TD and the Theatre

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD and the Theatre

Post by 24db »

It's well documented that Johannes music was used for the theatre plays, strangely enough TD's music has also been used:

8.9.1981: ‘Lucky Strike’, ICA (Institute of Contemporary Arts, The Mall), London. Starring Nicholas Ball, Colin McCormack and Sandy Ratcliff.
hansx

Re: TD and the Theatre

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:It's well documented that Johannes music was used for the theatre plays, strangely enough TD's music has also been used:

8.9.1981: ‘Lucky Strike’, ICA (Institute of Contemporary Arts, The Mall), London. Starring Nicholas Ball, Colin McCormack and Sandy Ratcliff.
maybe for some ballet?
24db

Post by 24db »

hansx wrote:
24db wrote:It's well documented that Johannes music was used for the theatre plays, strangely enough TD's music has also been used:

maybe for some ballet?
don't think so, it's a play
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:
hansx wrote:

maybe for some ballet?
don't think so, it's a play
yes, but is the music never used for any ballet?
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

In the days I directed some theater, I used a lot of music ... and we were in the late 70's and early 80's.

As much as I wanted to use Edgar's stuff and Tangerine Dream stuff, in the end I did not ... and the reason why was simple ... I am a visual person and their music is too alive for me to use on a stage for something else ... that is counter the visuals that I have gained from it.

Since then, I have written a lot of poetry to various pieces of music that hit me left or right or down ... whatever ... and some of it has been published ...

I will, when I can afford it, get a film camera and film visuals for a a piece of music of theirs or more ... there is very little music out there that talks to me as much ... but will Edgar live long enough to see it, or me be able to get it done? I don't know ... and he might even say ... another winner with a camera in his hands trying to het to mtv!

I have posted a lot of this poetry before and will do so if it interests people here ... there was another thread somewhere where I did post a poem, and I can not even remember the occasion or what the poem was! I can only list about 500 or so poems in my catalogues so you can imagine how sometimes what was written yesterday is already water under the bridge ...