Looking back at: Legend

epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Awesome...........can be extremely eerie on first listening but also has beauty within. Fits the film much better than the JG score IMHO.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Jon

Post by Jon »

A bit uneven, Unicorn Theme and the two vocal songs are really nice.

Haven't seen the film, the TD version is not available in Europe I guess.

Surprised the film never shows up on TV here.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Another slow burner with me. I appreciated to album more when I got a vinyl copy. The Boot version on Orange records is my fave version where I enjoy the tracks that aren't even by TD..I saw the film a while back sadly without the TD score.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Wonderful
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Absolutely gorgeous soundtrack, I even quite like the Brian Ferry bit but please don't tell the missus. All of the TD tracks are brilliant and the addition of Jon Anderson's vocals is a stroke of genius. Shame that TD haven't worked with him again (not that they did this time really). Mind you Loved by the Sun would have sounded pretty damned good with out the vocals anyway.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:Absolutely gorgeous soundtrack, I even quite like the Brian Ferry bit but please don't tell the missus. All of the TD tracks are brilliant and the addition of Jon Anderson's vocals is a stroke of genius. Shame that TD haven't worked with him again (not that they did this time really). Mind you Loved by the Sun would have sounded pretty damned good with out the vocals anyway.
You wouldn't say you liked BF if you'd had to suffer him at both TD's recent UK gigs (and Bob Dylan in Edinburgh) ;) no, seriously BF's track is quite good, helped along with some David Gilmour guitar
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:Absolutely gorgeous soundtrack, I even quite like the Brian Ferry bit but please don't tell the missus. All of the TD tracks are brilliant and the addition of Jon Anderson's vocals is a stroke of genius. Shame that TD haven't worked with him again (not that they did this time really). Mind you Loved by the Sun would have sounded pretty damned good with out the vocals anyway.
You wouldn't say you liked BF if you'd had to suffer him at both TD's recent UK gigs (and Bob Dylan in Edinburgh) ;) no, seriously BF's track is quite good, helped along with some David Gilmour guitar
Bl**dy hell!!! I knew it. Kept thinking the guitar on this is very Gilmourish.
timer

Post by timer »

I really like this OST - and agree that it goes far better with the atmospherics of the film than the JG version. As others have said it's a pity we don't have the complete works for this as some of the extra's on the film are very good indeed. Especially the opening sequence, very moody !. But a good solid OST release. 8)

This is also a film I quite highly rate - the make up is fabulous ,especially Tim Curry.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

nice soundtrack, but I only watch thee film with Tom Cruise edited out and replaced by a cardboard cutout
...The wise.....are silent.....
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

bigmoog wrote:nice soundtrack, but I only watch thee film with Tom Cruise edited out and replaced by a cardboard cutout
Brutal!

Tom Cruise isnt a bad actor. I havent seen him in Legend though.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Fully agree with you. Jon's voice is outstanding for synthesizermusic. think of the cd Dreams with Kitaro. Also a beauty. And this one is that also.
mikewp

Post by mikewp »

There is so much good music in the movie that didn't make it onto the woefully short MCA album. The score is close to being wall-to-wall . Amazon lists this as being scheduled for a reissue on Jan 1 2010, apparently a TD re-release . It would be nice to get an expanded CD of this score, the swamp witch music, the final fight with Darkness among the highlights.

The Jerry Goldsmith score is , to me, a masterpiece as well, being a fan of orchestral film music it's one of my favorites. Is a shame the TD score has not had a better representation on album.
Janus

Post by Janus »

The double DVD (US if memory serves) that came out a while was quite impressive for also having the TD score available to enjoy on its own
via the bonus menu..must dust it off and take another look soon 8)
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

bigmoog wrote:nice soundtrack, but I only watch thee film with Tom Cruise edited out and replaced by a cardboard cutout
I thought it was :shock: or a scarecrow as the acting was a bit wooden
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache