STEVE ROACH News

tdream4ever
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

STEVE ROACH News

Post by tdream4ever »

Sorry all you Dreamers. . . .

. . . .but I have to give a big shout out for my next favorite artist, STEVE ROACH. For anyone interested.

Latest news out of Steve's Timeroom Studio. . . .

August 10, 2009 - Once again the true nature of the land of extremes has been working its magic in the Timeroom, as three new releases are in the final stages before birthing. DESTINATION BEYOND, AFTERLIGHT and IMMERSION: FOUR will all be released together in September. 500 will be available in a limited-edition box set, signed and numbered by Steve. The three will also be sold individually.

http://www.steveroach.com/
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Sure it is interesting. I buy most of his new releases as they arrive. Have listened countless of hours to Roach.
24db

Post by 24db »

haven't listening to Steve in decades...seem to remember stuff as pretty solid. To be honest I think the only truly interesting stuff (EM) wise to come out of the States was Larry Fast (Up until Computer Experiments which was PISH and then some)....but that's just my opinion of course :)
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Insvims wrote:Sure it is interesting. I buy most of his new releases as they arrive. Have listened countless of hours to Roach.
Wow! I did'nt know they still sell Roach's albums in Europe anymore. I know Ron has them in his Groove site. But thats it I thought. It's like trying to find TD's albums over here in the states. Vic stocks all of Edgars and TD's albums here. But thats it. I dont now anyplace else to get TD's latest albums. Good to here mate. :arrow: :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

http://www.steveroach.com/music/discography.php?item=64

this was very good though, but mainly cos I like Mike Shieve's drumming
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

tdream4ever wrote:
Insvims wrote:Sure it is interesting. I buy most of his new releases as they arrive. Have listened countless of hours to Roach.
Wow! I did'nt know they still sell Roach's albums in Europe anymore. I know Ron has them in his Groove site. But thats it I thought. It's like trying to find TD's albums over here in the states. Vic stocks all of Edgars and TD's albums here. But thats it. I dont now anyplace else to get TD's latest albums. Good to here mate. :arrow: :wink:
They don't have them here. I buy them directly from Timeroom (Steve Roach).
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

24db wrote:haven't listening to Steve in decades...seem to remember stuff as pretty solid. To be honest I think the only truly interesting stuff (EM) wise to come out of the States was Larry Fast (Up until Computer Experiments which was PISH and then some)....but that's just my opinion of course :)
Yes Andy. It's pretty lonely here in America when it comes to EM sounds anymore. Like TD, Steve's put's out several albums every year. Last time I talk to Steve, he's just been busy working on several new releases in his studio this year. He's got this awesome studio out in the middle of the Sonoran desert near Tucson, AZ. Been out to his ranch for a music session one weekend a couple of years ago. See link http://www.steveroach.com/news/newslett ... 0801184727 Very interestinghow he likes to connect with with fans. He was planning a weekend electonics music festival in Tucson in October this year. But I dont think thats going to happen this year. He's concentrating on making music for now. I know alot of his sounds are different and unique. It's like Edgar with his music style changing from one album to the next. Steve goes off into different directions too. Some I dont care for. But most I do like. Thats why I kinda lost touch with Edgar and TD back in the late 90's to 2004. There's was nothing going on here in the states. And the sounds from TD that did make it here, the vocals stuff, I was'nt into/disliked. But thanks to all you guys across the Pond and beyond. . . .I'm back!
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I have 2 or 3 of his albums I quite liked them but I feel my musical tastes have changed somewhat and they dont really do it for me anymore. still a good artist though.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

24db wrote:http://www.steveroach.com/music/discography.php?item=64

this was very good though, but mainly cos I like Mike Shieve's drumming
Very hard to find this one. Once in awhile in EBAY. Of all Steve's album's, and he has almost as much as EB and TD, this is the only one I dont have. I have it on cd-r. Good solid album. :wink:
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Insvims wrote:
tdream4ever wrote:
They don't have them here. I buy them directly from Timeroom (Steve Roach).
Good man. I buy all of Steve's albums through his Timeroom too. Unless he's playing somewhere. Then I will purchase his latest albums at his shows. :wink:
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I have loads of Steve's stuff and rate him very highly. There's none like him for proper chill out.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

billythefish wrote:I have loads of Steve's stuff and rate him very highly. There's none like him for proper chill out.
Yes Billy. After a session of TD music, I'll chill out to Steve.
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

No no no, Steve is more of a "deep freeze" than "chill", if you get what I mean.

So what are your faves? He has tons of albums (almost as many as TD - if not more, if collaborations count) so I only have a fraction, but thus far I like Life Sequence the best.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Too many to name, but I think the 4-CD set Mystic Chords & Sacred Spaces is really amazing! Bought it when it came out, and listened to it for days.

tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Insvims wrote:Too many to name, but I think the 4-CD set Mystic Chords & Sacred Spaces is really amazing! Bought it when it came out, and listened to it for days.

Steve will releasing his Grace Cathedral concert on iTunes shortly. He was kind enough to make me a copy on cd-r awhile back. I have the unedited and unreleased version. I dont believe he is going to release this on cd. Only iTunes. If you seen the video clip of Grace on his website, I think this one is worth getting IMHO.