Future Music

billythefish
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Future Music

Post by billythefish »

I thought I should start a thread for this excellent Music making magazine.

I just got my copy for this month (April '07 edition) and two things have caught my eye that I thought some here would be interested in:

1. Interview with Ben Edwards (of Play Industries and 'Benge') and some mouth watering pictures of his synth collection, including a Moog 3C, Roland System 100M, ARP 2500 and 2600, EMS VCS3, Oberheim 4 voice, Yamaha CS80, Minimoog, Polymoog, Synclavier.... you get the idea. I've not heard any of his stuff yet, but I really rate Tunng who he shares a studio with, and on the strengths of this interview, I have got to go and try some Benge.

2. Cubase 4 advert on page 45... I thought that face staring at me was familiar - and it is none other than our old friend Paul Haslinger, described as one of the hotest film score composers in Hollywood... the final slogan is 'All 4 Paul, All 4 you'!
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
jimi

Re: Future Music

Post by jimi »

billythefish wrote:I thought I should start a thread for this excellent Music making magazine.

I just got my copy for this month (April '07 edition) and two things have caught my eye that I thought some here would be interested in:

1. Interview with Ben Edwards (of Play Industries and 'Benge') and some mouth watering pictures of his synth collection, including a Moog 3C, Roland System 100M, ARP 2500 and 2600, EMS VCS3, Oberheim 4 voice, Yamaha CS80, Minimoog, Polymoog, Synclavier.... you get the idea. I've not heard any of his stuff yet, but I really rate Tunng who he shares a studio with, and on the strengths of this interview, I have got to go and try some Benge.

2. Cubase 4 advert on page 45... I thought that face staring at me was familiar - and it is none other than our old friend Paul Haslinger, described as one of the hotest film score composers in Hollywood... the final slogan is 'All 4 Paul, All 4 you'!
I totally agree.

A few years back when I was going to buy my first PC, my intention was to use it as a MIDI recording studio. Since I didn't know what to go for I came across Future Music. I was very lucky that they were doing a section on 'how to set up a cheap Studio', so I got myself a Yamaha AN1X, a Yamaha SW1000XG soundcard and a PC of course.

I still buy it every now and then, especially when they have nice goodies on the DVD
Greeting from Ireland

Jimi
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:I thought I should start a thread for this excellent Music making magazine.

Stopped buying this as soon as they started slagging off TD.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Thats a valid reason AK if ever there were one :twisted: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

24db wrote:

I didn't know they had... TD gets mentioned quite frequently in their pages - usually as a positive reference.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:
24db wrote:

I didn't know they had... TD gets mentioned quite frequently in their pages - usually as a positive reference.
If I could be arsed about them (and I can't) I'd post some 'comments' they had. They come under the general heading of 'Word processor on, Brain off' These days they recommend music you won't be playing again in 4 months, never mind 40 years. Above and beyond that gripe, it's not a bad magazine for equipment reviews and tips