old synths

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:Sadly all those old (or new synths) don't come with talent to write music that moves and entertained people for decades...I asked BM and he knows I'm right ;)

he's not wrong :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote:Sadly all those old (or new synths) don't come with talent to write music that moves and entertained people for decades...I asked BM and he knows I'm right ;)

he's not wrong :D
ladies and gentlemen case closed...probably ;)
tokyocat

Re: old synths

Post by tokyocat »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:Whilst going through my TD memorabilia this avo, i found a few 'keyboard' magazines with interviews etc. These date from the late 90s but in one of them was a red nord lead synth just like the one Edgar uses on the recent dvds and last saturday of course. Now either Nord havent changed their design in over ten years or TD are using 'old' equipment.

Does anyone know more about the equipment TD use?
All the Nord synths have the same basic color, shape and design... from a distance the Nord Lead 1, 2, 2x, 3 etc all look very similar, but they have a different sound and different specifications.

They are nice synths, the interface on the Nord Lead series is perfect for beginners to learn about how synthesizers work (subtractive synthesis anyway). Unfortunately they are expensive, probably too much for most casual musicians.

Hope this helps.
J M Jarre, Suzanne Vega, Ian Boddy, David Bowie, Japanese Pop, Redshift, Alan Parsons Project, Monolake, Annie Lennox, Vangelis, Einsturzende Neubauten, Underworld, Brian Eno, Enya, Joy Division, Pink Floyd, Coil, The Blue Nile, Curve, Kate Bush, R H Kirk