Edgar Interview after UCLA Gig

24db

Re: Edgar Interview after UCLA Gig

Post by 24db »

fantastic interview, well done to Loraine and Dale
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Excellent stuff - thanks for the link Gary 8)
"The streets are full of admirable craftsmen, but so few practical dreamers" - Man Rey
timer

Post by timer »

Cheers for posting Gary - great reading. 8)

But who's Efgar Froese ? :shock:
Last edited by timer on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

8)

:!: :arrow:
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

That's a really really interesting interview!
Although sometimes Edgar's answers seem not much related to the questions (editing errors?). Example: If I get this right, his answer to the last question "What do you do for recreation?" boils down to [parapharased] "I leave conversations when they turn to small talk. And sometimes I compose music when I'm in the right place at the right time." Hmm.
redziller

Post by redziller »

damn fine read that - damn fine 8)
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

This is, by far, one of the best interviews I have ever seen. It was not geek'y ... and it was not tech'y ... and it showed a nice amount of intelligence and comprehension of what makes an artist.

Of all the interviews I have ever seen/heard ... there are only two and now this is one of them ... there was in 1975/1976 around the time of Vangelis' Heaven and Hell ... a promo that went around radio stations with Vangelis talking about his music ... and that talk (there are no questions) is excellent and he talks about his past and how he composes and creates music. And plays spoons (my favorite! and thus the jokes here!).

The only other one I remember that really was too far out ... was Guy Guden's interview with Robin Williamson (Incredible String Foot and Pea) that same year ... and Robin had a free reign on the air for a couple of hours ... and he had fun doing it and even telling Kissinger jokes.

It's not everyday that you get a chance to have fun, enjoy and actually meet someone ... no matter if they are a star or an winner.

You come away appreciating a real person. Edgar still has that Wagner look (you know the angry gait!) ... but what the heck .. this is as open and soft as I have ever seen him ... other than his music.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

What a great interview.

Can't say that I've understood all of it, I've only got a small brain, but much of it sheds a lot of light on the inner workings of Edgar's mind. I think Lorraine has done a great job.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Fantastic interview and read. I even got mentioned for flying over the pond and back for the religous experience! It was'nt a religous experience. It was the dream trip! Cant wait to fly back across for the Berlin gig. Thank you Lorraine and Dale. Brilliant interview. Hope to meet up at the next TD fan meet/show.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Excellent interview and makes great reading 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

Michael66 wrote:That's a really really interesting interview!
Although sometimes Edgar's answers seem not much related to the questions (editing errors?). Example: If I get this right, his answer to the last question "What do you do for recreation?" boils down to [parapharased] "I leave conversations when they turn to small talk. And sometimes I compose music when I'm in the right place at the right time." Hmm.
rumour has it that TD were invlved in the editing slightly
24db

Post by 24db »

also available as a PDF from the TDOC
Brien Comerford

Edgar's Vegetarianism

Post by Brien Comerford »

It was nice to read that Edgar still abstains from meat and fish. Killing animals for food is inhumane and causes more global warming and environmental toxicity than any other destructive human behavior. His music improved after he turned vegetarian too.
TheMan

Re: Edgar's Vegetarianism

Post by TheMan »

Brien Comerford wrote:It was nice to read that Edgar still abstains from meat and fish. Killing animals for food is inhumane and causes more global warming and environmental toxicity than any other destructive human behavior. His music improved after he turned vegetarian too.

exactly when did Edgar go vegetarian?