New 'TD'/ Jerome DM track

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

ant wrote::? I thought they said Jerome was going to be re-doing some of these old tracks not just releasing the originals again. Still at least that will save me loads of money 'cause I sure ain't forking out for them all again just to get the odd 'previously unreleased' track. They also said that these would not be released until the original recordings were completely sold out. What is the point of this? Presumably it is because TDI no longer exists to re-press them so Edgar has handed them over to Jerome to do. But why doesn't he just re-release them as they were and just release a new album containing the previously unreleased tracks, that way we wouldn't have to pay out a fortune to get one albums worth of new material. :(
Well said ant!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Hobo wrote:
ant wrote::? I thought they said Jerome was going to be re-doing some of these old tracks not just releasing the originals again. Still at least that will save me loads of money 'cause I sure ain't forking out for them all again just to get the odd 'previously unreleased' track. They also said that these would not be released until the original recordings were completely sold out. What is the point of this? Presumably it is because TDI no longer exists to re-press them so Edgar has handed them over to Jerome to do. But why doesn't he just re-release them as they were and just release a new album containing the previously unreleased tracks, that way we wouldn't have to pay out a fortune to get one albums worth of new material. :(
Well said ant!
I echo these sentiments....
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
JD

Post by JD »

I usually dont like speculation about supposed personal relationships in the band ......but these "dante is dead" t-shirts had me wondering if there had been a fallout or not, especially as jerome didnt even show for some of the gigs ? or maybe its a private joke between them ?
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

The following can be read on the Cybersounds store page:

"The T-shirt "DANTE IS DEAD" has absolutely no agressive overtones whatsoever. It is a gimmick which does NOT decry the existence of TD's "Dante Trilogy"!! Cybersounds condemn its use in furthering anti-Dante/TD feelings!"

So I suppose its just for fun, but I wish there would be some kind of official explanation to all of this from both Edgar and Jerome, so we can lay all speculations to rest.
24db

Post by 24db »

It's good that Jerome has made that clear on his Cybersounds shop nevertheless
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Mephistopheles wrote:The following can be read on the Cybersounds store page:

"The T-shirt "DANTE IS DEAD" has absolutely no agressive overtones whatsoever. It is a gimmick which does NOT decry the existence of TD's "Dante Trilogy"!! Cybersounds condemn its use in furthering anti-Dante/TD feelings!"

So I suppose its just for fun, but I wish there would be some kind of official explanation to all of this from both Edgar and Jerome, so we can lay all speculations to rest.

Well thats that sorted then :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
JD

Post by JD »

Haha ! Jerome must have anticipated the specualtion and rumour in advance.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
EricDraven

Post by EricDraven »

I still don't believe any of the excuses I read. All the clues are there, no Jerome on any of the forthcoming releases, all his compositions reverted back to him, and surely he must be finished with his new album by now, as I never believed the "he's too busy working on the new album" to join TD excuse. And no matter what he says, the Dante t-shirts are the final nail in the coffin. What kind of message is he trying to send if not a swipe at TD/Edgar? I don't see the humor in it at all.
Electronic music for sale at
http://www.synthnation.weebly.com
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

EricDraven wrote:I still don't believe any of the excuses I read. All the clues are there, no Jerome on any of the forthcoming releases, all his compositions reverted back to him, and surely he must be finished with his new album by now, as I never believed the "he's too busy working on the new album" to join TD excuse. And no matter what he says, the Dante t-shirts are the final nail in the coffin. What kind of message is he trying to send if not a swipe at TD/Edgar? I don't see the humor in it at all.
Why does it matter to you so much?
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
EricDraven wrote:I still don't believe any of the excuses I read. All the clues are there, no Jerome on any of the forthcoming releases, all his compositions reverted back to him, and surely he must be finished with his new album by now, as I never believed the "he's too busy working on the new album" to join TD excuse. And no matter what he says, the Dante t-shirts are the final nail in the coffin. What kind of message is he trying to send if not a swipe at TD/Edgar? I don't see the humor in it at all.
He's called a "fan" - with questions, comments and concerns about all things-TD. Just like yourself (and of course, myself as well) :-)
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
EricDraven wrote:I still don't believe any of the excuses I read. All the clues are there, no Jerome on any of the forthcoming releases, all his compositions reverted back to him, and surely he must be finished with his new album by now, as I never believed the "he's too busy working on the new album" to join TD excuse. And no matter what he says, the Dante t-shirts are the final nail in the coffin. What kind of message is he trying to send if not a swipe at TD/Edgar?
I agree on the "Dante is Dead" feelings. Jerome is referring to only one thing - and it's not about the author (we've always known and heard he was never crazy about the project - hence his absence in the later portion of it.)

Still, they're excellent (and clever) shirts, IMHO.
24db

Post by 24db »

Beaubourg wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
I agree on the "Dante is Dead" feelings. Jerome is referring to only one thing - and it's not about the author (we've always known and heard he was never crazy about the project - hence his absence in the later portion of it.)

I sometimes think a lot of TD's messages get lost in translation, they could do with a good PR man, Colin?
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

24db wrote:
Beaubourg wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: Why does it matter to you so much?

I sometimes think a lot of TD's messages get lost in translation, they could do with a good PR man, Colin?
At least we'd be VERY WELL INFORMED! :-)
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Beaubourg wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
EricDraven wrote:I still don't believe any of the excuses I read. All the clues are there, no Jerome on any of the forthcoming releases, all his compositions reverted back to him, and surely he must be finished with his new album by now, as I never believed the "he's too busy working on the new album" to join TD excuse. And no matter what he says, the Dante t-shirts are the final nail in the coffin. What kind of message is he trying to send if not a swipe at TD/Edgar? I don't see the humor in it at all. .
He's called a "fan" - with questions, comments and concerns about all things-TD. Just like yourself (and of course, myself as well) :-)
It is a forum, I can ask questions of him aswell. Ok with you, teacher? :wink:
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

And how do we know that is not pure speculation?
I would rather trust official statements, regardless of how fantastic all these theories may be.