hour of past hits and new stuff. Have not listened to Queensryche since Promised Land.
Chickenfoot started off with Avenida Revolution and finished off with Bad Motor Scooter. Everything inbetween was from their debut album Chickenfoot. And they did nothing but rocked and rocked hard and heavy. And had fun doing it. Sammy at 62 years old acted like he was 30 something. The SatchMo was electrifying the crowd with his guitar. Michael Anthony was never happier to be on stage. And Chad Smith (Red cold Chili Pepper) was the most hard core. At the end of Bad Motor Scooter they did an Who riff and Chad destroyed his drum set like Keith Moon would do. 2 hours of classic pure ROCK.

The Ear Factor: 4 out of 5 buzzing.

har

Post by har »

Haven't heard Chickenfoot, but I tell you that drummer has superb taste in music :wink: 8)

Nice photos, hope your ears are better :)
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Thanks for the Chickenfoot pics.. 8) Theyre debut album is a goodie.
hansx

Post by hansx »

One week to go for the Progressive Nation concert with Dream Theater, Opeth. Big Elf and Unexpect.
Ofcourse my band is Dream Theater, but Opeth isn't bad either.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Great shots of Chickenfoot. Bit miffed I couldn't get to see them. Their album is great, if a little retro.
24db

Post by 24db »

coming up:

Steve Reich-Royal Festival Hall

Ulrich Schnauss supporting Chapterhouse at the ICA
timer

Post by timer »

Monday night - Skunk Anansie - Portsmouth 8)
timer

Post by timer »

Hopefully - Rammstein - NEC - 3rd Feb 2010 - if I can get tickets ! :oops: