Michael Jackson

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:hmmm, up there with Lenin and Stalin :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8128022.stm

:arrow:
Stalin's second album was **** ;)

I used to quite like Lenin though, but when that female vocalist joined him I went off him. I prefer him in Ach Tung Tempo, especially their second album Annexe Lidl

lol, excellent LP...... :lol:
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:hmmm, up there with Lenin and Stalin :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8128022.stm

Stalin's second album was **** ;)

I used to quite like Lenin though, but when that female vocalist joined him I went off him. I prefer him in Ach Tung Tempo, especially their second album Annexe Lidl

lol, excellent LP...... :lol:
sadly it's very rare on the Lug-Hole label. Also Ach Tung Tempo went all digital in 1981 on their album Ausgang, in fact it devided their fan base so much that some went off in a huff...or might have been mini-bus...history doesn't record that (rumour has it they still live somewhere oop north, were they lived off the land, social security, Space Dust and out of date Lion bars)

oh...and MJ rules ok?
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

that reminds me, I must dig out my DAF albums :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

Michael66 wrote:
tadreamer74 wrote:Everyone's responsible for their own actions. Blaming the family is so ridiculous and absurd. He chose to go down the path he took, which was humiliating himself and making himself a circus clown.
If your own dad beats you, your dad has nothing to do with the arsenal of responses you're left with? Sure you can go down one path and become a freak, you can go down the other path and become strong and independent-minded. That's a matter of choice, although that choice also will be influenced by how strong an individual one is, plus the kind of social surroundings one got born into.
But under such conditions, whatever you choose, it'll be a strong response to what happened in your youth. The "hey mum + dad, everything's cool, my childhood was fine and now we're just a normal, happy family and I'm just a normal guy" path won't be there in such an individual's head. How could it?

So how does a family not have an influence on the life paths you're left with? It is a myth everyone can become everything they want if they just choose to. A PC computer can run Linux or it can run Windows, that's a matter of choice, but it can't be an Apple Mac because that's a matter of the parts it consists of. The choice of parts and their buildup got decided in the factory. Of course there's always the option of hardware surgery. If you look at MJ, he even tried that, but it didn't work out that well.
Computers don't have a brain which knows right from wrong. If it crashes, thats it. Someone needs to repair the damage. However in humans, when a child is abused or comes from a torn family, they can either blame their parents for the way they turned out, or hey, I have an idea, look in the mirror and say I can make a change and do the right thing for myself and my future family by learning from what happened to me and prevent the same thing from happening to the ones I love. Remember, I should know from personal experience and I turned out perfect. No criminal record, am a wonderful father and husband, and help others out worse off than myself. Passing the buck is not the answer, but its people like yourself who seem to think that way. Guess you still don't get it, but I respect that! :wink:
"Tangerine Dream: Letting the music speak without words"
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

tadreamer74 wrote:Computers don't have a brain which knows right from wrong. If it crashes, thats it. Someone needs to repair the damage. However in humans, when a child is abused or comes from a torn family, they can either blame their parents for the way they turned out, or hey, I have an idea, look in the mirror and say I can make a change and do the right thing [...]
In my analogy, the CPU would have been the brain/mind/soul. And what I said wasn't about damaged computers, it was about the difficulty of making a computer do things it wasn't built for, making it act out of character so to speak.

Anyway... So are you saying 16-21 years of family life doesn't coin a brain/mind/soul, and after all those years one can just step out of it and be someone else completely? If a family doesn't coin the minds of the children being born into that family, if that all doesn't matter and can be reversed by looking at yourself in the mirror and take a decision, why are most parents so concerned about teaching their children how to be good people after all? Why do you make that effort?
tadreamer74 wrote:Remember, I should know from personal experience and I turned out perfect. No criminal record, am a wonderful father and husband, and help others out worse off than myself. Passing the buck is not the answer, but its people like yourself who seem to think that way. Guess you still don't get it, but I respect that! :wink:
I actually mentioned two basic paths one can follow after a problematic childhood, but I guess you were just too busy being wonderful instead of really reading my post.
You come across as quite judgmental towards people who for some reason can't come up with the strength to help themselves.
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

Michael66 wrote:
tadreamer74 wrote:Computers don't have a brain which knows right from wrong. If it crashes, thats it. Someone needs to repair the damage. However in humans, when a child is abused or comes from a torn family, they can either blame their parents for the way they turned out, or hey, I have an idea, look in the mirror and say I can make a change and do the right thing [...]
In my analogy, the CPU would have been the brain/mind/soul. And what I said wasn't about damaged computers, it was about the difficulty of making a computer do things it wasn't built for, making it act out of character so to speak.

Anyway... So are you saying 16-21 years of family life doesn't coin a brain/mind/soul, and after all those years one can just step out of it and be someone else completely? If a family doesn't coin the minds of the children being born into that family, if that all doesn't matter and can be reversed by looking at yourself in the mirror and take a decision, why are most parents so concerned about teaching their children how to be good people after all? Why do you make that effort?
tadreamer74 wrote:Remember, I should know from personal experience and I turned out perfect. No criminal record, am a wonderful father and husband, and help others out worse off than myself. Passing the buck is not the answer, but its people like yourself who seem to think that way. Guess you still don't get it, but I respect that! :wink:
I actually mentioned two basic paths one can follow after a problematic childhood, but I guess you were just too busy being wonderful instead of really reading my post.
You come across as quite judgmental towards people who for some reason can't come up with the strength to help themselves.
Judgemental is right mate. I call 'em as I see them. :wink:

I wouldn't talk about being judgemental towards others if I were you. Let's just say I will leave it at that and if you need a hint of what I am talking about:

Then go back to RM's pathetic forum instead of wasting time here :!: :lol: :arrow: :arrow:
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Busy editing your own posts, tadreamer74? So I better quote your 2nd version here:
tadreamer74 wrote:Judgemental is right mate. I call 'em as I see them. :wink:

I wouldn't talk about being judgemental towards others if I were you. Let's just say I will leave it at that and if you need a hint of what I am talking about:

Then go back to RM's pathetic forum instead of wasting time here :!: :lol: :arrow: :arrow:
's all. :roll:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Please guys lets agree to disagree. All I can say on the matter is he made a lot of people happy, made some cracking tunes and videos and is now dead so RIP MJ.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

. . . . :evil:
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
hansx

Post by hansx »

cantosis wrote:Please guys lets agree to disagree. All I can say on the matter is he made a lot of people happy, made some cracking tunes and videos and is now dead so RIP MJ.
totally agree. he made some nice things.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Jackson's entire estate goes to Michael Jackson Family Trust

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Michael Jackson's will has been filed in a Los Angeles court.
The will, dated July 7, 2002, says Jackson chose not to provide for his former wife Debbie Rowe. The will gives the entire estate to the Michael Jackson Family Trust. It also names Diana Ross as a successor guardian to Jackson's mother if necessary.
The documents estimated his estate at that time at more than $500 million.
The documents said Jackson's estate consisted almost entirely of "non-cash, non-liquid assets, including primarily an interest in a catalogue of music royalty rights which is currently being administered by Sony ATV, and the interests of various entities."
His mother, Katherine Jackson, is named as a beneficiary of the trust and the guardian of Jackson's children, who are named in the will.
It also names Jackson's longtime lawyer John Branca and John McClain, a music executive and a family friend, as co-executors of the will.
In a statement, Branca and McClain said: "The most important element of Michael's will is his unwavering desire that his mother, Katherine, become the legal guardian for his three children.
(Story Continues On Next Page...)

(...Story Continued from Previous Page)
As we work to carry out Michael's instructions to safeguard both the future of his children as well as the remarkable legacy he left us as an artist we ask that all matters involving his estate be handled with the dignity and the respect that Michael and his family deserve."
Katherine Jackson was granted temporary guardianship Monday of Jackson's three children. A judge held off on requests to control the children's estates, and gave her limited control over her son's troubled, but lucrative finances.
Rowe, who was married to Jackson in 1996 and filed for divorce three years later, surrendered her parental rights. An appeals court later found that was done in error, and Rowe and Jackson entered an out-of-court settlement in 2006.
Neither Rowe nor her attorneys have indicated whether she intends to seek custody of the two oldest children.
THIS IS BREAKING NEWS. Please check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Heavy construction equipment and workers passed through the wrought-iron gates of Neverland Ranch, fueling speculation that it could soon be hosting a funeral or a permanent memorial to Michael Jackson.
The activity occurred Tuesday, the day before Jackson's will was expected to be filed in court. Santa Barbara County officials said there were no final decisions by the Jackson family for any funeral or memorial service in the county or at Neverland.
All the same, more than a dozen vehicles, including a tractor, a cement mixer and a backhoe, along with groups of gardeners and florists bearing huge wreaths, were spotted on the property about 120 miles northwest of Los Angeles.
Related: A Tribute to Michael Jackson, 1958-2009
At once a symbol of Jackson's success and excesses, Neverland — the 2,500-acre property nestled in the hills of Santa Barbara County's wine country — became the site of a makeshift memorial after his death Thursday.
Members of Jackson's family met Tuesday with officials from the Los Angeles police and California Highway Patrol about funeral services, but "details are still pending," according to Fran Clader, a spokeswoman for the patrol. The patrol would need to be consulted if the body was moved from Los Angeles to Neverland.
Fearing the narrow, two-lane Figueroa Mountain Road that runs past Neverland will be overwhelmed by media and fans, county officials said Wednesday that they'll start enforcing parking restrictions.
It was unclear whether Jackson could be legally buried at the ranch. The state's health and safety code makes interring any uncremated remains outside of a cemetery a misdemeanor. Cremated remains can be kept in a home or private mausoleum outside a cemetery, he said.
Jackson's will was to be filed Wednesday in Los Angeles. A person with knowledge of the document told The Associated Press on Tuesday that it gives guardianship over his children to the singer's mother and leaves all his assets in a trust fund.
The will was signed on July 7, 2002, and named as executors Jackson's longtime lawyer John Branca and John McClain, a music executive and a family friend, said the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak on the topic.
The family said in court documents Monday that it believed the 50-year-old entertainer died Thursday without a valid will and moved swiftly to take control over his lucrative, but debt-encumbered, estate.
In response, Judge Mitchell Beckloff granted Jackson's 79-year-old mother, Katherine Jackson, temporary guardianship of her son's three children, who range in age from 7 to 12.
The judge also gave her control over some of her son's personal property that is now in the hands of an unnamed third party. But the judge did not immediately rule on her requests to take charge of the children's and Jackson's estates.
On its face, the move by Jackson's family to proactively take legal action does not seem to conflict with the singer's stated desire to have his children put under his parents' care and their financial welfare assured.
Experts said the personal bankruptcy of Jackson's parents in 1999 could work against Katherine taking control of the estate.
Court documents show Katherine and Joe Jackson filed for Chapter 7 and listed nearly $24 million in debts that included court judgments, auto loans and credit cards. The only valuable asset listed was a house in Las Vegas then valued at $290,000. The bankruptcy was terminated in March 2007, but the documents gave no further details.
"I think it would be a negative factor but not necessarily a disqualifier," said Beth Kaufman, a Washington-based attorney specializing in estate tax issues. "It could indicate that she is not capable of sound financial management."
More details emerged Tuesday about the recent state of Jackson's finances. In the most detailed account yet of the singer's tangled financial empire, documents obtained by the AP show Jackson claimed to have a net worth of $236.6 million as of March 31, 2007.
More: Michael Jackson news, features and photos
Since that time both Jackson's debts and assets grew substantially — he refinanced loans later that year that increased his debt load by tens of millions of dollars, but the Sony/ATV Music Publishing joint venture he is a part of also spent hundreds of millions acquiring new songs.
Jackson's own health was a concern in his final days. A nutritionist who was working with the singer as he prepared his comeback bid said Jackson was so distraught over persistent insomnia in recent months that he pleaded for a powerful sedative, despite warnings it could be harmful.
Cherilyn Lee, a registered nurse whose specialty includes nutritional counseling, said she got a frantic phone call from Jackson four days before his death that made her fear that he somehow obtained Diprivan or another drug to induce sleep.
Lee said Jackson in the call complained that one side of his body felt cold and the other side was cold, prompting her to believe the "somebody had given him something that hit the central nervous system."
"He was in trouble Sunday and he was crying out," she said.
But a photographer who took pictures of Jackson's rehearsals two days before his death had a different impression.
"From the way he was performing, to me he was 100 percent. He was the same Michael that I have photographed numerous times. I was happy for him. He was extremely happy," American photographer Kevin Mazur told The Associated Press on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, thousands of Jackson fans crammed into New York City's famed Apollo Theater for a public tribute to the performer, clutching photographs, cheering and dancing to his music at the legendary venue that launched the one-time child star's career.
"He knew he was loved, but he didn't know he was this loved," said one participant, Rosiland Sargent, 59, of West Orange, N.J.

That was Breaking News.

:!: :arrow:
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Here the tape of Michael Jackson last rehearsals at Staples center.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbi ... earsal.cnn

:!: :arrow:
har

Post by har »

tadreamer74 wrote:

Is there really any need to post like this on here :?: :roll:

Hope Michael still posts I for one enjoy reading his stuff.

har

Post by har »

Michael Jacksons music is no really my thing.

However, There is no doubt the man was an extremely talented singer, songwriter and dancer who brought pleasure to millions.

So respect to him for that.

Best song - Black or White 8) or maybe.......... Billie Jean.
tadreamer74

Post by tadreamer74 »

har wrote:
tadreamer74 wrote:

Is there really any need to post like this on here :?: :roll:

Hope Michael still posts I for one enjoy reading his stuff.

Yes it is, don't like it go to the E-unimportant-al forum. Michael Jackson is dead, time to move on :wink: :roll: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: