Should Iris be given a drumming solo spot?

Yes. I love drumming and all drumming related activities.
52%
No. Do me a favour.
38%
Yes. It'll give me a chance to go to the loo/bar.
10%

Total votes: 21

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

I was watching the Forum DVD again the other day and was, as I was on the night, mesmerised by Iris' drumming. The thought crossed my mind that Iris has never, as far as I know, been given a solo spot. So the question is should she.

Personally I'm not normally a fan of drumming. I've only seen one or two solos over the years that I actually enjoyed (Neil Peart springs to mind) but I'd be interested to see what Iris would bring to it.

Didn't Emil Hachfeld have a bit of a solo spot at the start of the 1997 tour?
24db

Post by 24db »

she's already had one
24db

Re: Should Iris be given a drumming solo spot?

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:I was watching the Forum DVD again the other day and was, as I was on the night, mesmerised by Iris' drumming. The thought crossed my mind that Iris has never, as far as I know, been given a solo spot. So the question is should she.

Personally I'm not normally a fan of drumming. I've only seen one or two solos over the years that I actually enjoyed (Neil Peart springs to mind) but I'd be interested to see what Iris would bring to it.

Emil's solo was at the second half of the show, during that tour....IMHO the bit I enjoyed the most
timer

Post by timer »

Chris Monk wrote:I was watching the Forum DVD again the other day and was, as I was on the night, mesmerised by Iris' drumming. The thought crossed my mind that Iris has never, as far as I know, been given a solo spot. So the question is should she.

Forum DVD Chris ? :shock: have I missed the release ? :(
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:shock: :shock: Forum DVD :?: :wink: :arrow:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:

No. Talking b*ll*cks again. I mean the Astoria DVD. Doh!!!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Yes and preferably in a basque and suspenders :wink: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

epsilon75 wrote:Yes and preferably in a basque and suspenders :wink: :arrow:

Hello :wink: :wink: :D :D
The Stoke TDBA Division.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I'm not familiar with that one. How does "In a Basque and Suspenders" go? :wink:

signed,

a very naïve Chris Monk
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Yes Colin my meds have that effect as well but my visions usually include LS as well :shock:

Now that's a good idea for a calender :wink:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

alipaul wrote:
Yes Colin my meds have that effect as well but my visions usually include LS as well :shock:

Now that's a good idea for a calender :wink:
I would probably spend 23 hours a day looking at the calender :oops: :wink: :)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Chris Monk wrote:
timer wrote:

No. Talking b*ll*cks again. I mean the Astoria DVD. Doh!!!

I thought I was missing something too. With all the new releases and re-releases you just cant keep track of everything every minute. I hope we get to see the Forum concert sometime this year soon.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

My vote is a quite no. Only becuase I see to many drum solos at rock concerts that should not have happened. Not because they are bad drummers. I think if you are Neil Peirt of Rush or John Bonham(god rest his sole) or Keith Moon(another tragedy), then "YES DRUM ALL YOU WANT". Iris does enough drumming onstage for TD. I really love her performance. She's always moving around and smiling and just having a great time. I was watching the Loreley dvd last night and was really digging her performance. Dont think a drum solo is appropiate for a Tangerine Dream concert. A TD show should be a electronic/ambient concert. Not a pop/rock concert! TD is not pop. If I want to see a drum solo, then I'll go to youtube! :shock: Thats my opinion.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

tdream4ever wrote:My vote is a quite no. Only becuase I see to many drum solos at rock concerts that should not have happened. Not because they are bad drummers. I think if you are Neil Peirt of Rush or John Bonham(god rest his sole) or Keith Moon(another tragedy), then "YES DRUM ALL YOU WANT". Iris does enough drumming onstage for TD. I really love her performance. She's always moving around and smiling and just having a great time. I was watching the Loreley dvd last night and was really digging her performance. Dont think a drum solo is appropiate for a Tangerine Dream concert. A TD show should be a electronic/ambient concert. Not a pop/rock concert! TD is not pop. If I want to see a drum solo, then I'll go to youtube! :shock: Thats my opinion.
I like Iris but i do agree with your sentiments
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Peter Beasley

Post by Peter Beasley »

tdream4ever wrote:A TD show should be a electronic/ambient concert. Not a pop/rock concert!
Ooooh! You could've started quite a debate now! Actually, I think you'll find drum solos are more akin to jazz than pop/rock.