Looking Back: UNDERWATER SUNLIGHT

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

Absolutely classic TD album. Not a single dull moment. TD seem to have captured the subject material perfectly, with out resorting to whale song and dolphin clicks. Can you imagine a piece of music that captures the full majesty of the great ocean whale more aptly than The Song of the Whale? Nope, thought not.

I still take a copy of this great CD when I'm off diving and I've seen it used on Cayman Island TV for their dive of the day slot. Perfect diving music.
DarkMatter

Post by DarkMatter »

I'd love to see the documentary again which used quite large chunks of Underwater Sunlight for the soundtrack. Mainly Song of the Whale and Dolphin Dance if memory swerves correctly. :roll: It was called Mr Iwago's Whales and was on BBC2 in the early 90s. Very majestic shots of humpbacks and their bubble-netting feeding strategy. Anyone else remember this?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

DarkMatter wrote:I'd love to see the documentary again which used quite large chunks of Underwater Sunlight for the soundtrack. Mainly Song of the Whale and Dolphin Dance if memory swerves correctly. :roll: It was called Mr Iwago's Whales and was on BBC2 in the early 90s. Very majestic shots of humpbacks and their bubble-netting feeding strategy. Anyone else remember this?
I am sure there is also a book on Mr Iwago's Whales...............
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

This was an important one for me as well and is the ONLY TD album my wife will willingly listen to (apologies to Edgar and bandmates). We even used Song of the Whale pt2 and Dolphin Dance in part of our wedding video back in '96 - the latter when arriving at the chapel and the former accompanying the pics taken outside.

One of the best TD albums I think and one that can easily be recalled to memory plays fantastically...
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

DarkMatter wrote:
TheMan wrote:
DarkMatter wrote:Song of the Whale 1&2. Simply some of the best music ever recorded. I can't add any more to that statement really
The Banana Splits??? :D
Bingo! :wink:
That brings back a lot of childhood memories! :D
hansx

Post by hansx »

In those days I bought my cd's in Rotterdam and TD was hard to get. Remember that I read that this one was out and went to that particular shop inmediately and asked do you have it? It was not on the shelve. No the guy said, looking very NOT KNOWING. But his collegue said yes and run to behind. Just got from the mailman. I was very very happy and took it with me, of course without listening first. And I wasn't disappointed. One of the better of that era.
GAZZ

Post by GAZZ »

when i first bought U.S i was pretty shocked by the amount of new sounds that TD had used.song of the whale immediatley melted my heart ,absolute and awesome in every way.the later tracks just carry on the theme of this most majestic album and without a doubt has and always will be my favourite TD album [i really hope that TD do not start going all remixy on this. its pure class and should be left alone i.m.h.o] :roll: gass collins TDBA yorkshire division :roll:
AERIAL SUITE [2008]
CITIZEN [2009]
RETURN TO EDEN [2009]
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

when i first heard this album i was totally disapointed........... during the years i´ve learned to love it.
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)
razor

Post by razor »

Magnificent! Excellent! Perfect! Nuff Said! :)
"You Laugh At Me Because I'm Diffrent, I Laugh At You Because You're All The Same"
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Play.com have this great CD for €3.99 including delivery. They also have Sorcerer for €3.99.