Chandra

Justin
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Justin »

Woke up by postie this morning... always earlier on a Saturday when u want a lay in !!!! Eastgate packet arrived..... although, my girlfriend ordered a couple of goodies for my birthday unknown to me, so instead of the expected 'Chandra' I awoke to the Loreley DVD and 'Vintage Vanguard' !!!! Spent the morning enjoying the DVD and now about to give VV its first spin. Big hug to the girlfriend for such a nice present.
Look for the sounds of Digital Horizons at http://digitalhorizons.bandcamp.com/ and on iTunes, CDBaby, Amazon Downloads and Reverbnation.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Justin wrote:Woke up by postie this morning... always earlier on a Saturday when u want a lay in !!!! Eastgate packet arrived..... although, my girlfriend ordered a couple of goodies for my birthday unknown to me, so instead of the expected 'Chandra' I awoke to the Loreley DVD and 'Vintage Vanguard' !!!! Spent the morning enjoying the DVD and now about to give VV its first spin. Big hug to the girlfriend for such a nice present.
Nice....V V is a fine album. 8)
Okefenokee

Post by Okefenokee »

Hi Folks,
I'm new to the list and will introduce myself later 8)
Chandra and The Eagle Eye Concert arrived yesterday (one day earlier, to be correct, but I had to pick it up from the post office).
I listened 1 and a half time to Chandra and I'm not quite sure what to think about it. It is a very unusual TD record. The 4th track (The Unknown Is The Truth) is maybe the darkest, strangest and most experimental track that Edgar ever composed :shock: It has a very dark and frightening atmosphere with spheric sounds and broken rhythms. The rest of the songs sound familiar but there are always new things to discover. It has to be heard over headphones. The sound is FANTASTIC.

Best wishes. See you later.
Dirk
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Okefenokee wrote:Hi Folks,
I'm new to the list and will introduce myself later 8)
Chandra and The Eagle Eye Concert arrived yesterday (one day earlier, to be correct, but I had to pick it up from the post office).
I listened 1 and a half time to Chandra and I'm not quite sure what to think about it. It is a very unusual TD record. The 4th track (The Unknown Is The Truth) is maybe the darkest, strangest and most experimental track that Edgar ever composed :shock: It has a very dark and frightening atmosphere with spheric sounds and broken rhythms. The rest of the songs sound familiar but there are always new things to discover. It has to be heard over headphones. The sound is FANTASTIC.

Best wishes. See you later.
Dirk
Sounds like my tyoe of music. Can't wait....

....nothing here yet BTW.
24db

Post by 24db »

Sounds great, welcome to the forum Dirk
24db

Post by 24db »

Still waiting, Jerome ships quicker ;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Chandra sounds excellent, cant wait to get mine and put on the headphones :D

fossilisedmoog

:wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

Waiting patiently :)
Nero

Post by Nero »

24db wrote:Still waiting, Jerome ships quicker ;)
He seems to have less customers then..... :wink:
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:D :D Certainly does. Ordered Tuesday evening, arrived yesterday morning. Impressive :wink: :arrow:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

prophetfive wrote:
:D :D Certainly does. Ordered Tuesday evening, arrived yesterday morning. Impressive :wink: :arrow:

But then again after seeing some of the prices he is charging you should expect first class service :wink:
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Hyperboreauk wrote:Waiting patiently :)
Must admit that my patience is not that great any longer - still no CD's or TDOC card :(
ant

Post by ant »

:( Ditto - Still no CD's as at 28 June. Hopefully today. Can't imagine why it is taking nearly two weeks from shipment day. I know we had a one day postal strike but even that doesn't account for this length of waiting. Come on postie - deliver my little dreamy discs!! :D
Biggus Dickus
forcemajeure

Post by forcemajeure »

It looks like the deliveries are starting to arrive - This morning to my work arrived Chandra. So for those still waiting have faith - it will arrive shortly!!
Am holding back from buying The London Eye CD set - will await the DVD which is due this month (not easy typing with crossed fingers!)
24db

Post by 24db »

Chandra:

01. Approaching Greenland At 7 pm: The postman has arrived...and two minutes later I press play on my CD player (1.59 minutes of which I spent trying to get the plastic off the case!). To be honest initially I'm thinking 'more of the same old stuff' from Edgar...with a rather weak meandering melody...however the real interest lies in the stomping sequencing on this track. Things get bassier and it's hard to resist it. Extra sequences are added spiralling upwards. A few bars of lush chords and it's over. 7/10

03. Screaming Of The Dreamless Sleeper: A reversed timbre kicks things off whilst another plays across the channels. A low chord slowly states the changes in key and breathes emotion as a bass note follows it through time. Echoing notes add colour, and a panned synth takes centre stage. The rhythm builds. You've probably heard similar from Edgar many times before, but there's the odd touch here and there that keeps my interest 7/10

04. The Unknown Is The Truth:

A reversed cymbal 'splash' crossfades into vocoded 'sneezes'. Ethereal synth pads drift in and out, whilst fractured 'Summer in Nagasaki-like' sequences loop and repeat...the volume builds and a rather 90's rave sequence jumps into the mix for a dozen or so bars...a chugging sequence takes over, only to drop away leaving beind a bassy echoing rhythm and wordless choirs, perhaps hinting at Edgar's work on Purgatorio?. Things continue as reversed sounds morning and breath beneath the pulse, sometimes phased, sometimes dry. A bass note is added, as the overall tone becomes metalic and buzzy. Just as things get really interesting it fades to close. 8/10
Last edited by 24db on Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.