Other Tour Dates

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

epsilon75 wrote:If i had the money i would attend every concert they did in whatever location 8) wether there be 6 fans or 66,666 seagulls :arrow:

seagulls? :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:If i had the money i would attend every concert they did in whatever location 8) wether there be 6 fans or 66,666 seagulls :arrow:
seagulls? sounds messy
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Well im sure there will be at least one Seagull in the Astoria audience :mrgreen: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

no chance of that

I aint getting flamed or incinerated ever again :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

you're not scared of 1600 TD fans, are you? ;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:you're not scared of 1600 TD fans, are you? ;)

1600? surely shome mishtake?

yes although me have attended TD gigs, this will be the first where I may well meet fellow friend, fiends and foes : should be a laugh tho
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote:you're not scared of 1600 TD fans, are you? ;)

1600? surely shome mishtake?

yes although me have attended TD gigs, this will be the first where I may well meet fellow friend, fiends and foes : should be a laugh tho

no fiends no foes just TD friends......................thats what its all about on the day :arrow:
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

bigmoog wrote:no chance of that

I aint getting flamed or incinerated ever again :arrow:
Seagulls? PAH!!!

Seagulls don't bother us despite sea location, it's them Starlings that sit on the telegraph pole out back and cr@p all over my car!!!

We've got semi tame Blackbirds. Robins, Collared Doves 'n Wood Pidgeons, as well as a pair of Magpies (remember the seventies TV programme anyone?); but those blasted Starlings, fat on the birdfood we leave for the others........... :arrow:

Time to leave feathered birds alone I think :lol:

BM, just stay as you are. We can just about manage you this way :twisted:
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

In our garden, we often have: robins, blue tits, great tits, sparrows, blackbirds, wood pigeons, turtle doves, wrens and wagtails. It's a bird watchers dream :)
Last edited by Desert_Voyager on Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

so that the TD fan will know who is BM in amongst the 1600 fans at astoria flea pit

he will be wearing :

camp?.....oh yes darhlings
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

The punters at the after show club will soon av them off ya :shock: :lol:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

not worried about that

once they see my feather boa spring out from them shorts.....they will run screaming into the charing cross traffic
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:Can't see TD bothering with the US in any major way again, it's far too expensive
Yes............i think that has a lot to do with it IMHO :arrow: No good doing a big tour to half empty venues :!:
Yeah, it's a shame for the 6 real fans they have left...just kidding lads ;)
You arent far off. I cant see TD drawing any type of crowd here in the US. They have just abandoned us for far too long. And the sad part was that they were at one time pretty huge here. They made a lot of money selling big time tickets to very large concert halls. Now, no one would even know who they are. and I have to ask, WHY did it come to this? Why did one of the best bands in the world fail so miserably?
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

rattymouse wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: Yes............i think that has a lot to do with it IMHO :arrow: No good doing a big tour to half empty venues :!:
You arent far off. I cant see TD drawing any type of crowd here in the US. They have just abandoned us for far too long. And the sad part was that they were at one time pretty huge here. They made a lot of money selling big time tickets to very large concert halls. Now, no one would even know who they are. and I have to ask, WHY did it come to this? Why did one of the best bands in the world fail so miserably?
I would be surprised if adults are still judging music mainly by its popularity. I know that this is what children do at school with their concern about the Top 40. Other music genres such as Jazz and Classical aren't anywhere near as popular anymore either but that doesn't mean that either "fails so miserably", in terms of quality. On the contrary, it could be better than when it was more popular.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
24db

Post by 24db »

rattymouse wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: Yes............i think that has a lot to do with it IMHO :arrow: No good doing a big tour to half empty venues :!:
This is my opinion, not the truth, just my view:

Cost....simple as that, it would be so simple to say, oh if they still played this or that or they had all the old members in the group, then they'd be huge. But TDI/Eastgate are small, massive tours of the US nearly brought TD to their knees in 1977 and that was with the might of Virgin Records behind them. I'm going out on a limb here, but I don't think the cancelled tour of 2001 was everything to do with 9/11, sadly I think it 'might' be more down to Monica dying, Edgar says he seriously though about giving up music. I admire him for still carrying on, still doing the odd gig...it must have been very hard for him and Jerome.

I've said this before, but venue size isn't a 100% accurate way to gauge popularity, you can compare anything in TD's history and prove whatever you like, like all disperate things all you prove in that two things are different (eg, TD play to 80,000 people in Berlin and then play to 2000 people in the UK in 1981...did their fan base collapse? TD play to half full halls during some of their 1974 gigs, and yet play to 50,000 in France a year later...it goes on and on). But, I agree we all know that TD aren't the major 'selling' force that they were once, their clothes have been stolen by others, even the gimmick of EM and synthesisers is gone. What you have now is TD: the band, that is still producing good (or bad) music depending on your taste, preconceptions and whether you love the technology more than the music (and there still are technology fan boys) who want to re live again and again a certain style.

If they've lost fans due to their change in style, then I say this...an artist does not produce art for fans passing tastes. Jerome said this recently, you listen to them but you don't play or compose what they want, that's art by community...you might as well let fans vote for chords changes and which sounds you use. The fans you have one day are the same that will be kicking your head in 6 months later (from memory TD had bomb threats and fans sending them their smashed records....and these are the fans! imagine what people who don't like them did).

where did that soap box come from? ;)

As unlikely as it sounds I do agree with you, it's just that perhaps I don't see things as 'black and white' as some.
Last edited by 24db on Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.